The trump presidency

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Bombshell report links Trump insiders to Washington rally that led to Capitol riots | The Independent

At least three people from the campaign team of Donald Trump allegedly played a key role in organising the rally in Washington that culminated in a deadly assault on the US Capitol building, belying the campaign’s claim that they did “organise, operate or finance” the event.

Among those associated was Maggie Mulvaney, the niece of former acting White House chief of staff , Mick Mulvaney, found an investigation by the Associated Press.

... among the others associated with Mr Trump’s re-election campaign who were linked to the rally, were Megan Powers and Caroline Wren.

Trump administration proposes 11th-hour plan to strip California desert protections | California | The Guardian
Barr told Trump that theories about stolen election were 'bulls---': report | TheHill
Even as Trump exits, Democrats say 'most dangerous crime' demands a Senate trial

john625

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A most wonderful feeling has come over me concerning this thread.

In just a little over 24 hours from now, President Trump will be replaced by President Biden.

The Trump Presidency will become a past tense thread!

I can hardly wait!

23 hours and 15 minutes!

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not sure if it's against the rules to post a link to the latest Randy Rainbow video. But it's worth checking out as the count down continues. Seasons of Trump. Easy to find.

Reactions: Freddie53
D

deleted15807

The pussy grabber leaves the office just as anyone with a 8th grade education could have predicted with the most unconscionable record ever for a president.

Trump Departs With Lowest-Ever Job Mark

PP_2021.01.14_biden-trump-views_00-02.png
PP_2021.01.14_biden-trump-views_00-07.png

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
How constitutional or unconstitutional it is for the Senate to carry out a trial of a president whose term has ended?

My strong suit is the teaching of world cultures. How the people lived. What the people believed, etc. Not constitutional and unconstitutional questions concerning the US Constitution.

Here is my list of concerns for people to post. In bold are the questions. I have given some responses which are numbered.

Please share any sources if you have them that back up your position such as a court case, previous impeachment cases, essays, etc.

The big question:

Is it constitutional for the Senate to go ahead and have a trial?

My answer:

1.Since the impeachment began before Trump's term ended, that the Senate must have a trial.

2. It would be too late for the House to now file new impeachment charges against Trump, now the former president is out of office unless the former president took actions so close to the end of the term that they was no way for the House to act before the end of the term.

3. It will require a 2/3 majority in the Senate to convict.

4. I am reading that the Senate can then proceed on a simple majority bar Trump from any federal public office.

Did Trump commit treason against the United States?

5. My short answer is yes.

6. Which is very problematic is how could treason charges be brought against Trump and do it in a way that is not political.

7. I am in favor of getting Mitch, Nancy, Kamala, and Joe together to agree on who they all agree is the best person to be an independent prosecutor and give that person a budget and give that person the space to properly do an investigation.

Is there a way the Senate or Congress to bar Trump from ever holding a federal office without impeachment and conviction by the Senate?

8. I have my doubts that this would be constitutional to bar Trump unless the Senate convicted Trump first.

Would the best approach be for the Senate or the House and Senate to formally censure Trump?

9. It may be the only way to get a joint condemnation of Trump for what he did.

If there were a joint censure of Trump, can that censure have a reduction in retirement income and reduction of perks for being a former president included?

10. I don't know what would be constitutional concerning reduction of income as part of a formal censure of a president whose term has already ended.

I lean toward the view that yes the Congress can reduce income and perks as part of a vote to formally censure a president, member of Congress or a member of the judiciary as retirement and perks are not constitutionally promised to former presidents.

I do believe that:
If the Senate takes no action, then we are inviting future presidents to do anything that want in their last month or so of their term, especially that last week.

A clear message by both the House and Senate needs to be taken that presidents are liable for their actions or lack of actions all the way up until the next president is sworn in.

ozwestcoastboy

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A most wonderful feeling has come over me concerning this thread.

In just a little over 24 hours from now, President Trump will be replaced by President Biden.

The Trump Presidency will become a past tense thread!

I can hardly wait!
EsH5WyaVEAAk7GG

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

BigFloppy10Wanted

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
From Rawstory.com:

Nearly 5 years ago to the day, we issued the following warning from neuroscientist Bobby Azarian, who made the case that Trump "has a mental disorder that makes him a dangerous world leader." By our estimates, more than 30 million people have read this story -- and it remains far and away the most popular story we've ever published.

Donald Trump: We warned you of the dangers of his -residency 5 years ago -- how do we stop it from happening again? - Raw Story
In 2016 I told a friend that Trump would be the only president to go from the White House to The Nut House. What I should have said is that Trump will be the only president to go from the White House to The Big House.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
In 2016 I told a friend that Trump would be the only president to go from the White House to The Nut House. What I should have said is that Trump will be the only president to go from the White House to The Big House.

And that's EXACTLY where he BELONGS.

As reported tonight on Brian Williams' The 11th Hour the "chosen one" is reportedly talking about starting a new party - called the "Patriot" party. NO doubt full of "patriots" like those who secretly meet with Russians, demonize Blacks, Latinos, Muslims, Jews, women, and the LGBTQ community, or like Steve Bannon who BILKED Trump's own constituency, or supremacists like Stephen Miller and Mike fkng Pompeo

On his way out, Pompeo denounces multiculturalism in the U.S.
Mike Pompeo is the worst secretary of state in U.S. history.
The last days of Pompeo: secretary of state lashes out as reign comes to an end | Mike Pompeo | The Guardian

and well as other assorted fascists, supremacists, racists, et al. - threatening to split the GOP because, after all they've done on behalf of Trump, they haven't sucked A----- sufficiently enough for "his highness."

Which I figure would SERVE THEM RIGHT, for enabling him, defending him, and NOT voting to convict his ass the first time around.

So the choice is THEIRS. They can either SIT BACK and watch this fkr foment more hate, insurrection, and civil UNREST while SPLINTERING their party,

OR they can do what THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO DO:

Shut down this clown by convicting him, prosecuting him, and sending his ass away... for a VERY long time.

ozwestcoastboy

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thomas L. Friedman writing in the New York Times:
"Folks, we just survived something really crazy awful: four years of a president without shame, backed by a party without spine, amplified by a network without integrity, each pumping out conspiracy theories without truth, brought directly to our brains by social networks without ethics — all heated up by a pandemic without mercy."

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As the final hours of the most loved, respected, admired, intelligent, handsome, hung, successful, brilliant far seeing president and the most fit as his medical report - dictated by him - his leadership in fighting the pandemic when he showed time after time he knew more than the experts, (his thoughts on himself and his legacy I hasten to add) leaves office having persuaded his followers that the election was stolen, there was massive fraud and that taking back what is theirs by force is the only way and leaving the nation divided, angry and frankly the butt of much humour from the rest of the world - Trump certainly made America Grate.
Not all negative as there there are many endearing images of Trump to treasure.
Pushing his way through other world leaders to be in the front of a phot shoot and switching on his "smile"
Agreeing with Putin that Russia had nothing to do with his election
Grandstanding at the UN
Embracing the leaders of NK and China and hailing them as great men.
Failing to be able to close his umbrella
Walking up the aircraft steps with toilet paper stuck to his shoe
Wandering in circles on the West Lawn
Fixed feet dad dancing
His post Covid return to the White House - take two

more?
Will Bridge ever be the same again?

6inchcock

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
THE TRUMP AND COMPANY SHITSHOW GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE! EVERYTHING MUST GO!

You should copyright this as a bumper sticker and sell it to the RNC for their rebranding-rehabilitation cycle. Maybe it will help them as they come out of therapy.