The Trump Senate Impeachment Trial - 2021

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
I agree that it'd have made no difference but imo they should've called witnesses ANYWAY. In part because the GOP and Trump's lawyers DIDN'T want them to.

The widow, families, survivors of the Capitol officers, of those who died and those injured, the trauma inflicted upon them, the terror of Capitol lawmakers and their staff, law enforcement agents and agencies who've uncovered the connections between Trump, his domestic terrorists, and the assault, and the testimony of anarchists who already stated they were following TRUMP'S orders... ALL of those willing to testify.

Just to put a human face on all the pain and suffering and turmoil Trump and those fkrs caused. However long the testimony would've taken.

Trump's co-conspirators in the Senate would've done just the same. But the testimony of those witnesses would've played out before the American public and the WORLD,

in REAL time, etched into history FOREVERMORE.
The Democrats had the beast (Trump) on the ground and mortally wounded.

However, the Biden agenda got the Democrats distracted. The Democrats will come to regret they did not let all the dirty laundry be shown to the entire nation and finish off the beast (Trump) right there in the Senate chamber!

Hopefully, Cyrus Vance, Jr will press charges on what he has in New York. Vance is a NY state prosecutor and he can move and it not be Biden going after Trump.

Apparently, Vance may have enough on Trump to put him out of politics.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
43 Republicans turn their backs on their country to side with Trump, and we're listing them all

John Barrasso, of Wyoming;
Marsha Blackburn, of Tennessee;
Roy Blunt, of Missouri;
John Boozman, of Arkansas;
Mike Braun, of Indiana;
Shelley Capito, of West Virginia;
John Cornyn, of Texas;
Tom Cotton, of Arkansas;
Kevin Cramer, of North Dakota;
Mike Crapo, of Idaho;
Ted Cruz, of Texas;
Steve Daines; of Montana;
Joni Ernst, of Iowa;
Deb Fischer, of Nebraska;
Lindsey Graham, of South Carolina;
Charles Grassley, of Iowa;
Bill Hagerty, of Tennessee;
Josh Hawley, of Missouri;
John Hoeven, of North Dakota;
Cindy Hyde-Smith, of Mississippi;
Jim Inhofe, of Oklahoma;
Ron Johnson, of Wisconsin;
John Kennedy, of Louisiana;
James Lankford, of Oklahoma;
Mike Lee, of Utah;
Cynthia Lummis, of Wyoming;
Roger Marshall, of Kansas;
Mitch McConnell, of Kentucky;
Jerry Moran, of Kansas;
Rand Paul, of Kentucky;
Rob Portman, of Ohio;
James Risch, of Idaho;
Mike Rounds; of South Dakota;
Marco Rubio, of Florida;
Rick Scott, of Florida;
Tim Scott, of South Carolina;
Richard Shelby, of Alabama;
Dan Sullivan, of Arkansas;
John Thune, of South Dakota;
Thomas Tillis, of North Carolina;
Tommy Tuberville, of Alabama;
Roger Wicker, of Mississippi; and
Todd Young, of Indiana

ALSO:

Mitch McConnell protected Trump from consequences, then tried to distance himself from the damage
Pelosi Bashes 'Pathetic' McConnell For Creating His Own Trump Acquittal Excuse | HuffPost
Let's stop pretending we don't know why most GOP Senators didn't vote to convict Trump
As Trump's own impeachment lawyer (accidentally) pointed out, the DOJ can indict him NOW

AND:

Lisa Murkowski Shreds Trump In Defense of Vote to Convict: If His Actions Aren’t Impeachable, ‘I Cannot Imagine What Is’

"Lisa Murkowski Shreds Trump In Defense of Vote to Convict: If His Actions Aren’t Impeachable, ‘I Cannot Imagine What Is’" Lisa Murkowsaki

I read her press release. This quote is on down in the press release.

This quote is spot on and I can't imagine anyone giving a better one sentence than this concerning Trump and his total failure as a person, and as president.

Trump tried to overthrow the federal government. What is so damn difficult in understanding this?

The 43 Republican senators understood well what Trump did. Most if not all of them were complicit to some degree by contributing in some way to the atmosphere that lead to the worst assault on our federal government since the founding of our republic.

In the Civil War, the Confederacy did carry out a four year war, however, the Confederacy never got the opportunity to assault the federal government. Federal troops made this impossible for the Confederates to do.

We Democrats need to thank the 7 Republican senators who voted their conscience, not what the Trump machine told them to vote.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
The Democrats had the beast (Trump) on the ground and mortally wounded.

However, the Biden agenda got the Democrats distracted. The Democrats will come to regret they did not let all the dirty laundry be shown to the entire nation and finish off the beast (Trump) right there in the Senate chamber!

Hopefully, Cyrus Vance, Jr will press charges on what he has in New York. Vance is a NY state prosecutor and he can move and it not be Biden going after Trump.

Apparently, Vance may have enough on Trump to put him out of politics.

Well, like I acknowledged, Freddie, Senate Republicans were going to let the f--- off anyway, no matter what Ted Cruz told Trump lawyers up front that they'd 'already won'.

And I've read numerous, sound, arguments as to why (how) Democrats agreeing to not call witnesses was the right thing to do. I just happen to disagree and (like you stated) believe the "dirty laundry" should've been aired anyway.

So that's about all I have to say about that except to add (in more general terms) that maybe it's just that I, and John Oliver (see below) and I suspect other liberals as well are getting pretty f tired of reading where Democrats who hold a majority in the House and (supposedly) in the Senate keep giving Republicans what they WANT. Not just on the witnesses, but on the filibuster, and, as if that's not all, reading of Senate democrats who are going belly up on the $15 minimum wage. Wtf??

This senator, who calls herself a Democrat, wants you to know she's blocking your living wage

And all the while Biden keeps talking "unity" and "healing" while Republicans keep doing whatever the fuck THEY want, and I guess I'm just getting tired of centrist, chicken-s Democrats who keep (politically) bringing KNIVES TO A GUNFIGHT.

And now, THIS:

Last edited:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
We Democrats need to thank the 7 Republican senators who voted their conscience, not what the Trump machine told them to vote.

Exactly. Speaking of which, look at my state's GOP Senator Bill Cassidy. I must admit I was SHOCKED... DELIGHTFULLY so:

Trump wanted to ‘intimidate’ lawmakers, GOP Senator Bill Cassidy says | The Independent

Donald Trump's actions fit the definition of insurrection, Louisiana GOP Sen. Bill Cassidy, who crossed party lines by voting to convict Trump, told ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos Sunday on "This Week."

"I listened very carefully to all the arguments. But if you describe insurrection as I did, as an attempt to prevent the peaceful transfer of power, we can see [Trump] for two months after the election, promoting that the election was stolen," Cassidy said.

"It was clear that he wished that lawmakers be intimidated.

And even after he knew there was violence taking place, he continued to basically sanction the mob being there, and not until later that he actually asked him to leave all of that points to a motive, and a method. And that is wrong, he should be held accountable," he added.

9/11-style commission should investigate Capitol attack: Sen. Coons, Rep. Dean

Last edited:

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
The Democrats control both houses of Congress. Can't Pelosi hand the investigation of the Insurrection of the Capitol to a select committee?

I wish John Lewis was still living. Lewis would have been the perfect spokesman to call all the witnesses and keep this front and center in the minds of all Americans.

I don't remember her name, but the African-American lady who was a manager for the House would do an excellent job. She has the poise, the right voice, the appearance of real power as she speaks, the intellect, and the knowledge that she might be the best choice to head a Select Committee.

All the managers did extremely well in all that I was able to view. However, she was the best that I heard. She had that gift of connecting to the listener that the spokesperson for a Select Committee would definitely need.

And, she isn't a chair for any other committee that is also meeting.

Perhaps let those managers be the Select Committee. They are proven and already have most of what they will need already in their hands.

Televised meetings where the witnesses who didn't get to tell their story get to tell their story in this Select Committee meetings.

Reactions: 6inchcock and b.c.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response

What a jerk!... It's not looking all that good for raising the minimum wage, sadly.

NewRepublic.com:
Call Kyrsten Sinema’s Bluff
The would-be maverick Democrat is trying to sink the minimum wage hike. Her threats are emptier than they seem.

Politico.com:
Biden casts doubt on $15 minimum wage hike in Covid relief package
The president predicted Senate rules would prevent the increase from going forward.

President Joe Biden expressed doubt that his push to increase the minimum wage to $15 an hour would be included in a final coronavirus relief package.

In an interview excerpt with CBS News’ Norah O’Donnell released Friday, Biden predicted Senate rules would prevent the increase from going forward.

“My guess is it will not be in it,”
he said. “I don’t think it is going to survive."

Biden’s coronavirus relief plan included a provision that raised the minimum wage to $15 an hour by 2025. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), the chair of the Senate Budget Committee, has been leading the charge to move it forward in the Senate through the so-called reconciliation process, which essentially allows Democrats to pass a broader coronavirus relief package without GOP support.

A/B

Last edited:
Reactions: dreamer20 and b.c.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
The Democrats control both houses of Congress. Can't Pelosi hand the investigation of the Insurrection of the Capitol to a select committee?

I wish John Lewis was still living. Lewis would have been the perfect spokesman to call all the witnesses and keep this front and center in the minds of all Americans.

I don't remember her name, but the African-American lady who was a manager for the House would do an excellent job. She has the poise, the right voice, the appearance of real power as she speaks, the intellect, and the knowledge that she might be the best choice to head a Select Committee.

All the managers did extremely well in all that I was able to view. However, she was the best that I heard. She had that gift of connecting to the listener that the spokesperson for a Select Committee would definitely need.

And, she isn't a chair for any other committee that is also meeting.

Perhaps let those managers be the Select Committee. They are proven and already have most of what they will need already in their hands.

Televised meetings where the witnesses who didn't get to tell their story get to tell their story in this Select Committee meetings.

I don't see why NOT.

Republicans investigated the MOST EXONERATED POLITICIAN EVER Opinion | Hillary Clinton is the most exonerated politician ever - The Washington Post

the woman of whom the lying, rabble rousing, treasonous dictator-WANTED-to-be had the fkng GALL to say, "lock her up"

...with a reported ten or more Benghazi investigations, over THIRTY hearings (reportedly), plus numerous other investigations on everything from email to Whitewater - spent investigating a person who answered every subpoena and responded via testimony,

all of THAT shit over a TWENTY YEAR period at an estimated cost to taxpayers of 100 MILLION dollars. GOP's fear and loathing of Hillary Clinton cost you $100 million | Newstalk Florida - N

So, imo, do the same thing to THEM. goose...gander.

Last edited:

6inchcock

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't see why NOT.

Republicans investigated the MOST EXONERATED POLITICIAN EVER Opinion | Hillary Clinton is the most exonerated politician ever - The Washington Post

the woman of whom the lying, rabble rousing, treasonous dictator-WANTED-to-be had the fkng GALL to say, "lock her up"

...with a reported ten or more Benghazi investigations, over THREE DOZEN hearings, plus numerous other investigation on everything from email to Whitewater - spent investigating a person who answered every subpoena and responded via testimony,

all of THAT shit over a TWENTY YEAR period at an estimated cost to taxpayers of 100 MILLION dollars. GOP's fear and loathing of Hillary Clinton cost you $100 million | Newstalk Florida - N

Do the same thing to THEM.

Actually I wanted to see a committee from day one and give zero fucks about cost when compared to the Benghazi fiasco.

Beyond the impeachment and the single point of leadership failure regarding Trump; the entire government, practices, policies, plans, procedures, posture and leadership need to be reviewed for accountability and determine where gaps and seems exist that resulted in mission failure and loss of life.

Everyone likes the buzz words "whole of government approach"; this is one of those times that the "whole of government" needs to come under the microscope.

How the fuck did Hitler Youth storm the capitol and over run the security forces.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
...with a reported ten or more Benghazi investigations, over THIRTY hearings (reportedly), plus numerous other investigations on everything from email to Whitewater - spent investigating a person who answered every subpoena and responded via testimony, all of THAT shit over a TWENTY YEAR period at an estimated cost to taxpayers of 100 MILLION dollars. GOP's fear and loathing of Hillary Clinton cost you $100 million | Newstalk Florida - N

Well, @b.c., you know how the Republicans are SO "fiscally conservative"... unless attacking Democrats... A mere $100 million dollars means nothing to them, as long as it doesn't go to COVID-19 Personal Protective Equipment, research or relief.

A/B

Last edited:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Well, @b.c., you know the Republicans are SO "fiscally conservative"... unless attacking Democrats... A mere $100 million dollars means nothing to them, as long as it doesn't go to COVID-19 relief.
A/B

NOR when giving tax breaks to the wealthy elite or sending multi-million dollar covid relief to corporate execs. Child nutrition programs, decent wages, and medicaid supplements? ... oh HELL nah.

Actually I wanted to see a committee from day one and give zero fucks about cost when compared to the Benghazi fiasco.

Beyond the impeachment and the single point of leadership failure regarding Trump; the entire government, practices, policies, plans, procedures, posture and leadership need to be reviewed for accountability and determine where gaps and seems exist that resulted in mission failure and loss of life.

Everyone likes the buzz words "whole of government approach"; this is one of those times that the "whole of government" needs to come under the microscope.

How the fuck did Hitler Youth storm the capitol and over run the security forces.

Exactly. How... WE know how. And those 43 senators who voted to acquit have become PART AND PARCEL to insurrection... IF they weren't ALREADY. A bunch of spineless, conniving cowards and hypocrites. After which some of them tried to put on a bullshit show of condemnation and disavowal of what they'd just EXCUSED SANCTIONED:

Pelosi ruled out censure after Trump's acquittal | TheHill

“Censure is a slap in the face of the Constitution. It lets everybody off the hook,” Pelosi told reporters following the Senate impeachment trial at the Capitol.

“Oh, these cowardly senators who couldn’t face up to what [Trump] did and what was at stake for our country are now going to have a chance to give a little slap on the wrist?” Pelosi said while slapping her own wrist.

“We censure people for using stationery for the wrong purpose,” said Pelosi, referring to an episode that led Democrats to censure former Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.) in 2010.

"We don’t censure people for inciting insurrection that kills people in the Capitol,” she added.

The Speaker sought to correct the record, pointing out that the House had voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, while Trump was still in office, and that McConnell had declared the Senate would not accept the article of impeachment to be delivered by the House managers until after Trump left office.

“We were told it could not be received because Mitch McConnell had shut down the Senate,” Pelosi said.

"For him to get up there and make this indictment against [Trump] and say, 'I can’t vote for it because it’s after the fact' ... the fact that he established that it could not be delivered before the inauguration," she said.
Hey guys, (some) Republicans want you to forget that they're Trump toadies
Durbin: 'We were never going to reach 67 votes' to convict Trump without McConnell's backing | TheHill

MEANWHILE:

‘Hated by absolutely everyone’: Kentucky columnist puts the nail in Mitch McConnell’s political coffin
Majority of Kentuckians disapprove of McConnell's job in Senate | TheHill

RIGHT. But you sent that --------- right back to Washington, DIDN'T you?:

AND:

Rand Paul Swears He Clapped for Eugene Goodman Despite Video
Lindsey Graham: 'I don’t see how Kamala Harris doesn’t get impeached' - Raw Story

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

Thankfully Susan Collins did the right thing this time around - but aquitted Trump hasn't "learned his lesson".

7 GOP Senators Voted To Convict Trump. Only 1 Faces Voters Next Year

Vote explanation: After Trump was acquitted, Collins delivered a 16-minute address from the Senate floor about her decision to vote to convict.

"This impeachment trial is not about any single word uttered by President Trump on Jan. 6, 2021," she said. "It is instead about President Trump's failure to obey the oath he swore on January 20, 2017. His actions to interfere with the peaceful transition of power – the hallmark of our Constitution and our American democracy – were an abuse of power and constitute grounds for conviction..."My vote in this trial stems from my own oath and duty to defend the Constitution of the United States. The abuse of power and betrayal of his oath by President Trump meet the constitutional standard of 'high crimes and misdemeanors,' and for those reasons I voted to convict Donald J. Trump."

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
'Bring on the witnesses': Demands for Trump's criminal prosecution grows after GOP refuses to convict

The following are bits and pieces of the article naming the people who have already announced support for a criminal investigation.

On down in boldface is the actual words of law that define insurrection etc. and the consequences.

Read on to see who is calling for criminal, congressional and/or presidential investigations into Trump's role in the Insurrection at the Capitol:

"In the wake of Saturday's failure of the U.S. Senate to convict Donald Trump for his alleged incitement of the violent insurrectionist attack at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, legal experts, political observers, and government watchdogs are calling for criminal prosecution as the only remaining path for accountability and to prevent the disgraced former president from ever seeking elected office again.

"The op-ed argues that if the adage "nobody is above the law" is true, then "Trump should be charged with the exact same crime covered in the impeachment, only in criminal court."

According to Montini:

It's there under the U.S. Criminal Code Title 18 Section 2383.

The law is simple and straightforward. It reads:

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Donald Trump's behavior was clearly criminal and was clearly abhorrent. He may have avoided one form of accountability, but he has not avoided all of them."

The Associated Press reports, "Now a private citizen, Trump is stripped of his protection from legal liability that the presidency gave him." And separate reporting over the weekend cited people close to Trump who said he is concerned about the prospect of prosecution—

As Lisa Gilbert, executive vice president of Public Citizen, put it: "Impeachment aside, Trump is unfit for future office and committed crimes against the American people. And whether through the courts, a commission or other constitutional remedies, accountability will find him."

In a CNN column Sunday, former attorney and radio host Dean Obeidallah urged President Joe Biden to call for a "full criminal investigation" into the role Trump played in the January 6 insurrection effort.

"Investigating, and if necessary prosecuting, Trump for the many crimes he is alleged to have committed over the years isn't political payback; it's simply the law doing its job against a potential felon," wrote Sasha Abramsky in The Nation on Sunday.

"In fact," he argued, "given the myriad, and very specific, allegations swirling around Trump, it would be an example of clear, illegitimate, favoritism at this point to not investigate the ex-president." Abramsky continued...

Read the article!

We have not lost. What may be down the road for Trump may be a lot worse than being convicted by the Senate!

Criminal conviction means a hefty fine or prison time as well as being bared from running for federal office again

Senate conviction only would mean more falling from grace for Trump and being bared from running for federal office again. No fine. No prison time.

Hopefully the worst is yet to come for Trump!

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Legal expert rebuts GOP claim Trump's trial is unconstitutional — says it's just what the founders wanted - Alternet.org

When Trump's legal defense team presented their arguments, they aimed to make a clear cut case: "The impeachment clause says 'president,' not 'former president,' end of story."

Raskin noted how all of the English impeachments conducted during the Founders' time was "of a former official."

As Hamilton wrote in the "Federalist Papers," a core source of original meaning, the framers "borrowed" the model from the English. And, as Raskin pointed out, every English impeachment during the lifetimes of the Founders was of a former official. During the convention debates on impeachment, George Mason mentioned the impeachment of Warren Hastings, a former British official in India, which began during the summer of 1787.

... ... with 56 votes in favor of the trial, the Senate has essentially settled the question: the proceedings are constitutional.

Freddie:

This is based on the concept of precedents, Previous votes on a legal question factor in as part of constitutional law. Much of the Supreme Court rulings are based on precedents or previous rulings over time by the court.

The same applies to Congress when considering what is constitutional and what is not.

Reactions: Klingsor and b.c.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So, so disappointing!:

WashingtonPost.com
:
Late-night talks and a moment of chaos: Inside the Democrats’ eleventh-hour decision to forgo impeachment witnesses

The debate among the House impeachment managers raged through the night, as the hours and then minutes ticked down early Saturday before what was widely expected to be the final day of former president Donald Trump’s Senate trial.

After weeks of bending to political pressure to ensure a speedy proceeding, some on the House team wanted to make one final, furious push to demand a more intensive investigation — to call witnesses to talk about Trump’s behavior before, during and after the mob attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Should they seek to call a Republican lawmaker who was willing to talk about her knowledge of Trump’s dismissive comments to the House GOP leader who pleaded with him during the riot to call off his supporters? Should they call the leader himself, Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.)? What about aides to former vice president Mike Pence, whose dramatic evacuation was caught on security video played for the first time publicly last week? Any of those moves risked extending the proceedings for weeks, but nonetheless, these potential surprise developments consumed the managers late into Friday night and in the wee hours Saturday, according to multiple Democrats familiar with the deliberations.

A/B

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Juicy tidbits!... Yummers... Keep 'em coming!

A/B

Thanks, A.B. And I greatly appreciate your and others feedback in this and other threads.

Nearly 60 percent say Trump should have been convicted in impeachment trial: poll | TheHill

Nearly 60 percent of Americans believe ... Trump should have been convicted during his second Senate impeachment trial, an ABC News-Ipsos poll taken shortly after the trial ended shows.

Fifty-eight percent of Americans surveyed in the new poll, which was conducted from Feb.13 to 14 and is based on a nationally representative probability sample of 547 adults, said Trump should have been convicted by the upper chamber on charges that he incited the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol last month.

The poll found that support for the conviction was starkly partisan. Almost 90 percent of respondents polled who identified as Democrats said they believe the former president should have been convicted, compared to 64 percent of those identifying as independents and 14 percent of those identifying as Republicans who said the same.

A majority of respondents agreed that the evidence brought against the former president during the trial was strong. Most polled also said they believed that senators voted during the trial based on what party they belonged to.

Fifty-six percent of respondents in the new poll said they thought the evidence against Trump in the trial was strong, while 37 percent said they thought it was weak.

A closer look at the respondents’ respective political parties also showed a clear partisan divide regarding the evidence.
OF COURSE IT DOES... when you dwell in a Koolaid induced Bizarro world of alternate realities wherein nothing Trump or CUE doesn't say is true, FACTS are readily dismissed.

ALSO:

Republicans just proved it: If the filibuster doesn't end, we cannot restore our democracy - DAILYKOS

"When a man unprincipled in private life[,] desperate in his fortune, bold in his temper … despotic in his ordinary demeanour—known to have scoffed in private at the principles of liberty—when such a man is seen to mount the hobby horse of popularity—to join in the cry of danger to liberty—to take every opportunity of embarrassing the General Government & bringing it under suspicion—to flatter and fall in with all the non sense of the zealots of the day—It may justly be suspected that his object is to throw things into confusion that he may 'ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.'" - Hamilton

Lover man

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
The 43 Repubs had the chance to rid themselves of dumpy once and for all, but not surprisingly they choose the cowardly way out by enabling his behavior even further by not convicting so they are now a cult of no accountability or morals.

Reactions: b.c.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So, so disappointing!:

WashingtonPost.com
:
Late-night talks and a moment of chaos: Inside the Democrats’ eleventh-hour decision to forgo impeachment witnesses

The debate among the House impeachment managers raged through the night, as the hours and then minutes ticked down early Saturday before what was widely expected to be the final day of former president Donald Trump’s Senate trial.

After weeks of bending to political pressure to ensure a speedy proceeding, some on the House team wanted to make one final, furious push to demand a more intensive investigation — to call witnesses to talk about Trump’s behavior before, during and after the mob attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Should they seek to call a Republican lawmaker who was willing to talk about her knowledge of Trump’s dismissive comments to the House GOP leader who pleaded with him during the riot to call off his supporters? Should they call the leader himself, Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.)? What about aides to former vice president Mike Pence, whose dramatic evacuation was caught on security video played for the first time publicly last week? Any of those moves risked extending the proceedings for weeks, but nonetheless, these potential surprise developments consumed the managers late into Friday night and in the wee hours Saturday, according to multiple Democrats familiar with the deliberations.

A/B
You do really answer the question, should the trial have gone on - with the same inevitable result - or should the President start to repair the country.
The enquiry will in itself answer any lingering doubts though take time, meanwhile I'm sure there are many out there biding time before launching lawsuits against Trump, not least of all Palm Beach

Reactions: ActionBuddy