The Soundtrack Of Our Lives

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In no particular order, what are your five / ten 'must have' albums and stand out track(s) from them:-

Seahorses - Do it yourself - Blinded by the sun / Love is the law
Radiohead - Pablo Honey - Creep
Oasis - All albums - All songs
Credence Clearwater Revival - Bayou County -Born on the Bayou/Midnight Special
Jurassic 5 - Power in numbers - What's Golden / Sum of us
Big Daddy Kane - Daddys' Home - Show and Prove / Lyrical Gymnastics
Ice Cube - Death Certificate - Givin' Up The Nappy Dug Out / I Wanna Kill Sam
Guns 'n' Roses - Appetite for Destruction - Sweet Child o' Mine / Welcome to the Jungle
Beatles - Anthology - All you need is love / Twist and Shout
Pearl Jam - Ten - Alive / Jeremy

(So many more essentials, but I'd be here all week!)

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Motörhead - Ace Of Spades - Jailbait
Motörhead - Iron Fist - (Don't Need) Religion
Motörhead - Orgasmatron - Doctor Rock
Motörhead - March Or Die - March Or Die
Motörhead - Bastards - I Am The Sword
Motörhead - Sacrifice - Dog Face Boy
Motörhead - Overnight Sensation - Love Can't Buy You Money
Motörhead - Snake Bite Love - Joy Of Labour
Motörhead - Hammered - Kill The World
Motörhead - Inferno - Life's A Bitch

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Oct 27 2005, 12:53 PM
Motörhead - Ace Of Spades - Jailbait
Motörhead - Iron Fist - (Don't Need) Religion
Motörhead - Orgasmatron - Doctor Rock
Motörhead - March Or Die - March Or Die
Motörhead - Bastards - I Am The Sword
Motörhead - Sacrifice - Dog Face Boy
Motörhead - Overnight Sensation - Love Can't Buy You Money
Motörhead - Snake Bite Love - Joy Of Labour
Motörhead - Hammered - Kill The World
Motörhead - Inferno - Life's A Bitch
[post=355820]Quoted post[/post]​

Can't beat a bit of 'head! Love Ace of Spades. Also love Hawkwinds 'Silver Machine'

absinthium

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Nirvana - In Utero - "Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle," "Dumb," "I Hate Myself and I Want to Die"* (*Originally supposed to be the title for the album, which the record company of course couldn't have. The track appears on some versions of the album.)
Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun - "Svefn-g-englar," "Vidrar vel til Loftarasa" (I'm too lazy to look up the necessary Icelandic characters.)
Clinic - Walking with Thee - "Walking with Thee," "Mr. Moonlight," "The Equaliser"
Tori Amos - From the Choirgirl Hotel - "iieee," "She's Your Cocaine," "Cruel"
Rasputina - Frustration Plantation - "Possom of the Grotto," "The Mayor," "High on Life"

There are loads more that I love dearly, but suddenly they all escape me.

hippyscum

Experimental Member
Media
The Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible - The whole fucking thing

Devin Townsend - Ocean Machine:Biomech - Seventh Wave, Life, Bastard, Voices In The Fan, Night, Hide Nowhere, Regulator, etc

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here - Shine On You Crazy Diamond Part 1 & 2

Faith No More - Angel Dust - Everything's Ruined, Jizzlobber, Land Of Sunshine, RV

Led Zeppelin - Houses Of The Holy - all of it

The Wildhearts - Earth Vs. The Wildhearts - Everlone, My Baby Is A Headfuck, Suckerpunch, TV Tan, etc

Metallica - Ride The Lightning - Ride The Lightning, Fade To Black, Fight Fire With Fire, Call Of Ktulu

Guns N Roses - Use Your Illusion 1 & 2 - Locomotive, Coma, Double Talkin' Jive, Back Off Bitch, Bad Obsession, Get In The Ring, etc

Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables - Holiday In Cambodia, Kill The Poor, Jesus Was A Terrorist

Frank Zappa - Hot Rats - Willie The Pimp, Son Of Mr Green Genes, Peaches En Regalia, It Must Be A Camel

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by hippyscum@Oct 27 2005, 02:39 PM
The Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible - The whole fucking thing

Devin Townsend - Ocean Machine:Biomech - Seventh Wave, Life, Bastard, Voices In The Fan, Night, Hide Nowhere, Regulator, etc

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here - Shine On You Crazy Diamond Part 1 & 2

Faith No More - Angel Dust - Everything's Ruined, Jizzlobber, Land Of Sunshine, RV

Led Zeppelin - Houses Of The Holy - all of it

The Wildhearts - Earth Vs. The Wildhearts - Everlone, My Baby Is A Headfuck, Suckerpunch, TV Tan, etc

Metallica - Ride The Lightning - Ride The Lightning, Fade To Black, Fight Fire With Fire, Call Of Ktulu

Guns N Roses - Use Your Illusion 1 & 2 - Locomotive, Coma, Double Talkin' Jive, Back Off Bitch, Bad Obsession, Get In The Ring, etc

Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables - Holiday In Cambodia, Kill The Poor, Jesus Was A Terrorist

Frank Zappa - Hot Rats - Willie The Pimp, Son Of Mr Green Genes, Peaches En Regalia, It Must Be A Camel
[post=355852]Quoted post[/post]​

Shit! Yeah, forgot Faith No More! Don't throw me off for forgetting that!

absinthium

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Originally posted by hippyscum@Oct 27 2005, 09:39 AM

I'm really quite fond of "Midlife Crisis," "Smaller and Smaller," and "A Small Victory."

hippyscum

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by absinthium+Oct 27 2005, 02:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(absinthium &#064; Oct 27 2005, 02:04 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-hippyscum@Oct 27 2005, 09:39 AM
Faith No More - Angel Dust - Everything&#39;s Ruined, Jizzlobber, Land Of Sunshine, RV

I&#39;m really quite fond of "Midlife Crisis," "Smaller and Smaller," and "A Small Victory."
[post=355872]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, the whole "Angel Dust" album was quite a step up from rapping in a nasally voice - it&#39;s generally just quite spectacular. "KIndergarten" and their cover of "Easy" are highlights as well.

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by hippyscum+Oct 27 2005, 03:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippyscum &#064; Oct 27 2005, 03:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by absinthium@Oct 27 2005, 02:04 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-hippyscum
@Oct 27 2005, 09:39 AM
Faith No More - Angel Dust - Everything&#39;s Ruined, Jizzlobber, Land Of Sunshine, RV

I&#39;m really quite fond of "Midlife Crisis," "Smaller and Smaller," and "A Small Victory."

Yeah, the whole "Angel Dust" album was quite a step up from rapping in a nasally voice - it&#39;s generally just quite spectacular. "KIndergarten" and their cover of "Easy" are highlights as well.
[post=355873]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Best track was most definately Everything&#39;s Ruined. Pure class.

hippyscum

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by HappyHammer1977@Oct 27 2005, 02:13 PM

[post=355880]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah I totally agree, the chanting "Now everything&#39;s ruined, yeah" is just fantastic.

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by hippyscum+Oct 27 2005, 03:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippyscum &#064; Oct 27 2005, 03:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-HappyHammer1977@Oct 27 2005, 02:13 PM

Yeah I totally agree, the chanting "Now everything&#39;s ruined, yeah" is just fantastic.
[post=355881]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I&#39;m just pissed off that I missed the chance to see them live. Be Aggressive must&#39;ve been awesome.

absinthium

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Originally posted by HappyHammer1977+Oct 27 2005, 10:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HappyHammer1977 &#064; Oct 27 2005, 10:13 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by hippyscum@Oct 27 2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by absinthium@Oct 27 2005, 02:04 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-hippyscum
@Oct 27 2005, 09:39 AM

[post=355873]Quoted post[/post]​

[/b][/quote]

That is a pretty sweet fuckin&#39; song. I saw the phrase "does emotional music have an effect on you?" on a mental wellness questionnaire once, and I immediately started snickering to myself thinking about "Land of Sunshine." I was sorely disappointed when "here&#39;s how to order" didn&#39;t also make an appearance.

hippyscum

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by absinthium@Oct 27 2005, 02:20 PM

That is a pretty sweet fuckin&#39; song. I saw the phrase "does emotional music have an effect on you?" on a mental wellness questionnaire once, and I immediately started snickering to myself thinking about "Land of Sunshine." I was sorely disappointed when "here&#39;s how to order" didn&#39;t also make an appearance.
[post=355884]Quoted post[/post]​

Haha&#33; How cool. Mike Patton didn&#39;t even write the lyrics, he just wrote down random things he saw in newspapers and also a Scientology questionnaire, so you may have the same readin as Mr. Patton :)

absinthium

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Originally posted by hippyscum+Oct 27 2005, 10:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippyscum &#064; Oct 27 2005, 10:23 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-absinthium@Oct 27 2005, 02:20 PM

[post=355884]Quoted post[/post]​

Haha&#33; How cool. Mike Patton didn&#39;t even write the lyrics, he just wrote down random things he saw in newspapers and also a Scientology questionnaire, so you may have the same readin as Mr. Patton :)
[post=355887]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I&#39;m still waiting to get the "when all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed" fortune cookie. That phrase is repeated over and over at the end of "Man That You Fear" by Marilyn Manson. Apparently he totally ganked it from a cookie.

hippyscum

Experimental Member
Media
The only time I had a fortune cookie, it said something along the lines of "Always smile, because you never know who&#39;s watching you" which seemed to be a bit more Orwellian than anything, and mad eme realise that my paranoia is well founded.

absinthium

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I hate it when they aren&#39;t fortunes so much as strange observations about human nature. I always get shit like, "No job is so simple that it cannot be done wrong."

God, what a downer. At least tell me I&#39;ll step on the shores of many foreign countries or something.

hippyscum

Experimental Member
Media
But at least they taste good&#33;

And my Gran has a flipbook filled with little things like that, ye have to wonder who comes up with daft things like that, do they hire someone or are they just someones personal musings?

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Anyway, music&#33;
Don&#39;t really like to include covers, but when they&#39;re done well...

Johnny Cash - American Prayer - Personal Jesus / Bridge Over Troubled Water

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by HappyHammer1977@Oct 27 2005, 03:49 PM
Anyway, music&#33;
Don&#39;t really like to include covers, but when they&#39;re done well...

Johnny Cash - American Prayer - Personal Jesus / Bridge Over Troubled Water
[post=355905]Quoted post[/post]​

Is that right? American Prayer was Jim Morrison wasn&#39;t it??