"the Untouchables"

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
You do realize just how cheesy this looks, I hope.
"A very highly popular member and important member was banned when the Tos rules were broken and repeated broken over a certain incident. I won't go into the details as that is confidential information which the mods agreed to at that time. And I am not about to break an agreement that was made by the mods at that time.

Some may know the story. No need asking. I am not commenting on that further."

I'm not familiar with, nor particularly interested in, the specific story. This is pure bull shit. Your busting a gut to get the information. Everyone here knows this except you. But the insight into the operations of the mods and their secret treaties is interesting, I have been a mod since the beginning. I have never heard of treaties until now. even if unsurprising. So a "highly popular and important member" was banned, and the mods decided the best thing to do was hush it up. Isn't that just marvelous. Rot spreads best in the dark.

As usual for you, the point of the post went right over your head.
I know you enjoy stiring the pot and making fun of the mods and all.

I'm sorry that it has taken you this long to figure out that we don't make a post list each day of banned members and why they are banned. Nor do we post for public viewing every complaint we get. We do investigate every complaint.

When this member was banned we discussed it and decided that we wouldn't bring that member and his situation up. That was early on and it is pretty standard now to not go on the board and make a big deal out of it when we have to send a warning or ban a member. We just do it and move on. Most people don't want the fact they received a warning posted all over the LPSG. BD have you thought of that?
"Rot spreads beset in the dark."

BD, you really need to take this up with the owner of this site. You need to send him a pm letting him know that he the cause of "Rot spreads beset in the dark."
I hope it's finally clear to even the LPSG cheerleaders why not everyone thinks the mods are doing the bang-up job their boosters like to claim.
I think you have made that point quite clear every chance you get. At least you are consistent, you have never missed an opportunity to make fun of the mods if an opportunity arises.

Do you really think we are losing sleep over this? Hardly. You name says it all. You picked it quite well. It fits you perfectly Big Dirigible. Hot gas and lots of it.

I don't know how good a job I am doing as a moderator. I try. But I know that the other moderators have done outstanding jobs. The other moderators have done lots of work to keep this place running smoothly trying not to censor opinions or posts.

I will be the first to admit we aren't perfect. And I know we have made some errors. But I know I really try to be fair, consistent, and help members if I can.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know how good a job I am doing as a moderator. I try. But I know that the other moderators have done outstanding jobs. The other moderators have done lots of work to keep this place running smoothly trying not to censor opinions or posts.

I will be the first to admit we aren't perfect. And I know we have made some errors. But I know I really try to be fair, consistent, and help members if I can.

Freddie, I say this with the utmost respect to you, so please don't take this as me being critical or derisive towards you.

You don't have to justify yourself to anyone, and especially not Big Dirge. Whatever you say to him falls on deaf ears because he is only here to piss and moan no matter what happens. He has nothing substantial to add to the conversations here at LPSG, and trying to argue with him is as effective and pleasureable as banging your head repeatedly against a brick wall.

Being a moderator or an admin is a shit job that does come with a few perks, and there are always going to be people that feel the need to snipe at you because the entire idea of having moderators makes them jealous and angry because they feel like the odd man out.

The more you try to justify yourself to these trolls, the better they feel and the deeper the knife goes in your back. What you see as defending yourself they see as admission of weakness and therefore more reason to attack. You don't need to defend yourself. You're doing a job and Big Dirge is not doing anything but piss and moan. Stop playing his game. The only thing you're doing is giving him more material for his buttshit ranting.

You mods as individuals and as a group are better than the people that mad-bash for sport. They aren't worth acknowledging any further.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
And who said he hates moderators? There was an account hinting at some less-than-stellar behavior behind the scenes in moderator-land, and someone with a novelty nick suspiciously like mine pointed out the fairly obvious fact that it was indeed less than stellar. This translates into hatred, how? A failure to address what might be a relatively serious matter may gain them a drop in stature in some quarters, but that's not quite the same thing as hate.
I wasn't goin to say anything else. But you don't know what the hell you are talking about. You are filling in blanks with possible answers when there is nothing there. My point was that yes we have had to ban people who were considered by some to be "very important." The evidence was overwhelming. A simple policy was started at that time, not to publically comment every time we ban someone. In that particular case, we wondered if members would notice. As it happened, the subject never came up on the board.

I would guess without looking at about 10 people have been banned in the past two weeks. Some for spamming and some for being underage. I don't plan to go to the file and make a weekly list and reasons.

And I'm sure you are going to get your panties in a wad that there is a file seen only by moderators and administrators of mderator's actions and why. Yep we do take notes and refer back to how a particular problem might have been handled in the past and yes we use the ToS as our guide on taking actions.

You've bitched and bitched how every thing is SOOOO secret. And I'm sure you will find something to bitch about becasue I explained just then that keep notes and follow the ToS to the best of our abillity.

Come on, BD, the Supreme Court has nine justices to judge what is consittutional and what it not. And there are lost of 5 to 4 decisions.

We are a lot like a court, we interpret the ToS by consensus as we try to moderate the board. I'm quite sure that if we don't do our jobs well, it will be Rob E. the owner, not BD the member who will make that decision.

BD. You have judged this situation without any evidence whatsoever.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
And who said he hates moderators? There was an account hinting at some less-than-stellar behavior behind the scenes in moderator-land, and someone with a novelty nick suspiciously like mine pointed out the fairly obvious fact that it was indeed less than stellar. This translates into hatred, how? A failure to address what might be a relatively serious matter may gain them a drop in stature in some quarters, but that's not quite the same thing as hate.
I guess hyperbole and embellishment mean nothing to you.

OR

"My Failed Attempts of Using Figurative Language."

I seriously think I have AS. >_>

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I wasn't goin to say anything else. But you don't know what the hell you are talking about. You are filling in blanks with possible answers when there is nothing there. My point was that yes we have had to ban people who were considered by some to be "very important." The evidence was overwhelming. A simple policy was started at that time, not to publically comment every time we ban someone. In that particular case, we wondered if members would notice. As it happened, the subject never came up on the board.

I would guess without looking at about 10 people have been banned in the past two weeks. Some for spamming and some for being underage. I don't plan to go to the file and make a weekly list and reasons.

And I'm sure you are going to get your panties in a wad that there is a file seen only by moderators and administrators of mderator's actions and why. Yep we do take notes and refer back to how a particular problem might have been handled in the past and yes we use the ToS as our guide on taking actions.

You've bitched and bitched how every thing is SOOOO secret. And I'm sure you will find something to bitch about becasue I explained just then that keep notes and follow the ToS to the best of our abillity.

Come on, BD, the Supreme Court has nine justices to judge what is consittutional and what it not. And there are lost of 5 to 4 decisions.

We are a lot like a court, we interpret the ToS by consensus as we try to moderate the board. I'm quite sure that if we don't do our jobs well, it will be Rob E. the owner, not BD the member who will make that decision.

BD. You have judged this situation without any evidence whatsoever.
Every board that has a moderator status has a secret or hidden forum.... I'll second Snoozan, don't bother putting yourself at BD's level... he'll only piss and moan more.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Snoozan--that post was spot-on. Thanks for coming back and being you. HUG.

Freddie--you and I hace stood shoulder to shoulder since I first joined this place. Heed Snoozan's words. Love you, bro.