The summer concert thread

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
PBS did a great job bringing Il Divo (I would say live at the Greek, but it was a rebroadcast) into my living room. No traffic, free concert series. Anyway Public Radio Echoes is enough for me to keep me happy and content.

D_Kissimmee Coldsore

Experimental Member
Media
I hate to say it, but Glasto really has become the middle-aged festival (not a slur against you, Yorkie!). With the ticket prices and the fact that Springsteen, Young etc are headlining. Just look at the Pyramid stage on Sunday!

I'm going to T in the Park in a few weeks, should be quite good. I think next year Rockness will win over though, it's become a much better festival.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hate to say it, but Glasto really has become the middle-aged festival (not a slur against you, Yorkie!). With the ticket prices and the fact that Springsteen, Young etc are headlining. Just look at the Pyramid stage on Sunday!

I'm going to T in the Park in a few weeks, should be quite good. I think next year Rockness will win over though, it's become a much better festival.
You've made the schoolboy error of judging the worlds biggest festival on a few old-timers on the Pyramid stage!
If you saw the tv coverage then you'll know that all the other stages were full of young acts - a lot of them also playing at T (hope you had a good time there).I had a great time,if I was choosing just one highlight I think I'd say The Dead Weather.I think this is Jack White's best band yet.
I'll be on my way to Latitude this afternoon.The main stage isn't outstanding apart from Nick Cave,the Thom Yorke solo set should be interesting too.There's enough going on elsewhere to make it worth the trip.
The weather prophet reckons it's going to pour down all day on Friday.I could do without that. :frown1:

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
The best fetival in the whole world, I'm not telling a lie, it has won 4 times the "Arthur Award for best festival" from the International Live Music Conference.But the edition from this year is over, but here you can see who came: Rock Werchter :: Home and I hope you decide to come next year, because it is a great experience.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The best fetival in the whole world, I'm not telling a lie, it has won 4 times the "Arthur Award for best festival" from the International Live Music Conference.But the edition from this year is over, but here you can see who came: Rock Werchter :: Home and I hope you decide to come next year, because it is a great experience.
I think we have the most expensive passports in the world.The cost of renewal added to tickets and travel puts me off going abroad.
I'll be setting off to Leeds Festival in about 7 hours.Time to get some sleep!

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thread resurrection time again.
I've already had an outdoor show this year.I saw Ian Brown in Manchester a couple of weeks ago.It was OK but I didn't enjoy being in a queue for over an hour to get through the one entrance.I won't go to Platt Fields again in a hurry.
I'l be setting off to Glastonbury again this morning.It looks like we're in for a scorching weekend. :cool:
I'll be back on Monday night.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've already had an outdoor show this year.I saw Ian Brown in Manchester a couple of weeks ago.It was OK but I didn't enjoy being in a queue for over an hour to get through the one entrance.I won't go to Platt Fields again in a hurry.
I'l be setting off to Glastonbury again this morning.It looks like we're in for a scorching weekend. :cool:
Yorkie, you are a lucky man indeed. What's the line up for Glastonbury?

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yorkie, you are a lucky man indeed. What's the line up for Glastonbury?
Hi Mr. S!
It's a great line-up as always.I haven't decided exactly who I'll be watching over the weekend but I think I'll be ending Sunday night with Julian Casablancas followed by Stevie Wonder.
The full line-up is here :

Glastonbury Festivals - Line-up

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi Mr. S!
It's a great line-up as always.I haven't decided exactly who I'll be watching over the weekend but I think I'll be ending Sunday night with Julian Casablancas followed by Stevie Wonder.
The full line-up is here :

Glastonbury Festivals - Line-up
Some great names on that bill. Have fun. I would love to see Stevie Wonder.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As always, take pics. :hug:
Although I can't believe Richard Ashcroft won't be there :09:, it looks good! I would definitely have a tough time choosing between a few acts and do not envy you that, Yorkster.

I know we are seeing Rush twice, someone else, and Roger Waters, but I think we will be able to fit in a few more. Maybe Phish and Water Taxi Beach? But I want it to be outside and that's difficult to find here. :(