The trump presidency

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
:rolleyes:

"we conspire to produce an unaware and compliant citizenry."

Source: Democrat John Podesta's (Hillary Clinton campaign chair) WikiLeak hacked e-mail

You keep setting up them ducks TnJ ...

;)

Been over this ground before. The quote is taken out of context, and was clearly not intended as the revelation of some nefarious liberal plot.

But if you need to, Mercurygirl, provide the complete paragraph once more, and we can do this dance all over again.

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media
Believe it or not, even if that idiot was a Trump supporter, I'd be putting the blame on the person who committed the crime. Not the person he supported politically.

Even though, your dear leader is the one who advocated violence throughout his campaign, while Bernie has spoken out against it his entire political career. Keep reaching.

Lie. You and the liberal echo chamber around here would be blaming Trump. Hell, liberals even blamed Trump for the Bernie supporter shooter.

Reactions: malakos and BDFet

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Lie. You and the liberal echo chamber around here would be blaming Trump. Hell, liberals even blamed Trump for the Bernie supporter shooter.

I can't convince you of the truth. You believe what you want to no matter who's saying what. Think what you want.

For the record, I blame no one but the shooter for his actions. Not as a "liberal", as a regular ass person.

Reactions: deleted15807

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media
Been over this ground before. The quote is taken out of context, and was clearly not intended as the revelation of some nefarious liberal plot.

But if you need to, Mercurygirl, provide the complete paragraph once more, and we can do this dance all over again.

No, it's not taken out of context. You proved absolutely nothing when this first came out. You're just trying to spin it like you do everything else that's a total embarrassment for you and your sinking party.

But go ahead, you provide the complete quote instead of trying to make it sound as if this was settled in your favor. It wasn't, not by a long shot. You go waste your time and find the original exchange. As far others and myself at the time you lost that argument. The quote stands on its own. End of.

Reactions: BDFet

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Trump: I did not make recordings of Comey
"With all of the recently reported electronic surveillance, intercepts, unmasking and illegal leaking of information, I have no idea whether there are 'tapes' or recordings of my conversations with James Comey, but I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings," Trump tweeted.
It was a tease all along. Trump says he didn't make recordings. I wonder if Sarah Huckabee Sanders found any recording devices under the couches? Just because he didn't make the recordings still doesn't mean that they don't exist. Think in terms of Lawyerese jargon.
(Tin hat conspiracy - the RUSSIANS were doing the recording for him. I couldn't resist, sorry. :oops:)

It was just intimidation.
Tim O'Brien, a Trump biographer, told CNN's Brian Stelter on "Reliable Sources" earlier this month that Trump told him during interviews that he was recording their conversations. But that when the former business magnate sat down for a deposition, Trump "essentially" said he used the threat of tapes to "intimidate" him.
"My attorney said, 'Mr. Trump, do you have a taping system?' And he said no. And he said, 'Well then, why did you say this to Mr. O'Brien?' And he essentially said, 'I wanted to intimidate him,' " O'Brien recounted.
Since patterns are hard to break, it does seem as though Trump was trying to intimidate Comey with the threat of tapes. Wouldn't that be intimidation of a witness?

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No, it's not taken out of context. You proved absolutely nothing when this first came out. You're just trying to spin it like you do everything else that's a total embarrassment for you and your sinking party.

But go ahead, you provide the complete quote instead of trying to make it sound as if this was settled in your favor. It wasn't, not by a long shot. You go waste your time and find the original exchange. As far others and myself at the time you lost that argument. The quote stands on its own. End of.
Dear John: Well, we all thought the big problem for our US democracy was Citizens United/Koch Brothers big money in politics. Silly us; turns out that money isn't all that important if you can conflate entertainment with the electoral process. Trump masters TV, TV so-called news picks up and repeats and repeats to death this opinionated blowhard and his hairbrained ideas, free-floating discontent attaches to a seeming strongman and we're off and running. JFK, Jr would be delighted by all this as his "George" magazine saw celebrity politics coming. The magazine struggled as it was ahead of its time but now looks prescient. George, of course, played the development pretty lightly, basically for charm and gossip, like People, but what we are dealing with now is dead serious. How does this get handled in the general? Secretary Clinton is not an entertainer, and not a celebrity in the Trump, Kardashian mold; what can she do to offset this? I'm certain the poll-directed insiders are sure things will default to policy as soon as the conventions are over, but I think not. And as I've mentioned, we've all been quite content to demean government, drop civics and in general conspire to produce an unaware and compliant citizenry. The unawareness remains strong but compliance is obviously fading rapidly. This problem demands some serious, serious thinking - and not just poll driven, demographically-inspired messaging. Rubio's press conference yesterday AM was good and should be repeated in its entirety, not just in nibbles. I will attend the Clinton fundraiser here next week but as I can only afford the low level of participation may just get to wave without a "hello." I fear we are all now trying to navigate a set of forces that cannot be simply explained or fully understood, so it is and will reamin interesting! Sent with a handshake, Bill

Reactions: Klingsor

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Trump: I did not make recordings of Comey

It was a tease all along. Trump says he didn't make recordings. I wonder if Sarah Huckabee Sanders found any recording devices under the couches? Just because he didn't make the recordings still doesn't mean that they don't exist. Think in terms of Lawyerese jargon.
(Tin hat conspiracy - the RUSSIANS were doing the recording for him. I couldn't resist, sorry. :oops:)

It was just intimidation.

Since patterns are hard to break, it does seem as though Trump was trying to intimidate Comey with the threat of tapes. Wouldn't that be intimidation of a witness?
DC8Q0jYWsAA2jCa.jpg

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media
I can't convince you of the truth. You believe what you want to no matter who's saying what. Think what you want.

For the record, I blame no one but the shooter for his actions. Not as a "liberal", as a regular ass person.

Blaming Bernie for the shooter would be like blaming the Beatles for Charlie Manson. Clearly the guy was nuts and I'm just yanking your chain here. Jeez

OK, you will not blame Trump when a right wing nutjob starts shooting, got it. Sadly, we all know it's just a matter of time before that happens. You go far enough right or left and you're gonna find plenty of cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs individuals just waiting for a neighbor's dog to tell them to go kill people.

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The President got here because he played his voters. He turned the 2016 presidential election into the ultimate reality show. He told it like it was. To them. He made it okay to be prejudiced without apology. And not just about race. About anything not white Christian male. No more of that PC crap. He promised the moon, sun and the stars. His voters ate it up. Against many odds, he won the primary and general elections. I think he really didn't want to win, just come close and then bitch and moan and groan about the results being rigged on his new business venture--right wing media. He really wanted to torment Hillary for four years. Wouldn't that have been fun?

Except he can't quite accept the fact that he won. Not fun. Why is he still out campaigning? Is it because it's all he knows how to do? Or is this the only way he can get any type of positive feedback other than a cabinet meeting? I'm flummoxed because for someone whose "platform" was based in large part of being an accomplished and get-things-done businessman, why then has he not begun to get things done? Is he not able? Is he not up to it? Is it his ego? Was he that clueless about what being president entails? Or, perhaps he just doesn't know how to work with people? Governing is much different than running your business. Even when you are the President.

Now he's been president for five months. When I think of accomplishments, other than the Supreme Court appointment, not much else. But here's my conundrum. I think he could have been a good president. If only he had ratcheted back the campaign rhetoric and truly tried to govern, put down twitter and surrounded himself with the best and the brightest, well...perhaps his current approval ratings would be somewhat different. Who knows?

So far, all I can see that the President's voters have witnessed is him showing his ass wearing fake orange self-tanner still starring in his own reality show that does not jive with the reality of being President. And as one who voted for him, I imagine it would be difficult to admit you were wrong. That you got taken. That he really is who he was during the campaign. But hey, at least he's a Republican, right? Party before country. His voters must be proud.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The President got here because he played his voters. He turned the 2016 presidential election into the ultimate reality show. He told it like it was. To them. He made it okay to be prejudiced without apology. And not just about race. About anything not white Christian male. No more of that PC crap. He promised the moon, sun and the stars. His voters ate it up. Against many odds, he won the primary and general elections. I think he really didn't want to win, just come close and then bitch and moan and groan about the results being rigged on his new business venture--right wing media. He really wanted to torment Hillary for four years. Wouldn't that have been fun?

Except he can't quite accept the fact that he won. Not fun. Why is he still out campaigning? Is it because it's all he knows how to do? Or is this the only way he can get any type of positive feedback other than a cabinet meeting? I'm flummoxed because for someone whose "platform" was based in large part of being an accomplished and get-things-done businessman, why then has he not begun to get things done? Is he not able? Is he not up to it? Is it his ego? Was he that clueless about what being president entails? Or, perhaps he just doesn't know how to work with people? Governing is much different than running your business. Even when you are the President.

Now he's been president for five months. When I think of accomplishments, other than the Supreme Court appointment, not much else. But here's my conundrum. I think he could have been a good president. If only he had ratcheted back the campaign rhetoric and truly tried to govern, put down twitter and surrounded himself with the best and the brightest, well...perhaps his current approval ratings would be somewhat different. Who knows?

So far, all I can see that the President's voters have witnessed is him showing his ass wearing fake orange self-tanner still starring in his own reality show that does not jive with the reality of being President. And as one who voted for him, I imagine it would be difficult to admit you were wrong. That you got taken. That he really is who he was during the campaign. But hey, at least he's a Republican, right? Party before country. His voters must be proud.
Prior to the election, what policies did Mr Trump put forward that lead you to think he could have been a good president?

Reactions: Klingsor

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
anyone care to explain in simple language what this would possibly mean please
genuine request

BREAKING NEWS
After much secrecy, G.O.P. Senate leaders are unveiling their Obamacare repeal bill. It looks a lot like the House bill.
Thursday, June 22, 2017 9:57 AM EDT
Senate Republicans, who have promised a repeal of the Affordable Care Act for seven years, took a major step on Thursday to achieve that goal as they unveiled a bill to end the health law’s mandate that nearly everyone have health care, remake and cut the Medicaid program and create a new system of federal tax credits to help people buy health insurance.

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Prior to the election, what policies did Mr Trump put forward that lead you to think he could have been a good president?
None. I did not think he would win the Presidency.

However, once he did win, I thought he was smart enough to "pivot" and tone everything down. I was wrong to think he would listen to his advisors. I expected him to have played "the game" of being President a little better than he has. So much self-infliction of wounds...

I do not believe him to be a stupid man. However, I have begun to question his mental health.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
anyone care to explain in simple language what this would possibly mean please
genuine request

BREAKING NEWS
After much secrecy, G.O.P. Senate leaders are unveiling their Obamacare repeal bill. It looks a lot like the House bill.
Thursday, June 22, 2017 9:57 AM EDT
Senate Republicans, who have promised a repeal of the Affordable Care Act for seven years, took a major step on Thursday to achieve that goal as they unveiled a bill to end the health law’s mandate that nearly everyone have health care, remake and cut the Medicaid program and create a new system of federal tax credits to help people buy health insurance.
https://www.lpsg.com/threads/the-sabotage-of-obamacare-begins.464126/page-22
Starts at post 431. The biggest political news in the USA and no one seems to have an opinion. Go ahead Trumpers, defend the Senate Health Care Bill.

Reactions: b.c.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
smile industr
ahh well, looks like it could be ANOTHER Trump bummer/fizzer huh? ha/ hopefully,too hard basket, the F'ers havent got a clue what to do/offer
like the Euro honchos and there migrant refugee issue

there some theads i just do not/have not gone into?

Starts at post 431. The biggest political news in the USA and no one seems to have an opinion.

Bigbailey12

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Democrats keep your focus on the collusion which again, no proof.. so keep on the witch hunt as Republicans win another special election... keep Nancy Pelosi and Schumer so Republicans can keep winning...The Democratic Party is devoid of any ideas

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Democrats keep your focus on the collusion which again, no proof.. so keep on the witch hunt as Republicans win another special election... keep Nancy Pelosi and Schumer so Republicans can keep winning...The Democratic Party is devoid of any ideas

Stopping the Republicans seems like a pretty good idea all by itself.

But you're partly right: I've heard Democrats themselves acknowledge they need to do a better job of articulating their own proposals.

Reactions: TurkeyWithaSunburn
D

deleted37010

Trump won't hire poor people for a top post - many Americans agree
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-40375970

American attitudes toward the poor have shown signs of improving.
About two-thirds of Americans think the poor are hard-working, up from half in 1985, according to a 2016 survey conducted for the Los Angeles Times.

Reactions: deleted15807