The Straight Pill

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Marley-- you make some really good points. Being different is something that many of us experience on an ongoing basis. There is no magic pill for conformity. Conformity is not necessarily a good thing. I wish we put more time and research into therapy and personal empowerment through self-realization and actualization.

I am betting the world would be a much nicer place if most people simply liked themselves more.

Well said, Lex.

I devote my life to this pursuit personally and professionally. This is the hill I would die on. I believe we need to make mental health a greater priority in this country. There are too many people walking around miserable in this world.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
That's a misleading half-truth; all it did was release a chemical in the air that made the soldiers incredibly horny, and they would have sex with the nearest person. They would start fucking a female soldier if she happened to be right next to them. It didn't change their sexuality.

I refer you to this:

Pentagon planned love bomb - Telegraph

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Marley-- you make some really good points. Being different is something that many of us experience on an ongoing basis. There is no magic pill for conformity. Conformity is not necessarily a good thing. I wish we put more time and research into therapy and personal empowerment through self-realization and actualization.

I am betting the world would be a much nicer place if most people simply liked themselves more.
Let's make some pills to cure other nasty ailments. I'm all for a perfect world where nobody's left-handed. Or short. Or has too much body hair. Or is black. Or laughs too loud. Or likes to sing. Or has a mental handicap, like the wrong political or religious outlook. It won't be too long 'til we find something wrong and shameful about everybody, no?

Almost everybody, maybe. Somebody has to be completely perfect, so he can sit at the top of the tree and have everyone compare themselves to him. Brad Pitt, maybe? Except he's getting a bit old. But there'll be a pill for that soon, won't there? If you can afford it.

Yes, let's make the pills fabulously expensive, so that anybody who is caught being gay will have the stigma of BOTH poverty and perversion. That'll keep the lower orders quiet!

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I recently saw a movie about this - there's a gay guy who takes part in a clinical study to test a "straight pill"...

I didn't see the whole thing, but the pill definitely wasn't the answer he was looking for...

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Many years back a SF writer wrote a story about a medicine that would cure all diseases, but no one wanted to take it because it made your skin turn black.

Some side effect.

The side effect of a straight pill (or its idea) is to render your life experiences as wrong and useless. That's the whole evil of it.

The thread dealing with the end of the X-MEN movie, where Rogue is given a pill to cure her of her condition, was a variation of this one. Unlike the others who have powers that can be useful, her ability cripples her ability to be a whole person.

In the realm of the larger world people forget diversity is also sexual. The dishonesty promoted by religion towards our bodies creates too many lies.