The sound of her shoes

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For those of you don't like wearing heels, I totally relate. After all, they do HURT our feet and can cause other aches and pains. However. OMG! Ladies!! For those of you who not wear them or even own a pair you love, please, please, please treat yourself to a very special present by going out and purchasing a pair of "bedroom" only heels. They are really fun to play with and are a fantastic accessory...anytime.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can almost agree, but not quite...I at least have never *bought* any heels for myself. But I've been given a number of pairs throughout the years. I either never wear them, or I wear them maybe once. I don't know how to walk in them and they don't really fit my style, so it ends up being a shame they go to waste in my closet.

In fact anyone wear a US size 8,5? :biggrin1:

1 red pair similar to these examples (hand-made from prague) with a more dangerous-looking heel

1 black pair kind of like these but not open-toed, similar hand-stitching

i'm givin 'em away!

That red pair are so cute!!! I wish I wore a size 8.5! Unfortunately I wear size 5.5-6 in heels. :frown1:

Kevbo

Sexy Member
Media
A lot of great responses from everyone -- many thanks. (A special shout-out to AlteredEgo for the extended research. :smile:)

For those who posted that they didn't like the sounds and try to pad more stealthily through life... I understand, and you should obey whatever your comfort level dictates. But there are good "steps" and bad "steps" with wearing heels. A bad "step" is heavy, scuffed, rushed, and screams "I don't know how to wear these things and I'm shuffling quickly to my next destination before I topple!" (I'm not saying this reflects the actual truth, just what it connotes on a "first-pass" listen.)

A "good" step is a precise ta-tap (like a flam in drumming -- 2 rapid beats where the 2nd "interrupts" the 1st) and moves at a "stalking" pace. Ta-tap... ta-tap... ta-tap... ta-tap... It says, "I'm sexy as hell... I wear these things like I was born with them on... and I'm going to saunter at my own pace and let you boys savor the way my body moves as I do it".

So if you're self-conscious about the sounds you make, it may be because you're rushing and "slapping" rather than slinking and "striking".

On behalf of many men, let me express a general gratitude to the many women who wear heels and wear them well! We know you are, ah, suffering for your art, but you are moving masterpieces! :wink:

Kevbo

vaeyinn

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Love love love my high heels! and my ballet slippers and my Allstars depending on my attitude for that day, but ever since I was a little kid with plastic dressup heels, I have loved that click clack.
And men? They notice. I can walk down the same street at the same time in flats one day, heels the next and I only get ogled in heels.

Enid, I would happily take both pairs, but I also wear a 5-6 shoe. :(

thehighheelsgirl

Sexy Member
Media
I always wear heels, and am well aware of the fact that when I walk into anywhere that has hard floors, as soon as I walk in almost everyone turns to see me, so there is certainly a sound fascination associated with them!

citygirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I absolutely LOVE heels, especially stilettos and never wear anything less than a 4" heel. Since I wear them all day everyday (my ex-husband thought I was born in them) they definitely do attract alot of attention (some of it unwanted) and stares, and has gotten me extras and freebies!

citygirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I can almost agree, but not quite...I at least have never *bought* any heels for myself. But I've been given a number of pairs throughout the years. I either never wear them, or I wear them maybe once. I don't know how to walk in them and they don't really fit my style, so it ends up being a shame they go to waste in my closet.

In fact anyone wear a US size 8,5? :biggrin1:

1 red pair similar to these examples (hand-made from prague) with a more dangerous-looking heel

1 black pair kind of like these but not open-toed, similar hand-stitching

i'm givin 'em away!

Enid, wow those Miu Miu's are lovely! I might get myself a pair!

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have a suggestion!
How about taking photos in your hills and posting them here? No face, you don`t have take pics of your legs if you don`t fancy it. Just shoes pics;)
I love seeing a lovely pair of female shoes:)
Seeing, not wearing! :)

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oooh I never realized they have separate sizes for men and women in the US! Wow. Complicated. :tongue:
Glad I could spare you potential anguish in some theoretical future where you attempt to buy shoes from an American vendor and end up with shoes two sizes too small.:biggrin1:

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I love wearing heels. It's a weakness*. I love the look, the way they make me walk, the extra height..I could go on...and on. I have more trouble and discomfort when wearing flats but that could be because my muscles have become so accustomed to a heeled shoe.

The shoes in this pic from my gallery are incredibly comfortable. Not too high, I can still stride out in them and although they do 'click-clack' they're not too loud.

I have a pair of boots with particularly hard heels that strike the ground with a very loud click. Stealth is not an option. The sound does attract attention and depending on my mood and the circumstance this can be unwelcome.

People have often commented that they can hear me approaching. I thought this was because I tend to walk with purpose, but it could actually be the heels. Or more likely a combination of both. Or maybe I just walk like a stomping elephant! :redface:

Santa, if you're reading this, a reminder that these Louboutin boots are selling fast. I've been a good girl, honest.

*An apparent weakness. I'm in denial. My physio reminds me at every appointment when I have a bad back.