The summer concert thread

circumstances

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The music threads are some of my favorites, so that being the case - summertime is here and that is traditionally concert season around these parts. So, who have you seen recently, who would you like to see, and who do you plan to see? Please post anything else concert related in your lives coming up in the next several months.

As for me, I saw Muse open for My Chemical Romance last month. I also saw Bloc Party last month. I am seeing Rush (for the 26th time) tomorrow night (Friday June 15th). I am flying to NYC to see Muse headlining at Madison Square Garden on August 6th. I am seeing the Projekt Revolution Tour: Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, Taking Back Sunday, Placebo, Saosin, Him, Julien-K, et. al. on August 10th. I am flying to Toronto to see Rush (for the 27th and 28th times) on September 19th then on the 22nd.

There are other possibilities still in the planning stages, these are just the shows I've seen or that I'm already booked for. So, let's hear it, folks :biggrin1:

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm going to Glastonbury Festival next weekend.There are too many bands to mention but I'm not going to miss The Arcade Fire,Tunng and Spiritualized.I'll probably see The Who and The Stooges.
I just hope it doesen't rain like it's done all day today.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hear arcade fire is awesome live. I'm envious. Enjoy the show.
I've seen them twice before and I can't recommend them too highly,an excellent live band.I just remembered Bloc Party are also playing Glastonbury so I expect we'll see them as well.

circumstances

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've seen them twice before and I can't recommend them too highly,an excellent live band.I just remembered Bloc Party are also playing Glastonbury so I expect we'll see them as well.

don't miss bloc party. they played virtually all of silent alarm and weekend in the city. simply amazing live.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm hoping someday to get to the Austin City Limits Festival in Austin, TX. I live fairly close to there, and they usually have some really good performers there every year. I don't know who is going to be there this year though. My financial situation is not good anyway.

circumstances

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i just checked it out. a really good friend of mine owns a music studio and is a professional musician in austin. i've never been there and i've been wanting to go.

the festival is september 14-16. the lineup is incredible:

bob dylan, bjork, arctic monkeys, muse, arcade fire, bloc party, the white stripes, the killers, wilco, my morning jacket, queens of the stone age, damien rice, spoon, amy winehouse, the kaiser chiefs, the decemberists, yo la tengo, and like 50 more acts.

i'm going to look into attending this year. thanks for mentioning it, whatireallywant.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm just getting ready for my Glastonbury mudbath. :rolleyes: I'll report back on Monday - if I can remember any of it! :smile:

Friday is expected to be a smilar day to Thursday with spells of sunshine broken up by heavy showers. With very light winds on Friday there is a chance that any showers which fall could last for quite some time. (But looking on the brighter side, the sunshine - when it appears - should last for some time.)
Over the weekend it is expected to remain showery but it will also turn cooler with temperatures of 17 or 18 degrees by day, and as low as 7 or 8 degrees overnight.
So be prepared for wet conditions but do not forget to take a suitable sunscreen because you will get some sunshine down in the Somerset countryside.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i just checked it out. a really good friend of mine owns a music studio and is a professional musician in austin. i've never been there and i've been wanting to go.

the festival is september 14-16. the lineup is incredible:

bob dylan, bjork, arctic monkeys, muse, arcade fire, bloc party, the white stripes, the killers, wilco, my morning jacket, queens of the stone age, damien rice, spoon, amy winehouse, the kaiser chiefs, the decemberists, yo la tengo, and like 50 more acts.

i'm going to look into attending this year. thanks for mentioning it, whatireallywant.

OOH!!! Some of my favorites there! Now I need money!

rubberwilli

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you get a chance to see "Powder" do it! I really can't say enough about them. Power, Punk, Pop, Performance Art Rock Band. They'll be at the halsted Street Festival, the huge street festival in Chicago.

I'm going to see Brian Stokes Mitchel at Ravinia on July 9, and of course there many of the free concerts at the Grant Park Music Festival.

Chicago truly is a great place to live for live music.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll be setting off to Leeds Festival in a few hours from now.Friday night main stage headliners are The Smashing Pumpkins preceded by Nine Inch Nails,I haven't seen either of them live before.
Over the weekend I'll be seeing Arcade Fire (again!),Interpol,Bloc Party,Kings Of Leon,Albert Hammond Jr.,We Are Scientists,UNKLE, and many more.
The weather forecast is continuous sunshine. :smile:
Here's the poster of the full line up...

Attachments

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had a great weekend in the sun (with no injuries!).I've spent much of my internet time catching up with BBC coverage this week because it goes offline on Sept 3rd.
I don't think any of it can be viewed outside the UK but some of the Reading Festival performances can be downloaded here :
Interpol (my favourites of the weekend) RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Kings Of Leon RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Enter Shikari RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Maximo Park (not keen on 'em myself) RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

The ones I've watched last around 30 minutes each.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's that time of year again! :cool:
In 11 hours time I'll be on my way to Glastonbury once again.It looks like another great one is in store.
Glastonbury Festivals - Line-Up

I've seen over 30 bands so far this year.Highlights have been Magazine,Yeah Yeah Yeahs,PJ Harvey & John Parish,Tunng & Tinariwen,iLiKETRAiNS and Future Of The Left.
Plenty more highlights to come in the next few days no doubt.