MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well done, though one doesn’t need to live in the United States to think. Unfortunately a lot don’t. Whether I live in the USA or not doesn’t preclude me from having a view nor an interest in the upcoming elections and the future of America.

Your news sources, are still mainly left leaning, but I acknowledge your attempt to have a diverse range of sources.

If you research and come to a different conclusion then no problem with that.

But you picked on me for not quoting (hope you’re satisfied now), yet when someone asked for an explanation from one of the other posters he got told not worth explaining too. Did you call out that poster at all. Perhaps you don’t recognise your bias either.

Perhaps we have more in common that either of us initially thought, eh? ;)

I am a bit perplexed though about your statement that I picked on you for not quoting. I don't see the nexus between this comment and any discussion we've been having. Looks to me like you've been using the quote function here just fine.

And your comments that "hope you're satisfied now" makes me wonder if you see our discussion as some sort of contest? I simply asked you to support what it is you post. With citations and links. Which you did. So thanks again for that.

IMO, discussion and debate is not a contest. It's an opportunity to exchange ideas. Agree to disagree when necessary. Your attempts to assign labels to me and others makes me wonder what your real intent with your posts here?

We don't have to agree to be civil. Or polite.

Claiming me or anyone else to be *whatever*, when you don't know me or them, IMO, tells the reader you're struggling with making your point.

And, how does what one of the other posters did or didn't do in providing an explanation have anything to do with me? Why would, or even better, why should I call out that poster? Not my business. Nor yours for that matter. That's between the two of them.

Have a great rest of your day.

Andyb2

Cherished Member
Media
Perhaps we have more in common that either of us initially thought, eh? ;)

I am a bit perplexed though about your statement that I picked on you for not quoting. I don't see the nexus between this comment and any discussion we've been having. Looks to me like you've been using the quote function here just fine.

And your comments that "hope you're satisfied now" makes me wonder if you see our discussion as some sort of contest? I simply asked you to support what it is you post. With citations and links. Which you did. So thanks again for that.

IMO, discussion and debate is not a contest. It's an opportunity to exchange ideas. Agree to disagree when necessary. Your attempts to assign labels to me and others makes me wonder what your real intent with your posts here?

We don't have to agree to be civil. Or polite.

Claiming me or anyone else to be *whatever*, when you don't know me or them, IMO, tells the reader you're struggling with making your point.

And, how does what one of the other posters did or didn't do in providing an explanation have anything to do with me? Why would, or even better, why should I call out that poster? Not my business. Nor yours for that matter. That's between the two of them.

Have a great rest of your day.

thank you for your reply. I’m sure we can be civil and have robust discussion, agreeing to disagree in areas and perhaps as you mentioned, realising that we do have much in common.

You raise some valid points and look forward to reasonable debate. Many posters here unfortunately are not so reasonable.

enjoy your day also.

Reactions: MisterB

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What do they want? Does anyone even know?
For Trump or anyone to be a Fascist it would mean the removal of our existing democratic system and tossing the constitution in the garbage.
I thought we fought the Nazis in WW2. Then the Communist then Fascism.

See, right back where we started. Your deliberate ignorance was predicted. What we want (there is no "they" - only us) is for police to stop being an invading army, discounting the lives of citizens of color and do their job fairly, valuing the lives of all citizens. It is that simple. Trump is fascist and he is removing existing democratic norms and trashing the constitution. Hello? Are you not paying attention? Back to the wall.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
HITLER IN THE MAKING part 5

AND:

A former senior Border Patrol agent described an elite federal unit deployed by the Trump administration to quell protests in Portland, Oregon, as one of the "the most violent and racist in all law enforcement."

Jenn Budd, who worked at the agency for six years until 2001, described her encounters with the US Border Patrol's unique unit, known as the Border Patrol Tactical Unit, or Bortac, to The Guardian in a story published on Monday.

The specially trained officers are the "biggest guys, like the jocks in a football team," Budd told The Guardian. "They live in tight groups like the Navy Seals, spending their time in military-style training," she said.

Budd added: "They don't exist within the realm of civilian law enforcement. They view people they encounter in the military sense as enemy combatants, meaning they have virtually no rights."

"They don't do normal vehicle stops. They will rip drivers from their seat, throw him against the side, put him in handcuffs — the same tactics you are now seeing Bortac agents use in Portland," Budd told The Guardian.

meanwhile:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is what happens when local officials begin to do their jobs. Makes a mockery of the false narrative that Federal agents are being sent in under Dictatorship conspiracies.

Federal agents to begin leaving Portland’s downtown: DHS, Oregon governor
Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 4.34.37 PM.png

Add to list
President Trump’s administration and Oregon Governor Kate Brown have agreed to something of a ceasefire in their battle over Trump’s insistence on keeping federal law enforcement in Portland. As so often happens in such situations, Trump’s armies are withdrawing while declaring victory.

But based one what we know now, it appears Trump’s lieutenants have agreed to something of a climb down, though it also appears local officials have made concessions.

In an interview, Governor Brown used some interesting language to describe this truce, telling me that Trump’s homeland security secretary, Chad Wolf, had agreed to a “phased withdrawal” from the city.

If it seems jarring to hear the phrase “phased withdrawal” being applied to U.S. law enforcement’s actions with regard to an American city, that’s because it is: Those law enforcement battalions have been in Portland in direct defiance of Brown and Portland’s mayor.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...n-sputters-phased-withdrawal-portland-begins/

gr8gatsby

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Most of the posts here are pure opinion pieces that have little basis in the actual facts.

you’re probably still believing the Trump Russia collusion.

you guys prove that TDS is actually real. Sad.
It's true, Trump has had a lot of STDs

gr8gatsby

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What do they want? Does anyone even know?
For Trump or anyone to be a Fascist it would mean the removal of our existing democratic system and tossing the constitution in the garbage.
I thought we fought the Nazis in WW2. Then the Communist then Fascism.
Trump,is removing our current democratic system and tossing the constitution in the garbage so this is correct.

cycleguy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
See, right back where we started. Your deliberate ignorance was predicted. What we want (there is no "they" - only us) is for police to stop being an invading army, discounting the lives of citizens of color and do their job fairly, valuing the lives of all citizens. It is that simple. Trump is fascist and he is removing existing democratic norms and trashing the constitution. Hello? Are you not paying attention? Back to the wall.

Don't call me names it doesn't do anything.
Understand clearly- Antifa is definitely a "they" as they are not in my world.

I believe most Americans want the police to do a better job. I also know the majority of Americans don't want police defunded or done away with. We are civilized country and value all our citizens. Look at what we invest in entitlements and educations yearly I also see a community demanding respect and equality all while they slaughter one another. Black on black violence is a problem of the black community not the nation. They need to figure it out quickly and stop blaming others.

Im just confused about how you can apply the Facist label? Any example would be helpful. Unless of course you label those of us who will not apologize for being white males as some sort of ultra nationalist? How exactly has the constitution been trashed. Give me an example.
In closing if you need to call me names just press ignore- who needs the agrivation

Reactions: Andyb2

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Don't call me names it doesn't do anything.
Understand clearly- Antifa is definitely a "they" as they are not in my world.

I believe most Americans want the police to do a better job. I also know the majority of Americans don't want police defunded or done away with. We are civilized country and value all our citizens. Look at what we invest in entitlements and educations yearly I also see a community demanding respect and equality all while they slaughter one another. Black on black violence is a problem of the black community not the nation. They need to figure it out quickly and stop blaming others.

Im just confused about how you can apply the Facist label? Any example would be helpful. Unless of course you label those of us who will not apologize for being white males as some sort of ultra nationalist? How exactly has the constitution been trashed. Give me an example.
In closing if you need to call me names just press ignore- who needs the agrivation

I did not call you a name, I said, and I stand by it that you are willfully ignorant. This entire thread and others have documented what is fascist about Trump, the problem with unapologetic white nationalists and the attacks on the constitution. Sorry, I'm doing all the work here, you're being obtuse (not a name, a description of your mental approach). Defunding the police does not mean the police will be penniless - and that too has been clear pretty much in every thread, but clearly that is not working, so money can be reallocated to be more effective, As you said, most Americans want that, right? The over riding problem with the conservative fringe here is they proclaim 'equality' but when a person of color disagrees in protest, they scream anarchist or commie or some stupid shit like that to scare people and derail the discussion. More and more much of the disruption on these demonstrations is caused by right wing agitators trying to trigger violence, and with Trump's Gestapo, inciting it, as he bragged about 'beating the hell out of the mayor.' You seem fine with this, based on what you post.

Here's an example - I'll wait for history to repeat itself - Why Trump's Invasion of Portland Is Textbook Fascism | RealClearPolitics

cycleguy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I did not call you a name, I said, and I stand by it that you are willfully ignorant. This entire thread and others have documented what is fascist about Trump, the problem with unapologetic white nationalists and the attacks on the constitution. Sorry, I'm doing all the work here, you're being obtuse (not a name, a description of your mental approach). Defunding the police does not mean the police will be penniless - and that too has been clear pretty much in every thread, but clearly that is not working, so money can be reallocated to be more effective, As you said, most Americans want that, right? The over riding problem with the conservative fringe here is they proclaim 'equality' but when a person of color disagrees in protest, they scream anarchist or commie or some stupid shit like that to scare people and derail the discussion. More and more much of the disruption on these demonstrations is caused by right wing agitators trying to trigger violence, and with Trump's Gestapo, inciting it, as he bragged about 'beating the hell out of the mayor.' You seem fine with this, based on what you post.

Here's an example - I'll wait for history to repeat itself - Why Trump's Invasion of Portland Is Textbook Fascism | RealClearPolitics
There are many threads on LPSG politics that are left leaning and without merit. Heaven help anyone who may have a different thought or view- they are attacked, called names and told they are ignorant.
Please know that I don't view the my and others rejection of white guilt on any level as fascist. There is no citable attack to the US constitution but the allegation just sounds good.
People of color or not have the right to protest- they do not have the right to riot, loot and destroy property.
As for police budgets- let the process work. Do it at the ballot box rather than holding municipalities and cities hostage.
You continue to say what Im fine with... based on my post- Let me be clear. Im in favor of law and order. Want to change something? Follow the rules and process and put it on the ballot.

Reactions: Andyb2 and Jjz1109

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There are many threads on LPSG politics that are left leaning and without merit. Heaven help anyone who may have a different thought or view- they are attacked, called names and told they are ignorant.
Please know that I don't view the my and others rejection of white guilt on any level as fascist. There is no citable attack to the US constitution but the allegation just sounds good.
People of color or not have the right to protest- they do not have the right to riot, loot and destroy property.
As for police budgets- let the process work. Do it at the ballot box rather than holding municipalities and cities hostage.
You continue to say what Im fine with... based on my post- Let me be clear. Im in favor of law and order. Want to change something? Follow the rules and process and put it on the ballot.

Issues usually are addressed meaningfully after protest, not patiently waiting for ballots, which under Trump too often do not count. Look no further than the Civil Rights era of the 1950's and 1960's. Courts made lawful rulings against segregation - and they were routinely ignored. After demonstrations, which became riots because of escalation by the police (sound familiar) Federal action was generated - the voting rights act, the fair housing act - which Trump was charged with violating by Nixon's administration. You have no evidence the same things is not happening now - you're parroting the right talking points and feeding into the scare the white people fear of anarchy and chaos which is not really happening. I don't dispute people have done some stupid things during these demonstrations, but that does not undermine at all their credibility. I'm more in favor of justice, than 'law and order.' Everything Hitler did was legal. Everything John Lewis did was often considered illegal, ditto Dr. King. Agitation has a legitimate role here, and it will be played out.

Reactions: b.c.

cycleguy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Issues usually are addressed meaningfully after protest, not patiently waiting for ballots, which under Trump too often do not count. Look no further than the Civil Rights era of the 1950's and 1960's. Courts made lawful rulings against segregation - and they were routinely ignored. After demonstrations, which became riots because of escalation by the police (sound familiar) Federal action was generated - the voting rights act, the fair housing act - which Trump was charged with violating by Nixon's administration. You have no evidence the same things is not happening now - you're parroting the right talking points and feeding into the scare the white people fear of anarchy and chaos which is not really happening. I don't dispute people have done some stupid things during these demonstrations, but that does not undermine at all their credibility. I'm more in favor of justice, than 'law and order.' Everything Hitler did was legal. Everything John Lewis did was often considered illegal, ditto Dr. King. Agitation has a legitimate role here, and it will be played out.
Hmm. Ill meet you half what on some of your points. However let's be frank. Trump or the GOP have not tampered with the election process- thats a fact. We leave that to the democrats who have a long verifiable history beginning with the Daley during the Kennedy election.
As for the Civil Rights era the largest obstacle there were the Democrat's. No need to reply with it was the Southern block- they did it nationwide. What Robert Moses did in NY was a black eye on our history. Thankfully Nelson Rockefeller(Rep) undid the damage, but thats ancient history.
I agree with you 100% on justice. However Social Justice is something BLM throws out there regularly and it simply won't stand once the majority of the population understands the total meaning.
Hitler was in fact legally elected. His election had nothing to do with the elimination of Jews and everything to do with the continual blame, penalty and humiliation of the German people. Basically a mad man walked out in front of the electorate and said you're not so bad, everyone else's problems are not your fault, don't be ashamed to be German and they elected him. What unfolded afterward, well is history and beyond description.
I dont know a lot however I know the message and doctrine of MLK and John Lewis is absent in what is occurring today.
In closing I dont believe America has black/white issues. We elected a black Pres twice in a landslide. What America has is a black man issue complete resistance of accountability

Reactions: Andyb2