The Truth About Health Care

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
How come we need to buy a new tv every 5 years instead of having one which costs twice as much but lasts 4 times as long? Er, that first choice would mean twice the economic growth but no one is better off the slightest bit. Probably they have to spend more time in a factory making those TVs.

That has everything to do with technology and the consumer demand for everything to get smaller and faster. If a consumer market really tried to keep on pace with the latest technologies, we'd be spending a hell of a lot more than we are currently for a TV, a computer or whatever electronic device we now have in our possessions.

Even if a device has a shelf span of 5 years before it is viewed as obsolete, the average user can use most of these things for a lot longer before they, themselves, will get the itch to get something new. Despite my obsession with anything that beeps, I'm also under the impression of using things until they don't work anymore or until my needs surpass what the unit provides. Progressive technologies keep people employed and helps us make more useful products to make our lives easier. It may not always lead to economic growth in every sector, but it keeps cash flow moving which is really important.