the taste of cum

happyfeet

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I did a search and I don't see anything specifically on this topic. If it's been done to death, please forgive me. I didn't see.

That said: What does cum/male ejaculate generally taste like?

I have only tasted it from 2 men. Both times, it was disgusting. "I need to vomit now" disgusting. The second guy drank a lot of soda and his cum kinda had a Mountain Dew backtaste to it. I know cum taste can be influenced by the diet of the male, but I wonder if it's normal for cum to taste nasty. (I don't like soda, btw. LOL)

The pre-cum tasted like what I expect pre-cum to taste like (I think maybe that's a more universal taste?), but the cum was just...harsh.

So, is that normal? Is cum usually kinda gross? I love pre-cum. It's so sweet, usually. Sometimes salty, which I don't like. But, the taste isn't unbearable, regardless. I've read that eating pineapples can make the cum taste better, but better than nasty isn't anything to rave about, IMO.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You're right, cum flavor is majorly attributed to what he eats. I've heard that guys that eat more fruits tend to have a more "mild" flavor. I've only had cum from one or two guys that was tolerable to swallow, and even then it didn't exactly taste good. So is it normal? YES! I would say so!

Chrysalis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's an acquired taste -- something I've come to associate with sex and pleasure and therefore crave it.

Over my life I've acquired the taste for many things including a variety of wines and aged cheeses. The first time I tasted these, I'm sure I didn't find them all that appealing. Now I can't get enough of them.

And if I'm tasting cum, I probably just had a lot more fun that I would have if I were tasting cheese. :wink:

Mine tasted somewhat like ammonia,.. bitter, cloudy, ammonia. Things change, and I with them...

Recently it's been sweet and unusually spicy. I still got problems bringing myself to lick it off my hands, considering how caustic it used to taste and how revolting and burning it was,... but when I do now... it's actually somewhat interesting.

Not sure on that, someone who has had it done didn't get many comments, but I'd guess a lack of sperm would impact the flavour spectrum.

My pre-cum has always been highly addictive, and i'm delighted if it's produced in large quantities, but alas... there is rarely enough to go around.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dirtymonkey, normal pre-cum and cum should not have a similar taste or scent. What are you referring to as being pre-cum? It is the clear liquid that some men produce in large enough quantities to have it dripping out, usually very soon after erection, but significantly before an orgasm.

Happyfeet, this has been covered in several threads before, but that's ok. Education is a part of why we're here, right?

It is all about basic reproductive physiology. The vagina is an acidic environment (pH lower than 7). The reasoning is simple: the acidity kills many harmful organisms such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

Unfortunately, an acid environment also kills sperm. The human body can synthesize acids much more easily than bases. In order to protect the sperms from the vaginal acids, semen contains a few compounds which are basic (pH greater than 7) in order to neutralize the acid, and make it possible for the sperms to make that long journey to the egg alive. Low-molecular weight amines are the easiest bases for the body to manufacture. Unfortunately, most of those have a very unpleasant odor and a bitter flavor. They are all somewhat related, chemically, to ammonia. The two most prominent in semen are spermine and spermidine, and they have the characteristic "cum smell." These compounds are not produced by the testes, and also present in the ejaculate of men who have had a vasectomy; so that procedure should not alter the scent or flavor.

(Just an aside, and to give you some idea of my comments about these compounds with unpleasant odors: some others in the same family include piscine (fishy), putrescine, and cadaverine; yes, the names are fairly accurate in describing how they smell, and in fact it is how they got those names)

In a normal, healthy male, diet can (somewhat) influence the scent and flavor, but again, the predominant characteristic scent and flavor are from the spermine and spermidine - no way around that. Cum will always smell and taste like cum. It does vary from one individual to another, but will always be somewhat consistent in any given person.

For what it's worth, I think I must be an anomaly. I'm a gay man, and I really do not like to smell or taste cum. Some acquired tastes can just never be acquired, I guess.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's an acquired taste -- something I've come to associate with sex and pleasure and therefore crave it.

Over my life I've acquired the taste for many things including a variety of wines and aged cheeses. The first time I tasted these, I'm sure I didn't find them all that appealing. Now I can't get enough of them.

And if I'm tasting cum, I probably just had a lot more fun that I would have if I were tasting cheese. :wink:
Yes its an acquired taste. My girlfriend acquired the taste and now she loves it and wants every drop.......:wink: Also i have tasted my cum too. Sometimes we share it

HungUKProfessional

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Past boyfriends have had very different tastes. My first partner's cum tasted absolutely wonderful, quite salty, but really nice. He used to produce gallons of pre-cum too, which tasted equally delicious!. He was really into healthy eating. My last boyfriend had the foulest tasting cum ever - he had a pretty rubbish diet though, which may or may not have contributed - I know that the taste stayed with me for days!

gunit56_17

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have tasted my cum from my wifes pussy... Its a nice taste when mingled with her juices. Had a former partner "snowball" me. It tasted good that way as well. I have never tasted anyone elses so I have no comparison.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Interesting how so many females find the taste of cum disgusting, with men more inclined to find it acceptable or even tasty... go figure !
One thing rather obvious I have observed, particularly in France, is that the flavor of garlic permeates through to cum, in fact to the point of exaggerating the taste of garlic.... whew, now that is unpleasant!!!!!!:rolleyes:

trufitjock

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have tasted my cum from my wifes pussy... Its a nice taste when mingled with her juices. Had a former partner "snowball" me. It tasted good that way as well. I have never tasted anyone elses so I have no comparison.
i am always amazed at some of you '"STRAIGHT GUYS"... eating your own cum.. and knowing terms like "snowballing".. very interesting.. :wink:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Interesting how so many females find the taste of cum disgusting, with men more inclined to find it acceptable or even tasty... go figure !
One thing rather obvious I have observed, particularly in France, is that the flavor of garlic permeates through to cum, in fact to the point of exaggerating the taste of garlic.... whew, now that is unpleasant!!!!!!:rolleyes:
I have found a lot of women like the taste of cum. Its not for everyone and thats cool too. My girfriend drinks every drop.:cool: