The US Constitution, prostituted

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Someone please explain to me, how an idiot like Scalia makes it into the Supreme Court.

I couldn't believe my poor little eyes when I was reading a quote by him. He stated that no part of the US Constitution guarantees the right to homosexual behavior.

News flash: no part of the US Constitution guarantees the right to heterosexual behavior, either. It does guarantee equal protection under the law, and it does state that the rights of citizens are not restricted to those enumerated. What part of "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" does he not understand?

When will these morons realize that the Constitution is designed, not to limit the rights of the people, but to limit the powers of the government?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are you a fucking commie pinko fag? Limit the government, why that's treasonous.

He's the exact kind of person we SHOULD fear, and vehemently. The same kind who could read the Bible and deduce from it that Jesus hated homos, even though the word "Homosexual" wasn't invented until the 1800's, and Jesus was conspicuously silent on the issue! haha, stupidity is funny, until you realise the stupid are in power.

Wipe your ass with copies of Roe v. Wade, wave goodbye to your fantasies of gay equality. We have a New World Order reading our documents of government, and now TRANSLATING them. Dirty, filthy scumbags.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
But he's so cute--in a weird nightmarish sort of way. Supreme Court Clowns--er, justices, are similar in so many ways to so many politicians. Most of the decisions seem to be based on what some high collared prissy lady and her buttoned up stuffed shirt husband claim to be their views. Personally I think we ought to give them all a taste of their own medicine and then oust them (hey, it's just an idea). Then again maybe old Antonin just needs a good training session in being a queer--send him over to me and I'll un-straighten him out.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Onslow said:
But he's so cute--in a weird nightmarish sort of way. Supreme Court Clowns--er, justices, are similar in so many ways to so many politicians. Most of the decisions seem to be based on what some high collared prissy lady and her buttoned up stuffed shirt husband claim to be their views. Personally I think we ought to give them all a taste of their own medicine and then oust them (hey, it's just an idea). Then again maybe old Antonin just needs a good training session in being a queer--send him over to me and I'll un-straighten him out.

*bats eyelashes relentlessly* My hero!

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I rarely have the words to express my disappointment and disdain in these instances. THIS is why the last two presidential elections were so hotly fought. I was not about being the president, but rather about who would shape the Supreme Court for the next 40 years. UGH.

D_Herin_Ghan

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
madame_zora said:
Are you a fucking commie pinko fag? Limit the government, why that's treasonous.

Err...Zora? Are you familiar with what commie pinko fags think about the size of the gov't? That sentence you got there is very much backwards, no?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LINittanyLion said:
Err...Zora? Are you familiar with what commie pinko fags think about the size of the gov't? That sentence you got there is very much backwards, no?

Maybe I don't, feel free to enlighten me. I was trying to make a joke, but it might have missed.

edit- I was taking a stab at Macarthyism and how everyone who objected to the government was labelled a communist sympathiser, I actually have very little knowledge about the tenets of communism.

Orlando_8

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is my favorite quote..
"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution. They don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible."
We could only hope such was true in this day and age..

Webster

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lex said:
I rarely have the words to express my disappointment and disdain in these instances. THIS is why the last two presidential elections were so hotly fought. I was not about being the president, but rather about who would shape the Supreme Court for the next 40 years. UGH.
This is something I've said for quite some time. We can pretty easily change the president and members of Congress. But, the Supremes are in for life. I'm still an optimist. And, I have faith that Kennedy, Souter, and Breyer will consistently be the swing votes that we need to hold off the radical right wing religious nuts.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Webster said:
This is something I've said for quite some time. We can pretty easily change the president and members of Congress. But, the Supremes are in for life. I'm still an optimist. And, I have faith that Kennedy, Souter, and Breyer will consistently be the swing votes that we need to hold off the radical right wing religious nuts.

Most people are unable to look or think long term, Webster. We are a nation of people who demand instant gratification. Sad in the end. Most Americans don't even fully comprehend how our government works and how the three branches are supposed to check/balance each other. No other nation with our level of access to education educates a more ignorant citizenry. SIGH.

Lucky_Luke

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
DC_DEEP said:
Someone please explain to me, how an idiot like Scalia makes it into the Supreme Court.
Easy: politics.

The legislatures are paralyzed between the popular voters and the 'corporate interest' when issues get too hot. In this environment, the Courts have become the supreme political battlefield. Ergo, Scalia is a political warrior appointed to the supreme battlefield. Scalia's actions on the court are always 'politically Republican', not consistently 'judicially conservative'. Indeed, as this comment (as well as the Florida 2000 decision) shows, Scalia can be a bit of a radical when it comes to the Constitution. It is the politics of the right that he's loyal to.

DC_DEEP said:
When will these morons realize that the Constitution is designed, not to limit the rights of the people, but to limit the powers of the government?
The are not morons. They know exactly what they are doing. They are turning those powers of the Constitution upside down for some very good reasons (their own of course) and are doing a pretty good job of it so far...

That being said, from a cynical leftwing perspective, I'd say Bush's two appointments haven't looked too bad so far. Roberts looks like he might be okay. Alito's a bit scary, but hey, Bush did win the right to make the appointments. A few years down the road and these two guys might cancel each other out.

D_Claude Hopper

Experimental Member
Media
It's only a matter of time until there is a very public backlash against the current state of affairs. Also, remember that Justices on the supreme court do sometimes change their stance over time. Take Mrs. O'Conner for instance during her tenure on the court. She is a prime example of how justices change over time. It happens when you don't have to worry about getting fired. That gives me hope. The way I think of the way things are is a lot like throwing a boomerang. There's always a breakover point before it rips back toward where it came from.

Like I said, there'll be a backlash, a pointed Democratic backlash if the blue collar party can ever remember that they are the blue collar party and not whiny hollywood actors in training.

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Just be lucky that you're not living in Canada. We have our Charter of
Rights and Freedoms, which was brought in by that Commie Bastard
Treudeau. This flawed piece of crap has ruined a once great country,
by giving more rights to non citizens, criminals in jail, the so called French
minority, ect. ect. ect.

Seems that people who have had roots here don't count for shit, but some
Dirt bag can land here with no money,no job,no education and have the
whole world handed to him/her/it on a silver platter.

Sorry for the rant, but it sure felt good.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Public schools were started nation wide after the American Revolution to train the children to be good citizens. The intention was not to make great mathmaticians, writiters or even readers. That wa secondary. And it was the Massachusetts Bay Colony that set up religious schools in the 1699's before the American Revolution.

But alas, we teach names of battles, dates for wars, names of generals. But citizenship, laws, consequences. Come now, not in public school. No way no how

And I understand Justice Thomas believes that it is OK for state legislatures to select a state religion for their state. It is just wrong for the federal goverment to do it natinwide.

Are we not in for a rough ride.:eek:

Oncamale28

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
DC_DEEP said:

I couldn't believe my poor little eyes when I was reading a quote by him. He stated that no part of the US Constitution guarantees the right to homosexual behavior.

News flash: no part of the US Constitution guarantees the right to heterosexual behavior, either. It does guarantee equal protection under the law, and it does state that the rights of citizens are not restricted to those enumerated. What part of "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" does he not understand?

..as soon as we kick the current administation out...

Oncamale28

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
jakeatolla said:
minority, ect. ect. ect.

..we'll at least u have ur big dick to look foward 2

Lucky_Luke

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
jakeatolla said:
minority, ect. ect. ect.

I for one am thankful I live in Canada.

Veiled racism is ugly.