The Successful Temper Tantrum of the "right"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_VinylBoy, Nov 3, 2010.

1. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I know this is gonna start some trouble around here...
    But after the midterm elections, I think it's something that should be read by all and addressed. Tim Wise rustles up the masses again and doesn't hold back one bit.

Remember now... I didn't write this. You have grievance with what is said in this poem? Take it up with the creator and not me. That is my one and only warning.

Tim Wise

2. Speculator

Speculator New Member

I thought the British left were bad when it comes to getting on their moral high horse, but that guy takes the biscuit!

Thank God the Tea Party movement is growing, it may counter the obsession of worshipping false idols.

3. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

Come to think of it, the Tea Party reminds me of that disgusting old cunt, Margaret Thatcher.

4. dandelion

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ah say what you like about maggie, she did put up taxes to balance the books. Will the new republicans do this? (Hint:VAT, tax on goods)

5. Speculator

Speculator New Member

Ahh leftists, where would they be without hate? :cool:

The only issue I have with Thatcher is that she wasn't pro business enough, when push came to shove she was prepared to sacrifice the economy upon the alter of high house prices.

She paid the price though, it cost her her job.

6. 1kmb1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    its really not that big of a deal, its not like the dems were even using the house majority. i mean seriously, your party has majority and you still have to cut deals to get shit done? sounds like a bunch of assholes got voted out to me.

yeah, its a victory for the gop. but did anyone honestly expect the dems to hold on to 257 seats forever?

7. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

excuse me while I scratch my balls, and yawn

8. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Really? You think the movement is "growing" when the majority of candidates that were Teapublicans actually lost last night? Are we talking ideologically or reality here because the numbers don't add up?

After the campaigns & rhetoric ran by several Teapublicans which harbored such extreme views that went against the rights of women and minorities, saying that the left thrives on hate is ridiculous. Keep in mind, Harry Reid won his seat back in Nevada even though his approval rating at one point was under 30% in a state with the highest unemployment in the country. Just how hateful (and pathetic) the opposition would have to be in order to lose under those circumstances?

#8 B_VinylBoy, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  9. houtx48

Gold Member

Sarah Palin endorsement = KISS OF DEATH.

10. lurker37160

lurker37160 Member

Tim is more bitter than most.

11. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Actually, he's more factual than most. Feels a bit different when it's not the minority voicing the struggles of minorities in this country, doesn't it? So why not discuss the issues raised in the piece instead of name calling? Or should I do that for him because you know I just LOVE doing that? :rolleyes:

12. NumberTwentySix

NumberTwentySix New Member

I feel bad for that guy. Nobody should go through life being that angry and bitter.

13. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

With the money he's making with public speaking and the sale of books, I doubt the man is that angry and bitter. Again, discuss the issues. Kinda funny how every time I post something written and spoken from Tim Wise, the only responses that generate from the opposition is that he's "bitter"... or "angry". Is that the best anyone of you can do?

14. Speculator

Speculator New Member

Maths isn't your strong point I take it. A movement that started just two years ago now holds 3 seats in the senate, and this doesn't count as "growth" to you because they lost a couple of other seats that they should have won?

Sorry, but whatever way you measure it they've grown.

15. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Two years and all that corporately funded angst and this was the best they could do? Three seats in the Senate, running as Republicans because they knew truly running as a real party would have been political suicide. Don't even play yourself out here. The taking over of the House was inevitable, but without the Senate you still have the threat of blatant obstructionism looming over your heads. Advantage - NOBODY.

None of the Teahadists ran under their supposed party label beyond the pandered lip service they gave to the easily duped. Old-time Conservatives were successful in taking a cow chip and shaping it into a brownie. Meanwhile you're still chewing it and pretending that it tastes good. Trying to propagate what happened last night to some kind of growth is like looking at the first sprout of a new seedling and comparing it to a redwood. The "Tea Party" was never a political movement... it was the clever repackaging of outdated, pre-existing Conservative views and it worked like a charm among the clueless who thought it was about "excessive spending" and "limited government". Anyone with a brain knew this as soon as they opened their mouths.

The same way Obama had these strong, ideological views in 2008 about bipartisanship, these so-called Teapublicans have their own... and once they run into the machine that is Congress they'll soon see how much more difficult for them to get their voices heard. Three new hard-right politicians in a Senate with no super majority won't change a thing. What happens with people like Rand Paul when our congress is forced to look at the possibility of raising the financial cap of the deficit? Does he believe the rhetoric he's spewed about "excessive spending" or does he do what every other Republican has done in recent memory and "fall in line"? And that's just the beginning of the shit storm we're about to experience.

Seems as if my math goes way beyond your simplistic arithmetic of 3>0. Too bad it's going to take two more years for you to figure it all out. Now if you're done playing the cheerleader of the ignorant, can you kindly address the thread topic?

#15 B_VinylBoy, Nov 3, 2010
  16. NumberTwentySix

Discuss the issues? What issues? All I got was that the dude doesn't like Leave it to Beaver re-runs and he wishes more horror movie franchises wouldn't go on for so many iterations. That, and he notes brown people are becoming a larger demographic and that republicans should be worried about it. Why they should be worried, I'm not sure, it's not like skin color predetermines one's stance on the issues. I'm not a huge LtB fan, but I don't see the harm in keeping it around, there's certainly enough space on the airwaves. I totally agree with him about Freddy, Jason et. al. though, horror movies shouldn't make so many sequels.

17. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Apparently, reading between the lines is not your strong suit.
    And right now, I don't feel like explaining it to you. Try again. :rolleyes:

18. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

seem like only gay men on here that are not happy the Republican won.:confused:

19. NumberTwentySix

How about you post a topic and take a position on it rather than expecting everyone else to read your damn mind? Or was the topic just an excuse for you to be rude and troll new members?

20. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Your use of the "confused" icon in the following statement is irony on such hysterical levels. Seriously, you have no idea. And BTW, Tim Wise is straight.

And this is coming from someone whose only contribution to the thread before being called on it is that the writer is "angry and bitter". Seriously, you don't want to play that game. Given my post history around here, it's more than apparent what my stance is on this piece. If you're a newbie, do some damn research before bitching about someone being a troll. So sorry if I'm not going to be the forum samaritan, hold your hand throughout this thread and explain everything letter by letter.

#20 B_VinylBoy, Nov 3, 2010
Draft saved Draft deleted