Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I hear people talk about meeting someone in the bookstore or the produce section or just out for a walk and the whole concept seems completely impossible to me.

Practically every day I'll see some guy I wouldn't mind getting to know but the best I could do is say hi and about all that'll get is a hi in return. That's that, probably never see him again. Not really even worth the breath it took to say hi.

When you meet an attractive guy at random how can you go about finding out if he's gay and then if the attraction is mutual? How can you approach him without seeming like a creep? Or is it just more realistic to stick with gay bars/clubs (which I've never tried) and the internet (which I'm completely unsuccessful with)?

D_Jerry_Atric

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's called bidar/gaydar and cruising! <g>

I do not have sex with random bisexual/gay men who I meet in the street or other places but I can easily tell if a guy is bisexual or gay and interested in me, flirting with me, or if we're just being friendly.

BlackIsKingSize

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I've never had that ability. Is it something you develop by spending enough time around gay/bi guys or is it an innate sense you either have or don't? And I'm not interested in having sex with random people just figuring out how to get to know people to make friends and hopefully a relationship with one of them down the line. But saying hi to random people doesn't seem to lead to conversation or anything, just them saying hi back (if that) and continuing on their way.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am in the same boat here. I don't know how to hook up with the guy whom I really love. Need advice too.

Last edited:

latinvoyeur78

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I would say that we all have this gaydar but some have it more acute than others. It is all about the body language. Pay attention to everything, the look in his eyes, a smile, the hands... it might seem very complex but I have developed this ability to know when a guy is interested in me. Last week I was in a gay bar, and obviously there were no doubts about his sexyality. He kept looking at me in a discrete way. I found him very attractive too and I could feel the sexual tension floating in the air. Finally I got the nerve to talk to him and it worked. However I would say it is easier in the street.
There is the direct eye contact, the immediate mutual recognizing, the "I-know-you-are-gay/bi-too", the "I-find-you-attractive" glance, and then it´s up to you to develop a good approach. If he is constantly looking at you, then it´s obvious you have him already, just go ahead and make some small talk and voilá!.