The Trip to Mexico

Tense0000

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I went to the Mexican Border last year with friends. They had family in Brownsville, Texas.
They wanted to just cross the border and go eat at a BAR at night. The food was amazing but I had to take a piss before we left. It was like close to midnight. As I was pissing in the urinal all my beer away, this 14 year old kid gets to the urinal next to me and pulls out a snub gun and lays it on the urinal. As he starts pissing, I start leaving without even washing my hands and I said lets get the fuck out of here. I was shocked that this punk had a snub gun and he lays it for me to see. Fuck that ! Never going back.

DckHntr_09

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
you are not AT ALL unreasonable. correct me if i'm wrong but they aren't YOUR friends, they are hers. if she feels obligated to go, then she can go and have fun. she shouldn't put you in that predicement just because SHE feels the need to want to go. you go ahead and stand strong on your decision. if she doesn't like it, then oh-the-hell-well. she'll get over it. the make-up sex should be amazing and if she's too upset with you to give in, then i'll fill-in for her and she'll just have to miss out on 12 rounds of "knock out" sex.

let us know how it turns out... the dinner that is. i would love to be the one to tell them that you're not going but they wouldn't like my choice of grammer within that sentence. HA!

enjoy your weekend!

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Golfbuddy wrote:
Let's see -- in the past couple of years 23,000 (!!!!) Mexicans have been killed in uncontrolled gang violence. Many beheaded and tortured. Last weekend, 22 murders occurred within 12 miles of the US border. Tourists have been killed in Acapulco recently. Mexico is a shithole of a country. It's politicians and police are incredibly corrupt. Would I go there for a wedding? Not under any circumstance. If that country ever gets it's act together it would be a nice place to visit and travel in. But that's many years off. And people wonder why Arizona passed that law?
This is an extremely offensive comment, especially given that the violence you deplore (an it is deplorable) is driven by the U.S's. thirst for illegal drugs and U.S. politicians' gut support for the "War on Drugs" as they snort their coke. We have quite a few member form Mexico and wish this guy had been called out sooner.
DJG, I do think you are being reasonable or, rather, that your girlfriend is being unreasonable. They are not your friends and you don't want to go. We need to remember that the U.S. is perceived as an incredibly violent country by many people in other parts of the world. And it is far more violent than most of Europe.
Personally, I would happily but carefully travel to many parts of Mexico and have done so in recent years.
Dave

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
Golfbuddy wrote:
Let's see -- in the past couple of years 23,000 (!!!!) Mexicans have been killed in uncontrolled gang violence. Many beheaded and tortured. Last weekend, 22 murders occurred within 12 miles of the US border. Tourists have been killed in Acapulco recently. Mexico is a shithole of a country. It's politicians and police are incredibly corrupt. Would I go there for a wedding? Not under any circumstance. If that country ever gets it's act together it would be a nice place to visit and travel in. But that's many years off. And people wonder why Arizona passed that law?
This is an extremely offensive comment, especially given that the violence you deplore (an it is deplorable) is driven by the U.S's. thirst for illegal drugs and U.S. politicians' gut support for the "War on Drugs" as they snort their coke. We have quite a few member form Mexico and wish this guy had been called out sooner.
DJG, I do think you are being reasonable or, rather, that your girlfriend is being unreasonable. They are not your friends and you don't want to go. We need to remember that the U.S. is perceived as an incredibly violent country by many people in other parts of the world. And it is far more violent than most of Europe.
Personally, I would happily but carefully travel to many parts of Mexico and have done so in recent years.
Dave

Thank you Dave... The problem with mexico is that it could be a shining jewel. It is full of wonderful resources, a beautiful culture and wonderful people. The problem is that the government is corrupt and tyrannical.
The Drug cartels have bought off the officials and when they can't buy them off they murder them.
I feel terrible for the people of mexico, but they need to stand up.
The phony war on drugs is a joke. I know that we import the drugs from other countries, feed them to our own citizens, get them hooked, then put them in jail. I got it.
However I don't think that Golfbuddy was trying to be offensive to anyone. He is just commenting on what he believes to be true. And I feel he is right.
It is a Shithole of a country, because of the points that I brought up.
It is not the peoples fault. It is the fault of absolute corruption. Is it in any way OUR (Americas) Fault?
No, I don't believe so.
I also think that drugs should be decriminalized completely, and that would cut the head off of the "drug cartels" that are costing so many precious lives across the boarder, and over here.
You can look at Portugal as an example. They decriminalized, and have seen violent crime and drug usage plummet.
But now I am getting off topic.
I appreciate where you are coming from. :)

KidKhaos

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Heya man!
Pffff I got friends in that part of the world that I've visited many times, and they are strongly reccomending me NOT TO GO right now, because of the situation.
Your girl's friends are not really being responsible at all, and it is because of ignorant people like them, that the country is in the situation it is.
If people behaved smarter towards their problems, less people would be killed.

Dunno man, its a very complicated problem that you got there. I would totally keep the money away from my girlfriend if I were you, talk to those shitty friends of her and say a simple NO, I AM NOT RISKING MY KIDS LIFE INTO YOUR WEDDING, FUCK YOU.
Your girl should think twice, if you guys got kids, dammit!

Good luck with that, dude :/

B_biska

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
it really depends on where in mexico you travel, my mother has been to mexico a few times and is a travel agent herself and she loves it there she says everyone is extremely nice, on the other hand why would the hotel refuse to let you leave? that doesn't sound like a very good hotel too me, i wouldn't waste that kind of money to stay in a crappy hotel the whole time.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Even if it was in a safe place I would think it was a total waste of money. Let your gf go if she really wants to, but if you don't want to go yourself it is totally reasonable.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's a "sandles " hotel.

Sandles! Another reason not to go.

You'd be totally isolated from the local culture and making no contribution to the local economy, living 24hrs in naff "luxury" isolation.

And it prides itself on being exclusively heterosexual - no gays allowed.

Hmm, ok, I can see that would appeal so some people. But not my kind of people...

prepky

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i agree....dont go....right now mexico is a ticking time bomb, and as you stated you have kids, and those kids need a dad more than your girlfrind and the girlfriends friend need you in mexico...stay home and take care of those kids!!!!

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
surprised they would want you there with your attitude; but maybe they only put up with you because they like your girlfriend.

rheno

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Ok, this thread is filled with mostly ignorant propaganda. A very important piece of information would be WHERE in Mexico you'd be going. Puerto Vallarta, I see, a world class resort destination, a very popular city for AMERICAN retirees. Would you rather go to the wedding in Phoenix, Az? The only city that has more kidnappings in the WORLD is Mexico City. Kidnapping Capital of the U.S.A. - ABC News

I wouldn't recommend going to a wedding in Juarez, Tecate, Reynosa, Laredo or any other border city. I am a Mexican and wouldn't go. But flying to Puerto Vallarta is quite safe and sound. Take a break from prejudice and google a bit, if you did go, I'm sure you'd have a wonderful time. (although it's retarded that you'd have to pay for the whole trip...)
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, for spring break? US State Department warnings may hurt business

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
have not been in about a year but use to go to mexico city on regular basis have even been mugged there and lot of people i know have, knock wood, pay attention and you should be ok.

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
Ok, this thread is filled with mostly ignorant propaganda. A very important piece of information would be WHERE in Mexico you'd be going. Puerto Vallarta, I see, a world class resort destination, a very popular city for AMERICAN retirees. Would you rather go to the wedding in Phoenix, Az? The only city that has more kidnappings in the WORLD is Mexico City. Kidnapping Capital of the U.S.A. - ABC News

I wouldn't recommend going to a wedding in Juarez, Tecate, Reynosa, Laredo or any other border city. I am a Mexican and wouldn't go. But flying to Puerto Vallarta is quite safe and sound. Take a break from prejudice and google a bit, if you did go, I'm sure you'd have a wonderful time. (although it's retarded that you'd have to pay for the whole trip...)
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, for spring break? US State Department warnings may hurt business

Did you Just call me prejudice?
I have Googled. I have researched.
And I don't feel its safe.
Plus financially it doesn't make sense.