dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
for experiences, tips & insights.

let's be all educational & shit.

Vaginismus - Introduction

Vaginismus is when the muscles around the vagina tighten (contract) against your will, causing the vagina to spasm. In some cases, this can be quite painful.
It is a psychological problem that shows itself in a physical way and is common among women, especially those in their late teens to thirties.
The vagina muscles go into spasm, usually in response to the vagina or vulva being touched before sexual intercourse. It can also happen if penetration of the vagina by the penis (sexual intercourse) is attempted, or during a gynaecological examination. Some women find that they cannot use tampons when they have a period (menstruate) because of vaginismus.
Vaginismus can cause distress and relationship problems. It can also create problems when it comes to starting a family.
It is untrue that women who have vaginismus do not like or want to have sex. In fact, many women with this condition enjoy closeness and share sexual pleasure with their partner. They are able to achieve orgasm during mutual masturbation, through foreplay and oral sex. It is only when sexual intercourse is suggested or attempted that the vagina tightens to prevent penetration.
Vaginismus can disrupt or completely stop your sex life and make gynaecological and pelvic examinations difficult or impossible. In some cases, a woman may need an anaesthetic before a doctor can perform an examination.
Many factors cause vaginismus. Some women have had the condition all their adult lives and may never have had sex because of it. With others, it may be due to other reasons, e.g. a difficult childbirth or sexual trauma.
Vaginismus is not rare and it is likely that many women will experience it at some time in their life, even if they have had a previous sexual history of enjoyable and painless sex.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Vaginismus is not rare and it is likely that many women will experience it at some time in their life, even if they have had a previous sexual history of enjoyable and painless sex.

Depressing.

So just as men, ongoing or occasionally, can't get it up, women, ongoing or occasionally, won't be able to get it open.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Depressing.

So just as men, ongoing or occasionally, can't get it up, women, ongoing or occasionally, won't be able to get it open.
ain't life grand?

but it can be treated! and, seeing as lots of women are too upset to talk to their doc, it's good if guys know it exists.

Blocko

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i'm informed that the sensation, from a guy's point of view, of an attack mid-boink are, 'OUCH!!!!! SHIT!!!'

so maybe you'd best not :smile:

Having been on the receiving end of said attacks, I can attest to that. In mid thrust, it is akin to someone stroking your cock so hard the skin rips off (not that it does, it just feels like that). Having been in a relationship with a woman who was not only a sufferer of vaginismus but also naturally quite narrow down there, this can not only damage a couples sex life, it can make someone you love tenderly and try and be ever so gentle with associate sex with pain as to break the trust bond of the relationship itself.

I wish at the time I'd known more about it, so that I could've understood what was going on and I'm glad now that other people reading this who end up in the same condition will have a chance.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wish at the time I'd known more about it, so that I could've understood what was going on and I'm glad now that other people reading this who end up in the same condition will have a chance.
thanks for sharing that.
it's no fun for the guy either.

hopefully this thread will help someone.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for posting this. So many folks are under the impression that the woman is just sexually repressed. Vaginismus is an involuntary muscular response to the body registering entry and associating it with pain. It can also be caused by sensitization from a previous yeast or bacterial infection. The best thing that can be done for the unlucky woman with it and man or woman who loves her is to be patient and kind in the face of frustration. On the vaginismus.com site there are dilators that can be used to slowly recondition the vagina into being able to open up enough to enjoy intercourse again or at all.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
including some of the women, who blame themselves.

Sadly, even on this site I have seen women, who in their all knowing ignorance, have accused other women of being manipulative with their men and have advised them sight unseen to leave them because of this problem. I hope the situation never affects them. If it does I hope someone will be more compassionate to them than they are to others.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sadly, even on this site I have seen women, who in their all knowing ignorance, have accused other women of being manipulative with their men and have advised them sight unseen to leave them because of this problem. I hope the situation never affects them. If it does I hope someone will be more compassionate to them than they are to others.
you get ignorant shit heads in both genders.

simbablk

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One of my former girlfriends suffered with this. She enjoyed sex very much but found it difficult to get started. And as you can imagine, it doesn't help if her partner is large. So it would take us about 15 minutes before I finally had my whole cock inside her and she was relaxed enough for me to begin thrusting into her. Yes, cumbersome and (oftentimes) frustrating, but worth taking your time if you truly care about the person and their sexual satisfaction. She was my squirter too!

So yeah, this does exist and yes, it is good if men knew about this so that if (when) this ever happened they would know how to conduct themselves accordingly.

Simba