The Strange Case

Discussion in 'Fictitious Stories' started by BigNThinkKev, Sep 27, 2007.

1. BigNThinkKev

BigNThinkKev Member

It was John’s last year in law school and John was glad of it. The last couple of years studying law had been nothing like is previous collegiate experiences. During his undergraduate studies, he was consistently invited to parties and had even been known to go home with a couple of girls. The contrarian nature of his law studies had meant that he had gone from a big-man-on-campus to being a virtual virgin. Law students at his university were generally referred to around campus as Tyrrian Virgins, after the Norse god of Justice: Tyr.

John was doubly damned in his collegiate celibacy by rooming with his cousin Richard. Richard was a player. No other word quite captured the personality and essence of Richard. Every night Richard took a beauty to bed. The rumor around campus was that Richard was well endowed. He had naught but to display his manhood and women became putty in his hands. Nonetheless, John found that the women that Richard brought home were no more than vapid, clueless, eye candy without a hint of independent thought.

John had seen Richard without clothes on couple of occasions and never could understand how anyone could describe Richard as anymore than ordinary. Richard was maybe a quarter inch longer that John flaccid and John’s erect length of seven and three quarter inches was nothing to sneer at. John sometimes wondered if Richard slipped something into his ‘dates’ drinks to make them more susceptible to his advances. If he did John new it worked, having the evidence in the next room night after night.

John and Richard shared a corner suite; the most envied suite on their floor. Their suite consisted of two larger than standard rooms and one full bathroom with shower. The rooms were each large enough to encompass a full size bed, study area, lounge, and kitchenette. The standard rooms on the floor only had room for a twin bed slash study area with the bed being on top of the study area. They were also double occupancy and had to share a communal bathroom at the end of the hall.

Sometimes John wished that his roommate would take the concept of privacy to heart. Richard’s conquests would invariably call his name and moan loudly during their nighttime ‘activities’. It was also a very interesting coincidence that Richard’s loudness only seemed to occur during John’s study times. Richard would vehemently deny any intentional wrongdoing even though John always thought Richard was suppressing a grin like the Cheshire cat.

John had just finished re-reading his redacted notes on the lecture Dr. Cornwallis had given earlier that week on the concept of ‘Stare Decisis’, when Richard rudely barged into his room without knocking.

“John. Dude, you won’t believe what I just heard!”

“What?” said John without looking up from his notes, “Did you actually go to class today?”

“No, dude. Better than that. You know that girl Christy?”

John ignored Richard and make a large production out of marking up another page of notes.

“You know. Christy,” stress Richard as if just the name should concoct a perfect recollection from John.

John turned away from Richard and tried to reread the last paragraph of his notes. Richard not dissuaded crossed the room in three big strides and plucked the notes out of John’s hand.

“Now do I have your attention, Mr. Study-king!”

“Good one. Did you come up with that yourself or did Ryan help you ponder it all day.”

“Ha, ha. Very funny,” said Richard in his imitation of a spoiled little boy. “As I was saying, d’you know Christy. You know from the third window on the right. The huge cock tease.” Richard turned John’s head to look out the window and stooped so that their heads were right next to each other. They looked out their window across to the women’s dormitory.

“Huh?”

“She changes her clothes in full view, sometimes getting completely naked. Then she struts around campus as if her shit don’t stink. But, she won’t give any of the guys on campus the time of day.”

“Nope. Don’t know her. You know I don’t spend a lot of time outside of the library or my room or the classrooms.”

“Sorry, I forgot how much of a loser you are.”

“Anyways. Dude, they think she got raped.”

“You’re kidding?! Is she okay?”

“Don’t know. Stan, you know that guy that rooms with Ryan, he works at the clinic. He saw her brought in last night. Apparently, she was stumbling badly and couldn’t walk. She also had blood on the front of her skirt. Ryan said Stan said that the doctor’s couldn’t get anything out of her, except a name, ‘Mr. Hung’ and that she had met him at Quincy’s. She kept looking around and asking where he was and where he had gone. Then she closed her eyes and nothing else.”

“I don’t know whether to vomit or laugh. The guy who supposedly raped her was named Mr. Hung. It was definitely interesting that she would ask after her rapist. I’ll have to ask Dr. Rothschild if that is normal. In the meantime, I’m going to go back to studying if you don’t mind,” said John as he snatched back his notes from Richard.

“I kind think she had is coming, being a cock tease and all. If she had just got herself a boyfriend to give it to her she wouldn’t be in this mess.”

“OUT! You sick, perverted son-of-a-bitch! No woman deserves to be violated against her will!” John screamed, rising suddenly with uncontainable rage. He moved towards Richard and physically ejected him into the common bathroom. “And, don’t even try to defend that comment. If you come back in here today, I’ll kick your ass so hard you’ll think it had always hurt.”

John moved a chair in front of the bathroom door to barricade himself inside and paced his room. Damn, fucking Richard, now he would get no studying done the rest of the day.

After he had paced until his legs were sore, he resolved to solve the riddle of Mr. Hung.

2. jakethesnake

jakethesnake Member

Interesting start...but not going to catch many readers if you don't have any payoff to the story. So, I expect more...it be interesting of John had to compromise his celibacy in order to work his way into the social groups that would allow him to truly investigate this case.

I think it would've been more interesting from a girls pov to figure it out and have to try and sleep with many guys in order to find the Mr. Hung...possibly could be a friend of John's.

Anyway, good luck with the story and I hope to see it progress more.

3. BigNThinkKev

BigNThinkKev Member

John decided the next morning that Christy’s ordeal had to be investigated and that he should be the investigator. He realized that once he had his law license he might have to do some private investigation on his own. Gathering up his flipbook and a pen John decided to skip his study group and head down to the campus infirmary to interview Christy and offer his services.

It was a beautiful morning. The birds were chirping. The sun was shining. It was green and serene in the quad between buildings. John did not notice any of it. He was milling Richard’s story over and over in his mind, trying to deduce was really happened. Additionally, John was creating a list of questions to ask Christy: Height? Weight? Hair color? Eye color? Distinguishing features? Types of clothes? Before he knew it, he had crossed the quad and was standing in front of the infirmary. After flirting a little with the student nurse on duty John was able to enter Christy’s room. As he entered, he could hear Christy mumbling.

“Oh … please … no … Mr. Hung … big …”

As John got closer, he noticed that that Christy was squirming in the hospital bed. Twisting on her back and rotating her pelvis in circles one way then the other. Her eyes were closed and her hands seemed possessed of their own free will, moving over her body. They started down her sides, sliding over the hospital gown, the entire time rubbing as if massaging. As the hands moved up over her abdomen, they pushed down the bed sheet and lifted the gown revealing a pair of white panties. John noticed immediately that the panties were soaked through and through, but it did not look as if she had “wet” herself. Just then she began to mumble again.

“Oh … so good … hurts … oh, so good … Mr. Hung … oh Eddie Hung … stop … or I’m gonna … aahhhh …”

Christy then fell silent. Her bodily gyration ceased. She rolled on to her left side, away from John. She curled her knees to chest, which John noticed was bra-less, and started to sob. John started thrice to ask her questions, but every time he opened his mouth, nothing came out. Frustrated he jotted down the name of the man he had to find: Eddie Hung.

-------------------------------------

John decided to attend his will writing seminar in the afternoon as planned. Unfortunately, the classroom was changed to one at the lower campus across High Street. John jogged down the walkway and came to High Street in the middle of some sort of funeral procession. He kicked himself for not showing up earlier to the seminar classroom, but he was pre-occupied in the library looking up rape cases and rape reactions.

It took a full fifteen minutes for the procession to pass and the seminar was in full swing by the time John got inside the room. He noticed a couple of his buddies from Dr. Kepler’s civil law class and took a seat near them.

“So, did I miss anything good,” asked John?

“Nah,” replied one of his buddies, “Henry Schmeckle was just reading his completed will to class. It is kinda funny, though. Henry is leaving all of his possessions, including his trust fund, to a guy named Edward Hung.”

John was speechless. He just stared at Henry. He knew Henry well. They were in the same undergraduate class and had attended the same high school. Henry’s parents had died his senior year in High School in a car accident. Unfortunately, Henry was not eighteen and had to petition the court to be emancipated; or go to a group home.

Henry was one of the most brilliant guys John knew. He filled out his petition to the court all by himself and executed his parent’s will as if he knew exactly what he was doing. The only caveat on the estate of his late parents was imposed by the judge. Henry had to place his family’s estate in trust until he had completed his college education. At the time of their death Henry’s parents were worth 17.5 million dollars each. Henry guarded that money like nothing else he owned. It was a monument to his parents and his love for them. He would never give the money away to anyone. He had once talked for hours about the different charities the money would go to in the event of his death. John knew something was wrong. Every one acted strange where Edward Hung was concerned. John made some notes in his flipbook and decided that he was going to have a little chat with Henry after class.

4. reallyhot

Gold Member

Albums:
    Keep it going, intriguing...so far.

5. BigNThinkKev

BigNThinkKev Member

John watched Henry the entire class almost to the exclusion of the other students. At first, Henry seemed calm and collected. He took notes on his yellow lined legal pad and highlighted parts of the will writing textbook. As the class continued, Henry became agitated and began to scratch his forearms every couple of minutes. He then began to cross and uncross his legs as if he could not find a comfortable position. As the class neared the end, Henry abruptly stuffed his legal pad and textbook into his brown leather school bag and headed for the door. John followed.

As they reached the exit, John called out to Henry.

“Hey Henry, wait up!”

“Huh? … Oh, hi John. Ah … what did … did you … y-y-you … say something,” stuttered Henry nervously. He made a gesture to look at his non-existent right wrist watch, indicating that he was running late or needed to know the time.

“Yeah. In class were you actually readying you real will? I mean you’d said all that stuff about charities before.”

“John, I … I don’t know what to tell you. Um … yes that … w-was … my real will. I am going to leave everything t-to my g-g-good friend Edward Hung.” Henry moved to leave as if his last statement had ended the conversation. John reached out and grabbed Henry’s left wrist and turned him back toward the conversation.

“Henry, come on. I’ve known you for years and you’ve never mentioned this Edward guy before. Who is he?”

“Just because you’ve never met Edward is no reason to assume that he is not a good friend of mine. I’ve known Edward all of my life.” Henry’s itches seemed to magnify themselves instantly and he began to shift his weight back and forth between his left and right feet.

“Oh yeah. If you know Edward Hung so well, then tell me why he raped Christy Evers.”

Henry shook his head as if trying to remember something. “John, he did not rape anyone. I was there. Christy came on to him, quite forcefully! She tried to unzip his pants. She tried to have sex with him right there in Quincy’s. Edward realized she was drunk and offered to walk her home. I finished my drink and then went home. I have full confident t-t-that Edward did exactly that and went home.”

John was speechless. He has just accused a man he did not even know. Dr. Johnson, his evidence and trial professor would be very disappointed in him. He really needed more evidence so that he could convince Henry not to give away his fortune to ‘Mr. Hung’. John decided he needed to back paddle. “Sorry, Henry. I don’t know what came over me.”

Henry nodded in acknowledgement of the apology and turned to leave. He walked briskly away from John towards the Gale Center for the Sciences. Just before he rounded the corner, John saw Henry take what looked like a test tube out of his bag, pull the stopper out, and drink the contents. John made notes in his flipbook about what Henry had said and headed for Quincy’s.

6. BigNThinkKev

BigNThinkKev Member

Just to keep everyone informed: this is a mystery story as well as a sex based story. As you can tell John is the detective character. I am following an outline from for adapting a mystery that I learned in my creative righting class. Unfortunately, I am still on the main character development step. As soon as I can I will get to the next step which will allow me to elaborate on the sex part of the story.

Thanks for continuing to check back on my story.

P.S. See if you can guess the original piece of fiction I am adapting to a sex mystery as I continue.

7. jakethesnake

jakethesnake Member

My guess at this point would be...
    Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde?

8. mattador

mattador New Member

heart of darkness!

9. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    yah seems like Jekyll & Hyde to me to

Draft saved Draft deleted