The Talk- Sex Education

D_Judith K Rantz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Coming from a conservative family - my dad doesn't like to talk about anything 'intimate' (women's issues, sex etc.), so when I was around 13 my mom said wait for marriage. But that if I didn't to use a condom, birth control and lie to them about where I'm going, who I'm with and what I'm doing... Oh and if I needed birth control she would take me. That was about it :shrug:

My OBGYN gave me a peptalk when I first saw her at 17. She's young, nice and quite pretty so it wasn't very awkward. The rest I learned by self-educating and doing my own research.

Last edited:

bobg4400

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
sex advice to your Mom :blink:

your family is really close, huh?

eta on topic:

my family has midwives, dulas and such... so the how, the why and the basic way was never a mystery.

my dad still thought to set me down for the talk.. which is adorable cuz my dad is pretty much a redneck Conan. big ass, hard ass country man *hugs* watching him start to stammer about sex, not getting pregnant, not letting a guy pressure me..

i finally as to say "dad, i wasn't joking when i told you i was gay... i kinda thought you knew that"
Dad: i was hoping so. *awkward silence* avoid crazy women.
ML: you shouldn't talk about Mom like that
Dad: i'm not talking about your mother!
ML: sure, Dad.. i believe you.
*hugs followed by auto repair and letting me have some of his *a* beer*

While I was reading it I was hoping you were gonna say you came out to your dad while he was giving you the talk :biggrin1:

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I never had to sit through "the talk" because my mum was a nurse and believed in answering our questions honestly and frankly. On top of that, I grew up in a farming community, so I knew pretty much all I needed to.

B_BronzeEagle86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's funny to me to here my american friends talk about getting the talk in their teen years. My parents had a very nonchalant attitude about it I remember seeing naked diagrams of people in the encyclopedia's in our library at the age of four. and talking about those topics all the way through life. There was never a moment we had an official talk because they were always so open about things. When it came to sex it was definitely not taboo.