Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I posted this in Women's Issues because this profounding affected me as a woman. This was on a preview of another movie we were going to watch today. I insisted we watch this movie instead. I am almost speechless from it.

I cried several times throughout this movie. I am so upset by how women are treated in other countries, worse than dogs. It's a graphic movie, but it is lifechanging. I don't even know what could be done about this sort of behavior that goes on.

I just feel so bothered by the whole thing. It is based on a true story. I hope you watch it, i hope it bothers you and i hope it changes you somehow. It makes me thankful my daughter doesn't have to live this way.

The book has been banned in Iran because it obviously doesn't shed a good light on their legal system.

THE STONING OF SORAYA M.: Movie Trailer - Video

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I know, when i read the end credits to realize that it did nothing to change anything over there, we just know more about it and have a graphic imagery of what goes on.....

I think that's why i feel so damn helpless. To know the book is banned says that they don't want Sharia law to be changed. It works for them. 2 people is all you need to stone a woman to death. 2 people! One who doesn't want to be married to her anymore and another person who has been threatened with his life to vouch for it.

To know your own father would be the first to cast the stones at you, then your husband and then your sons...the process was brutal.

aetherael

Experimental Member
Media
Right next door to hell, near Arizona bay.
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think it seems especially disconcerting because our Western culture is so modernized that such actions seems incredibly foreign to us. It might be worth remembering that countries like that are culturally and socially antiquated by our standards. The ritual of stoning has been around for fucking ever, and it just hasn't been bred out of that society yet.

That said, I'm absolutely not condoning anything; everything about it is disgusting and tragic. It's just weird to me that something that ancient and humanistically reprehensible has endured for so long.

thetramp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It is so painful to watch, there are so many barbaric rituals, traditions and laws that are simply based on ignorance and incomprehension of the past i just don't understand.
And it is always painful to learn about a new one, knowing it is still kept up.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mlle. Rouge, I feel what you feel. It is horrible. I also feel helpless about the plight of women in many countries such as Iran, because of barbaric beliefs like these.

My father has lived, worked, and traveled in the Middle East and he is very well educated about the history and the cultures there. He has told me many horror stories of the things that he has witnessed and he has urged me to never to travel there. He's warned me about things like this.

I couldn't click the link. I just can't watch.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It is amazing how women are treated in certain parts of the world.

I don't do so well on movies based on other's tragedy though. I don't go to any movie like that. Or if I do see a movie like that...I normally will not see it again because of the intense subject matter. I will take your word on it being a illuminating spotlight on that woman's ordeal.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That is why american women should be fucking grateful.
We May be jerks but at least we dont brutally kill you. Usually.

That was inappropriate.

I am not grateful to jerks because they don't throw stones at us. Give me a break.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It was also true.

Had this thread been about person loss I would have left that out but this is a movie (real or not) so im gonna throw that out there.

You are doing a good job of demonstrating being a jerk at least.

Gosh, I don't feel grateful.

See, you looked at this situation and thought, "I look better now because this woman got stoned."

What a jackass.

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think what he meant to say is that we should all appreciate just how much hard work men and women have done to in our part of the world to overcome the uglier side of our natures to create a legal system and society that values things like due process and just outcomes.

We may take it for granted, having grown up with it and having that as our only experience, but such movies demonstrate the struggles that women face in places without such a structure.

Last edited:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
It was also true.

Had this thread been about person loss I would have left that out but this is a movie (real or not) so im gonna throw that out there.

This is a movie based on a REAL WOMAN who died. So fuck you and the horse you rode in on. LADIES, if you read that and were highly offended, report him please!

Gecko, you ride a thin line and think your assholishness is welcome here. Stay the hell off the thread if you don't like it. I bring up a topic where a lady is burried to her chest with her hands tied away from her so she can sit there and have rocks thrown at her head and she bleeds profusely from each stone. Cracking her skull, stones thrown by her very father, son and husband. When she was innocent of the charges. Her female family members weren't even allowed to burry her. She had to be left on the side of a steam so the dogs could eat her remains.

So you know what? You need to stay the fuck off of my thread with your opinions. This wasnt a platform for you to show how smelly you are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Embrace69

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can't watch this. While I appreciate the effort to make people more aware of what goes on in other countries, and to make people aware that this is reality in some parts of the world, I don't think I have the stomach as a woman to look at this.

It makes me enraged at how inhuman societies can be. I can't even imagine why or their reasoning for treating a living being like this regardless of race, sex or what ever. It's about humanity and to be on the losing end, as a woman advocating for such things to stop just isn't really much of an option. Which indeed does make me feel helpless.

I am glad that women aren't treated in such a manner in the U.S. or many other countries, but I am more than overwhelmed to even think about what these women in these countries go through on a daily basis living in fear the way they do.

Last edited:

curiousvirgin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just watched it, just 2 minutes of the brutal deed..and it brought tears to my eyes that any living being should experience such pain.What must those people be made of to see such horror and and not voice out objection, whatever the reason may be no human or animal should be made to face such torture, what cruelty and distortion must lie within their minds to allow them to take part in such a crime. What evil they must breed to take joy in such an event where hate and misery abound. What goes around comes around, Everyone will eventually have to face up to what they've done, how does one answer for participating in something so heinous ...when I see such movies I remember him who is love and truth and pray "God please save us".

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I've seen a lot of real life gore, but that scene was less graphic but much more intense and brutal for me to watch. The character development plays a role in what you can stand to watch like that. I never get grossed out...but that just tore my heart out all at the same time.

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am sorry, madam if this offends you but you exclude your own country from among the violators of women. You may not stone sexually compromised women but the US murders more women and girls than any other country. If your government cared about womanhood worldwide it wouldn't support tyranies like Saudi Arabia.