The spiritual aspect of penis

Skinny Guinea

Experimental Member
Media
Thanks bro.

The semi-boner is gone now, though. While it was going, though, I was actually even a bit light headed. This very discussion takes me into an altered state of consciousness. Next time you have a boner, bro, note your state of mind. Isn't it beautiful?

Oh, wait -- it's back now! :toast:

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Since this thread has gone so fr off, this probably isn;t too bad a thread jack at this point. One of the links was to the book on the castration / male power thing. I had one really explicit, weird experience along this line.

I was out with a girl and another couple when a recent story about a guy running a nullifciation clinic in his kitchen in a local suburb came up in the conversation. We were all kind of haivng a laugh about it, as it just seemed so weird. Then my date, who I'd only gone out with a few times, chimes in that she'd always wanted to cut off a guys cock. She went on to ramble about some hypothetical guy fucking her over and how she'd cut off his cock and balls and then call 911 so he wouldn't bleed to death. The kicker was probably straight out of your book "he'd be a gimp - useless to women and powerless among men." The other three of us just stared at her. When we were screwing later than night she made this comment about something so powerful being so vulnerable. It weirded me out and I broke it off with her pretty quickly. Masculinty and its relation to the genitals is an area fraught with peril.

Now back to the regularly scheduled programming.

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Skinny Guinea@Oct 24 2005, 08:01 AM
Thanks bro.

The semi-boner is gone now, though. While it was going, though, I was actually even a bit light headed. This very discussion takes me into an altered state of consciousness. Next time you have a boner, bro, note your state of mind. Isn't it beautiful?

Oh, wait -- it's back now! :toast:
[post=354780]Quoted post[/post]​

WOW, this is such a heavy thread man.......I feel like William Hurt in "Altered states" after he stepped out of the tank and melted......groovey :crazy:

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by Skinny Guinea@Oct 23 2005, 11:42 PM
Oh well, if it all backfires and piss off too many people in the process, I can always leave, you know. :toast:
[post=354719]Quoted post[/post]​

Definitely don't leave, Skinny, because some of jaded snarky posters. Remember that for every sarcastic comment posted publicly, there are probably ten quietly held opinions that what you write is cool.

Keep posting, bro; it's good to have you on-board.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Skinny Guinea+Oct 23 2005, 05:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skinny Guinea &#064; Oct 23 2005, 05:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>...Being that I&#39;m a "newbie," and being that this is a rather, um, unusual view, I fear it may scare some of you away, but I&#39;m going to share this anyway because it&#39;s heartfelt and honest.

...CASTRATION AND MALE RAGE: THE PHALLIC WOUND by Eugene Monick
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearc...919123511&itm=2

The second book (written by a Jungian analyst) says that many men suffer from a fear of castration anxiety, and that to feel that one&#39;s penis is not good enough or that one may be in danger of losing one&#39;s penis (either literally or metaphorically) is a loss of soul.

...I hope I haven&#39;t scared too many of you with this. Part of me thinks that I shouldn&#39;t mention all of this because I&#39;m new to the board. But the thing is, I was so moved by some of what I read on this forum last night that I was almost in tears, and coming here and reading some of what you guys have written only furthered my understanding that in some ways this is indeed a spiritual topic.

I&#39;m going to have to log off now, before I just go on and on and on, but before I do I wanted to say that I feel a real sort of brotherhood with all of you, which is also very beautiful because on this forum I see something that you don&#39;t always see in the "real world" -- men of different orientations talking about the prime symbol of being male. So fuckin&#39; beautiful&#33;

...This book, as the title states, is geared towards men like me: men who did not grow up with fathers and who therefore feel they are lost. This book says that in order to feel like a man, the male must see himself reflected in "Phallos," the god of the erect penis. This is what led me to reading the three books I mentioned above.
[post=354600]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

Yeah, right, the day you "scare away" anyone on THIS board... LOL
As for the "castration" reference... please keep in mind the difference between "castration" and "emasculation."
I&#39;m GLAD you jumped right in, and feel a brotherhood here. I think you will find that more of the folks here will hold you in higher regard if you post than if you don&#39;t. Penis is great, an interesting and active mind is even better.

<!--QuoteBegin-Skinny Guinea
@Oct 24 2005, 12:42 AM
Maybe I should&#39;ve waited before I delved into all of this, as newbies tend go through a "hazing" ritual on most forums, etc. Maybe I should&#39;ve let people get to know me first, but I was so happy to find this forum that I just let loose with all of this. Oh well, if it all backfires and piss off too many people in the process, I can always leave, you know. :toast:
[post=354719]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
It isn&#39;t hazing, it&#39;s just business as usual. Newbies with somthing to contribute don&#39;t piss anyone off; newbies who jump on with stupid shit, and start out with "show me pictures of your cock" or "any you women wanna fuck my giant cock" are likely to get totally flamed. I think you have already shown us which category you are in.

As for your emotional issues, that&#39;s something only you can deal with. Deep-seated feelings of abandonment affect different people in different ways. Your penis size aside, are you a good, decent, worthwhile human being? If you are, you do have hope. If not, well, I can&#39;t really comment otherwise. I hope this forum will be a springboard for your self-realization. Stick with us a while.

Wave

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Hey Skinny Ginuea.....just checked out your entries. Very nice and Jungian stuff is always rather heady, or cocky, depending on your perspective. I think i read the first book you mentioned, several years ago, or one much like it.

Of course the penis/phallus has totemic power...that&#39;s why it&#39;s been immortalized in so many cultures in so many mediums of art (have you ever seen the sculpture of Phallus measuring his unit with a weighting scale...i think from Mesopatamia?)and it&#39;s why even in the spiritual vacuum that is Amerika guys still are totally fascinated/freaked about penises and penis size, etc.

Question is, if you feel "lost" cuz you did not have a dad and thus did not have that masculine (is it &#39;anima&#39; or &#39;animus&#39;) force inculcated upon you to endow you with enough male &#39;energy&#39; (these are all &#39;symbols&#39; we&#39;re using here people), how do you go about getting it.

pursuing Phallic power through big cocks and gay experiences won&#39;t do it. I have found that YHWH has helped me quite a bit--tetragrammatonic reference there. And His kid--JC. it is tough, though, to sort it all out and to know what parts of it are spiritual and what parts are just lust and emotions working their way around your mind and heart and libido.

seek on&#33; :yourock:

Skinny Guinea

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Wave@Oct 24 2005, 02:13 PM
Hey Skinny Ginuea.....just checked out your entries.  Very nice and Jungian stuff is always rather heady, or cocky, depending on your perspective.  I think i read the first book you mentioned, several years ago, or one much like it.

Of course the penis/phallus has totemic power...that&#39;s why it&#39;s been immortalized in so many cultures in so many mediums of art (have you ever seen the sculpture of Phallus measuring his unit with a weighting scale...i think from Mesopatamia?)and it&#39;s why even in the spiritual vacuum that is Amerika guys still are totally fascinated/freaked about penises and penis size, etc.

Question is, if you feel "lost" cuz you did not have a dad and thus did not have that masculine (is it &#39;anima&#39; or &#39;animus&#39;) force inculcated upon you to endow you with enough male &#39;energy&#39; (these are all &#39;symbols&#39; we&#39;re using here people), how do you go about getting it.

pursuing Phallic power through big cocks and gay experiences won&#39;t do it.  I have found that YHWH has helped me quite a bit--tetragrammatonic reference there. And His kid--JC.      it is tough, though, to sort it all out and to know what parts of it are spiritual and what parts are just lust and emotions working their way around your mind and heart and libido.

seek on&#33; :yourock:
[post=354932]Quoted post[/post]​

I think for men it is the "animus." I think that, actually, this pursuit of masculine energy and the maintaining of that masculine energy is actually a lifelong issue. To my understanding, this is because men are not born of their own identity. Women give birth to women. Women come from female bodies. Women are their own identity, and they give birth to their own identity.

Men do not give birth to men. The man is born of a female body, and I think this presents us with a lifelong struggle to establish ourselves as male and to remain feeling male. I think that, actually, the pursuit of a man&#39;s life is to feel he has been "born of" the male identity. Actually, to be honest, I think that at some level this is what "Born Again" Christians are talking about -- they were born to a woman, and then they are "born again" of Christ (a male). Of course, they don&#39;t see it in these terms, but I think this is the underlying logic.

Anyway, to wrap that up a bit: yes, I have always felt a great lacking of male energy in my life and I have always longed to be more in touch with my own male energy. But I think this is what all men long for. I think this is actually the basis of sports, of fraternities, of gangs, and even of religions themselves.

My theory is that all religions are basically founded on men&#39;s needs to feel in touch with their male energy -- the three major religions of the Western World worship a male God and emphasize the man&#39;s need to be close to that God. And that God is referred to as a "Father." By feeling close to that "Father," men feel close to their source -- a male source. And then take into account that much of the world has been ruled based on religion, and you realize that most of the world has been ruled by men&#39;s desire to feel in touch with their masculine energy.

This is why I said earlier that this is all a religious and spiritual issue as well. The penis is ultimately a spiritual symbol, because it represents the male energy and it represents the shared male experience. It&#39;s something all men experience. Each penis is a result of the penis before it.

Did you know that all men are ultimately related? I&#39;m speaking scientifically here. The "Y" chromosome passes virtually unchanged from father to son. This is what makes us all connected and, ironically, what makes us all weaker than women on a biological level. The XX chromosome is stronger than the XY, because the XX is more deversified and "Y" in the XY stays virtually unchanged. On a biological level, variety is always stronger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Adam

Skinny Guinea

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by jonb@Oct 24 2005, 07:59 PM
What&#39;s &#39;totemic&#39; mean?
[post=355033]Quoted post[/post]​

I would imagine it would relate to "totem." If something is "totemic" then it must be "of the totem" or "related to the totem."

I think that was in reference to totem poles, or phallus totems, etc.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Just that New Agers know nothing about the people they homage. Indians don&#39;t have shamans, for example.

Skinny Guinea

Experimental Member
Media
I don&#39;t think it was meant in a New Age context. Freud and Jung were using the word "totem" long before New Agers came about, and long before New Agers started, well, ripping off Indian/Native American cultures. One of Freud&#39;s earliest books, published in 1913, was called "Totem and Taboo." This book has nothing to do with Indians/Native Americans. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freud

Click on the Wikipedia link and it explains that the word "totem" does not always pertain to Indian totem poles.

Originally posted by jonb@Oct 27 2005, 12:01 AM
Just that New Agers know nothing about the people they homage. Indians don&#39;t have shamans, for example.
[post=355773]Quoted post[/post]​