• I don't really care

Votes: 16 14.7%

• Total voters

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Q_M, we are firmly ensconced in the Womens Issues forum as we debate this, so let's keep the topic to females. But I must agree, liberation has to include both.

That is why i miss the topless sunbathing in Denmark so much! here, i only see men doing it. :sad:

B_quiet_man

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Q_M, we are firmly ensconced in the Womens Issues forum as we debate this, so let's keep the topic to females. But I must agree, liberation has to include both.

That is why i miss the topless sunbathing in Denmark so much! here, i only see men doing it. :sad:

Yeah, I'm aware that my posts in this thread are beginning to become a tangent. My original comments on the matter of male directed sexually shaming language were actually mentioned only as an aside, however, other people picked the topic up, so I felt compelled to respond.

But anninymouse did say that the term "Slut" can be applied to men, so there is not necessarily a need to keep this topic to females only.

Also it was not indicated in his original post that he intended this discussion was only about the female directed use of the term.

Furthermore, despite this being the "Women's Issues" forum, the sub-title does say "men are free to participate too" (I don't know why this has to be pointed out so often). anninymouse is himself male, of course.

However, I am aware that I have unwittingly brought other sexuality based shaming words into this discussion that were not originally intended, and that is getting off-topic so I'll stop posting about that now, unless somebody else brings the matter up again that raises more questions about it. But I would like to point out that others are also straying from the original post, by bringing in discussion of terms such as "slag", "slapper", "tart" and "cunt"; these terms are actually just as off-topic!

If you want to be correctly pedantic according to the specifications of the original post, we should only be discussing the term "Slut" as it is applied to females and/or males. :scratchchin:

Last edited: