THE Towel Dance....in Locker rooms

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by laser90, Sep 8, 2010.

1. laser90

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    This one goes out to the younger guys. I been involved in sports all my life and still compete. When I was in High School and College we come in after practice strip off and hit the gang shower no muss no fuss. What I see today in the looker room is the younger guys changing under a towel! They will do everything to make sure they slip off their suit with the towel on and try and put on their underpants or pants on without letting the towel fall off. If it does fall down they will drop everything to quickly pick up the towel and hide as if they were tossed outside naked with only a towel!

Compair that to the Russian water polo team who found the men's locker room full, they had no problem walking out on the pool deck and changing right on deck in full view of the stands. When they were told they can't do that...they responded, but we had our backs to the stands so what wrong with it? LOL. Maybe it's just an American thing...

Anybody seen this towel dance too? It really seems strange to go all that effort to "hide" from everyone in a men's locker room.

Is generation next that modest?

Have we somehow made them feel ashamed of their own bodies??

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

3. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Lots of discussions here on this subject, and the answer to your last 2 questions is a resounding, YES :rolleyes:

4. saabman

saabman New Member

Hey bro - i started a thread on this a while ago and i totally agree with the dumb-ass towel dance. they attract more attention to themselves doing the towel dance than if they just dried off and got dressed. just this past saturday - two of my brothers and i hit the showers at my gym after working out. showers are open with no dividers, and there were a total of seven men: different height, different ages, different weights, different cock sizes, all just showering - and this other dude around our age (20's) walks in and showers with his underwear on!!! he literally soaped up and shampooed with his gray boxer briefs on!! Every other man in that shower room just rolled their eyes and shook their head. Sad.

5. D_Baron_VonBiggNutz

D_Baron_VonBiggNutz Account Disabled

Saw that very scenario this evening in the changing room (locker room) at the gym...it's insane and, as has been pointed out, only serves to draw more attention to the guy.

Odd...IMHO.

6. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

The Russian observation/comment also is something common in Prague (most of central Europe actually). Guys just change anywhere! I've even seen guys drop trou is the middle of the mens department to try on a pair of pants! Why go to the fitting room? It's just underwear for heaven's sake!! They try on the pants and then put theirs back on. Cool, huh?

Guys just change. Can be any age too. They just don't seem to think about avoiding anyone's gaze. Add that to the fact that they piss anywhere they want too. It's a great place to live if you like to cock watch! :) Unfortunately, they're starting to put in those damn dividers in the toilets! Damn American culture!

7. laser90

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

OMG...that is toooo sad. mmm unless he was just trying to wash his cloths along with his body....saving time! LOL.

Yeah I just don't get it at all. You are right they do draw more attention doing the towel dance.

in Europe...you can sunbath nude in some parks! In the US we have a few beaches and they try to shut those down!

maybe we should put the towel dance to music? lol

8. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

Never understood it myself.

9. arthurdent

Gold Member

Albums:
    In the UK, "pants" means the same as "underpants", so when you said "pants", I assumed at first that as you are American, you meant what I would call trousers (I assumed "trou" meant that too). Then you clarified it by saying "underwear".

Are you saying that men get bollock naked on the shop floor and try on a pair of the shop's underpants and then take them off again to buy them or perhaps put them back on the shelf for somebody else to buy? So when you buy a pair of underpants, they might have had some other bloke's sweaty arse and bollocks in them? :eek:

Make sure you take enough underpants for the duration of your visit to Prague!

#9 arthurdent, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  10. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

Who gives a fuck? Only pervs need be concerned with this "epidemic".

11. dario92

dario92 New Member

Albums:
    Some guys don’t like being seen naked by other men, some may be shy and some may be concerned about cell phone cameras taking their picture. Personally, I don’t care who sees me getting undressed or showering naked but I do understand why some men do “the towel dance”. I’ve been going to the gym since I was very young and was involved in sports all through high school, so nothing i see in the locker room fazes me.

12. D_Harry_Crax

D_Harry_Crax Account Disabled

13. xmarksbreakdownx

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've never been in a locker room where I had to strip nude. In Middle and high school we would have to chaange from our school clothes to gym clothes. No showeres were allowed for us to use, so we never had to get naked, just down to our underwear. No one had a problem with that. Some guys, very few, wore their basketball shorts under their clothes.

14. joeweekend

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I always, always assume when a guy does the towel dance that he's significantly under-endowed, and is deeply ashamed of his tiny little pecker.

15. laser90

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Swede82 Nice find!!! cool thanks for posting!

16. jasonunlv

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I only wear my shorts in the shower at the gym if, and that is only if I was in the pool. I rinse off with my shorts, but then I take off the shorts and actually wash. I get the strange looks for the shorts until they see I was just rinsing out the chlorine and actually wash naked. I have no problem with who see me. I am not modest at all. I would even change outside.

17. ummmm

ummmm Member

I always assume, that anyone that cares about other people doing the towel dance just wanna perv over other guys in the locker room.:rolleyes:

Ps...I was attempting to be facetious, and make fun of joeweekend's post because it made no sense to me.=P

#17 ummmm, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  18. exwhyzee

Gold Member

I care about it as much as I care about a guy in the locker room dressed up like a giraffe to play basketball. In either case, it looks silly, but if that's what they want to do...have at it.

PS...I only perv over the hot guys. :tongue:

19. maxcok

Gold Member

It's probably that [often false] assumption that accounts for much of the towel dancing.

20. D_Wilburforce Throttlebottom

You know I dislike group nudity as much as anyone in my generation, but seriously I would never do the towel dance. You have to draw the line somewhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted