The Straight Pill

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This was a topic that wandered in and out of one of AOL's forums.

In order to cure that nasty disease, homosexuality, a pill that would make you straight would become available.

Who would take it, and why? If not, why not?

I await your answers.

It's not the stupidity of this notion that offends me...it's the thought of millions of dollars in federal grant money (read: taxpayer funded) that's being used to conduct such "research."

It's fucking infuriating.

B_Artful Dodger

Experimental Member
Media
I dont see how a pill could change a persons sexuality? Do they even nkow what causes people to be straight/bi/gay? If not then how can they target it with a pill and change it?
All sounds a bit of a waste of time really anyway because as far as I'm aware, gay dudes like being gay don't they?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is an entirely legit question, one of prejudice vs. coping skills. I've seen people laugh when called a fag, and I've seen the word make people cry not just because of the word, but the DAILY ridicule that the word is a reminder of. Imagine being a bald cancer patient and somebody yells "Hey baldy!" Some people can handle the baggage that comes with being gay.

If homosexuality were taught in schools (as it should be), NOT implied to be abnormal (since many animals have same-sex relationships) then this wouldn't be an issue. It it were never frowned upon any more than wearing mismatched socks, people wouldn't feel conflicted about it. It homosexuality were never the cause of ridicule and violence, fewer would be ashamed of if.

I've always been comfortable with who I am so this isn't an issue for me, but imagine a a gay 16 year old who's friends constantly call problems gay "My car won't start this is SO gay", "Look at how he walks he's SO gay." Imagine a 45 year old who's parent are pressuring him into marriage with a woman and a traditional family cuz the biological clock is ticking and the neighbors are talking. Or having to live everyday of your life knowing that the religion your parents drilled into your brain insists that your desires will lead to your damnnation.

Imagine a feminine adolescent (who's already outcast at school) feeling lonely and considering going to a gay club, then hearing a news story about a homosexual being tortured, tied to the back of a drug, and left to be picked apart by animals SPECIFICALLY because he was gay. Imagine having a secret that, when told, will probably alienate you from those closest to you.

I don't fault humans for being weak, I pray for them.

Me personally, I'd hate being straight. I could write a book about the sexual frustrations of my straight friends, gay sex is a click away!

Last edited:

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
There is a certain amount of laughter even in the concept on this one. To have a pill such as this be successful the religious right would have to relent on all the research they are trying to prevent. This is a pill that would in essence alter genetics. The religious right does not like pills or even research that alter genetics.

Remember that we are considering the same minds that have said children being born with "Sown's Syndrome" is OK because it is "God's Will", but, now when we talk about elimination of homosexuality through genetic manipulation.....It's OK, because in those eyes homosexuality is far worse than a handicapped child.

There is little doubt that pills which alter genetics will at some time in the future come into being. These in and of themselves are problems because genetics could be manipulated to the advantages of those in power or wanting power over others.

The upside of this kind of research is that it could lead to genes that would prevent many fatal diseases. Cancer, HIV, and many other things could be prevented by a few simple alterations in the cell structure which would prevent the invasion of that cell structure by an attacker.

For a great deal of time to come, this will be speculation. Research into genetic alteration is going to continue worldwide with or without tax dollars. A great deal is already known and those in the section of this group interested in Penis Enlargement have the potential to benefit greatly from that kind of research. At 55 I doubt that I will see anything even resembling this in my lifetime.

I think that the real humor lies in giving religion it's way. We eliminate birth control and we eliminate homosexuality in one fell swoop. The world wide population increase especially in some areas with minimal education will skyrocket the population and world resources to exhaustion in no time at all.

Food for thought..........

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I dont see how a pill could change a persons sexuality? Do they even nkow what causes people to be straight/bi/gay? If not then how can they target it with a pill and change it?
All sounds a bit of a waste of time really anyway because as far as I'm aware, gay dudes like being gay don't they?
Precisely, they don't know what causes homosexual behavior, so how can they create a pill to stop it.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The upside of this kind of research is that it could lead to genes that would prevent many fatal diseases. Cancer, HIV, and many other things could be prevented by a few simple alterations in the cell structure which would prevent the invasion of that cell structure by an attacker.

This is true, but I imagine there'd be more focus on making sure babies were being born blonde and skinny and straight, not disease free.

At 55 I doubt that I will see anything even resembling this in my lifetime.

2 years ago I said the same thing about a black candidate for POTUS.

I think that the real humor lies in giving religion it's way. We eliminate birth control and we eliminate homosexuality in one fell swoop. The world wide population increase especially in some areas with minimal education will skyrocket the population and world resources to exhaustion in no time at all.

Better than pills and condoms, homosexuality is probably the greatest hinderance to us over-populating to the point of riots and crimes committed for the sake of obtaining unaffordable necessities that we'd running out of far past any conceivable rate of production.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Marley-- you make some really good points. Being different is something that many of us experience on an ongoing basis. There is no magic pill for conformity. Conformity is not necessarily a good thing. I wish we put more time and research into therapy and personal empowerment through self-realization and actualization.

I am betting the world would be a much nicer place if most people simply liked themselves more.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well considering there have been reports of a chemical weapon designed to make soldiers gay, I can believe that the idea of a straight pill is something, someone has thought of and would want to make happen.

Personally, I wouldn't take the pill. No offense to straight guys, but from what I hear, they don't get laid much, rarely get blow jobs and they spend a great deal of their time trying to get their friends to JO with them. What's the upside?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well considering there have been reports of a chemical weapon designed to make soldiers gay, I can believe that the idea of a straight pill is something, someone has thought of and would want to make happen.

Personally, I wouldn't take the pill. No offense to straight guys, but from what I hear, they don't get laid much, rarely get blow jobs and they spend a great deal of their time trying to get their friends to JO with them. What's the upside?

LOL. Same reason I wouldn't wanna be straight. Especially that pathetic "wanna jack off?" shit.

D

deleted3782

I would take a straight pill only if there were gay pills too. Then I could switch off and play both sides.

The joys of bisexuality...

That's a misleading half-truth; all it did was release a chemical in the air that made the soldiers incredibly horny, and they would have sex with the nearest person. They would start fucking a female soldier if she happened to be right next to them. It didn't change their sexuality.

Exwhysee releases sex-bomb in the LPSG chat and watches everyone get super horny...just like every other day here. :biggrin1: