The trump presidency

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Rupert Murdoch never ever had the balls for truth. In his gut he knew it, in his greed he forgot it.

In essence, he will die just another greedy little old man who wasted his time trying to manipulate people for his own gain.

His Mother would be so proud...............Not.

I despise Murdoch, but it cannot be said "he wasted his time." Quite the contrary. He has more than achieved what he wanted to do.

D

deleted15807

We are well on our way to eliminating the deficit as Trump promised!

The government set a record with a $234 billion deficit in February

That’s because the 2017 GOP tax cut law has not led to the huge increase in tax revenue that President Trump, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and many GOP lawmakers had promised would eventually occur.
Wow does this mean they lied? Say it isn’t so. How can this be? Oh it be alright.

Tomas26

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well this’ll be an interesting weekend lol - and next week, and maybe on and on. I’m kinda bummed Mueller has no more indictments to drop, I especially wanted to see that yappy shiitzu Don Jr. get his itty balls clipped off - but hopefully Congress and the SDNY will find just cause to prosecute him, and obviously his dirty conman daddy, too.

I’m gonna go ahead and guess that Mueller’s report will prove Russia interfered - but that there will be no hard proof Trump initiated it or helped it. That he just benefited from it. But who knows. We may get lucky :eyes:

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
We are well on our way to eliminating the deficit as Trump promised!

The government set a record with a $234 billion deficit in February

That’s because the 2017 GOP tax cut law has not led to the huge increase in tax revenue that President Trump, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and many GOP lawmakers had promised would eventually occur.
You have to understand, it's called the Laffer Curve, not the Laffer Point. That means there's a theoretical point--somewhere--at which lower taxes means more revenue. But no one can say just where that point is. So you keep lowering taxes . . . in the hope that you find it. ;)

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

You have to understand, it's called the Laffer Curve, not the Laffer Point. That means there's a theoretical point--somewhere--at which lower taxes means more revenue. But no one can say just where that point is. So you keep lowering taxes . . . in the hope that you find it. ;)

I'm sure the mythical "it" point is in the same place as the GOP's moral compass - that's been missing since the early 60's.

D

deleted15807

Yes Kansas and Louisiana tried that and it was as a miserable failure.

Opinion | Louisiana, ‘a Failed State’

Both states cried uncle and raised taxes to avoid a total collapse. Now the federal government is redoing the same failed experiment. Republicans and their plutocratic masters could care less it’s a failure. Double down and keep it up in Washington! Let’s pass some anti-abortion bills to keep the masses riled up and distracted!

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
John McCain's Ultra-Private Daughter Bridget Tweets Directly to Trump Over His Attacks: 'You Are a Child'

"Bridget McCain, the youngest daughter of John McCain, on Thursday appealed directly to ... Donald Trump — on Trump’s favorite platform, Twitter — amid his continued fuming about the late Arizona senator.

Everyone doesn’t have to agree with my dad or like him, but I do ask you to be decent and respectful,” Bridget, 27, tweeted at [Trump] early Thursday. “If you can’t do those two things, be mindful. We only said goodbye to him almost 7 months ago.”

In a second tweet, Bridget went on the offensive, casting [Trump's] fixation on her father as part of his broader narcissism and poor impulse control.

“Even if you were invited to my dad’s funeral, you would have only wanted to be there for the credit and not for any condolences,” she wrote.

“Unfortunately, you could not be counted on to be courteous, as you are a child in the most important role the world knows.”"

"Child" was being TOO kind, methinks. Try "ASSHOLE."

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
If his ego was not so out of control, and his enablers were not so power hungry, he could resign and be playing golf at MaraLago, holding court, and enjoying life in his declining years. His WH is a toxic life-shortening environment for everyone.
I would consider being in favor of pardons to Trump and his children if he would just get on with it and retire! To be fair to the others perhaps reduce their sentences.

Notice I said consider. I can think of reasons why I would not want to do that as well.

Reactions: Tomas26

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media

Tomas26

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well, today simply proves how imperative it’ll be to defeat Trump’s re-election. The icing on the cake for that? It’ll flush Pence down the toilet, too. Enough is enough. Vote Democrat for president - ANY Democrat. I don’t care if you disagree with half their platform, or if they don’t have charisma, or if you don’t like how they speak... I don’t give a fuck if they dissed your preferred candidate, or if their last name happens to look ugly on a news headline. Vote Blue!

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Well, today simply proves how imperative it’ll be to defeat Trump’s re-election. The icing on the cake for that? It’ll flush Pence down the toilet, too. Enough is enough. Vote Democrat for president - ANY Democrat. I don’t care if you disagree with half their platform, or if they don’t have charisma, or if you don’t like how they speak... I don’t give a fuck if they dissed your preferred candidate, or if their last name happens to look ugly on a news headline. Vote Blue!
PRECISELY my argument three years ago.

D

deleted15807

I said that before the last election and it needs to be said again before the next one:

As Noam Chomsky says:

Tomas26

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thank you so much for this.

A friend of mine, a Persian guy who came to the U.S. at the age of 9 with his family, and who was always very Liberal and anti-Right, and who used to preach Chomsky to me, has been indoctrinated into the Trump Cult, I have recently discovered with great disgust. I’ve been trying to figure out how this could happen (I so don’t want to go anywhere near him right now, for fear I would wind up spitting on someone I called friend). I’ve concluded that his moral failure was caused by a couple things: a) he’s wealthy, and now that he’s got a wife and baby, he’s greedier and more Conservative; and b) his family is Iranian, and he is desperate for a regime change in his country of origin - and as so many immigrants like him, he feels this regime change will only come forcefully, only via a hawkish U.S. Republican administration who will bomb and invade Iran. I find this horrifying - that any friend of mine would help plague our country with such a dangerous leader as Trump, and mostly for the chance to start a war with Iran.

Anyway, perhaps one day I will have the balls to send him this article featuring his one-time hero Noam Chomsky trashing his new hero, our Troll-in-Chief.

Reactions: deleted15807

SonyToyo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

ozwestcoastboy

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
D2fKgUPUkAAh1XS.jpg:large

D

deleted15807

Thank you so much for this.

Sure.

A friend of mine, a Persian guy who came to the U.S. at the age of 9 with his family, and who was always very Liberal and anti-Right, and who used to preach Chomsky to me, has been indoctrinated into the Trump Cult, I have recently discovered with great disgust. I’ve been trying to figure out how this could happen (I so don’t want to go anywhere near him right now, for fear I would wind up spitting on someone I called friend). I’ve concluded that his moral failure was caused by a couple things: a) he’s wealthy, and now that he’s got a wife and baby, he’s greedier and more Conservative;
'
Greed is what will doom the planet from the bottom to th top. It is a uniquely human affliction. No other species hasn't learn to live with the confines its our habitat. We must venture out and exploit/destroy new lands. Capitalism demands it. And yet we are till not happy.

No matter what the mind experiences, it usually reacts with craving, and craving always involves dissatisfaction. When the mind experiences something distasteful it craves to be rid of the irritation. When the mind experiences something pleasant, it craves that the pleasure will remain and will intensify. Therefore, the mind is always dissatised and restless. This is very
clear when we experience unpleasant things, such as pain. As long as the pain continues, we are dissatisfied and do all we can to avoid it. Yet even when we experience pleasant things we are never content. We either fear that the pleasure might disappear, or we hope that it will intensify. People dream for years about fnding love but are rarely satised when they nd it. Some become anxious that their partner will leave; others feel that they have settled cheaply, and could have found someone better. And we all know people who manage to do both.

Great gods can send us rain, social institutions can provide justice and good health care, and lucky coincidences can turn us into millionaires, but none of them can change our basic mental patterns. Hence even the greatest kings are doomed
to live in angst, constantly feelinging grief and anguish, forever chasing after greater pleasures
.​

-Sapiens, Yuval Noah Harari​

Reactions: Tomas26

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
The Trump Organization Is Selling Merchandise With Images of the White House – Mother Jones

"Several items currently on sale at the official Trump Store online and, reportedly, at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, DC, feature images of the White House, including two t-shirts, a mug, and a soap set.

The “Cherry Blossom Collection,” as news site 1100 Pennsylvania first pointed out, is “inspired by” the Trump International Hotel in DC, according to the Trump Organization.

Experts were quick to note the ethical dilemma of potentially using the presidency for monetary gain. Walter Shaub, former director of the Office of Government Ethics, an independent agency watchdog, tweeted Thursday that the product line is part of the president’s ongoing “conflicting financial interest” in running the hotel.

Our corrupt President’s hotel, in which he retains a conflicting financial interest, is selling products with the image of the White House on it. I’d say he’s monetizing the presidency again, but it’s a continuous effort so “again” wouldn’t make sense."

Reactions: keenobserver