Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
There is a thread in Relationships that has kind of irked me. It’s about women hitting a “wall” after 30 in terms of sexual attractiveness. It’s quite insulting, actually. I’ve read it a few times trying to make sense out of a few of the posts.

Setting aside the MRA revenge fantasy bullshit, what is this crap about “value” increasing and decreasing with age? And why is it tied to physical and sexual attractiveness? Trading up in relationships? Who are these people? Do I know any of them?

I know that I have never placed much value on my physical appearance. I’ve always valued my intellect, my humour, my ability to relate to people. Sure, I knew I was attractive, but that wasn’t that important to me. As I’ve gotten older, I feel more powerful. More sexually sure of myself, more attractive, more confident. But apparently I have less “value” because I’m a woman in her fifties! Unwanted, sexually dead to men, practically a wizened hag. Who knew?

I know a lot of women my age that feel the same way. We aren’t chasing relationships. Happily single. Financially secure. Many with divorces in the rear view mirror or widowed and finally free of having a man to tie us down. Sexually open to pursue who we want or free to say we don’t want some jerk sweating on top of us.

Age can be freedom and power. Not a matter of value in relation to a man’s desire.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I'm loving the fact that my over 30 year old ass is finally "worthless" in the eyes of ACTUAL worthless pieces of flesh.

We're not supposed to say that we're "better" than anyone else. I'm way fucking better at humaning than the trash that posted in that thread.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm loving the fact that my over 30 year old ass is finally "worthless" in the eyes of ACTUAL worthless pieces of flesh.

We're not supposed to say that we're "better" than anyone else. I'm way fucking better at humaning than the trash that posted in that thread.
There does come an age of “invisibility” for most women. Usually during the 40’s or 50’s when guys stop sending drinks over and catcalls stop on the street. At first it’s kind of strange, but then it’s such a wonderful feeling to be treated like a human being. I used to have to overcome being pretty at work to get people to take me seriously, now I’m automatically listened to. Must be what a man feels like all the time!

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think someone there has me on ignore. Good.
Well what you said in the other thread didn’t fit with what they were selling, did it. Might as well ignore it. What 50 year old woman is still sexually attractive? Does not compute. Must ignore.

Unlike you, I’m not beating them off with sticks, but I could still get laid tonight if I chose. I’m still far from my expiration date. :joy:

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Honestly, I don't the no we're were the problem. We're not getting less attractive - it's just the men getting less energetic.

I know exactly who I want and how I'll get him. No matter his age etcetera.

But I also get increasingly picky and often I just can't be bothered. Men can be so immature even they get older. And boy, do they let themselves go...

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Honestly, I don't the no we're were the problem. We're not getting less attractive - it's just the men getting less energetic.

I know exactly who I want and how I'll get him. No matter his age etcetera.

But I also get increasingly picky and often I just can't be bothered. Men can be so immature even they get older. And boy, do they let themselves go...
I’ve been on dating apps. I’ve seen what’s out there at my age. Honestly, being single is far preferable. I think there’s a reason guys my age go for younger women - they might be the only ones dumb enough to date them. I’m no longer malleable, nor needing someone to look after me in anyway. I can buy my own clothes, jewelry, take my own vacations. And I certainly don’t need a man to cook for, pick up after, or play arm candy to.

I’ve said it before, if I was ever to get in another relationship again, it would have to be with a fully evolved male in a true partnership. And since I’m pretty happy on my own, I don’t see that happening any time soon. I’m cool with that.

I will say that besides expressing and presenting myself in ways that reflect my identifying as gender queer... it is a damn relief in many cases for how men treat me, when they think I'm not a woman.

I am more self-assured, know myself better, etc than I ever was before being in my 30s. For whatever it's worth, with both positives and negatives, people think I'm younger than my actual age the majority of the time when they see me. You couldn't pay me enough to be 20 again. The barest hint of some wrinkles forming, the occasional white hair aren't in any way enough to make me unhappy about the poise and life experience I've gained.

I recently turned 40. The people at work were genuinely shocked. Everybody says that I look much younger as if it's a positive or envious thing, but I think that the only time I enjoy it is when someone speaks to me as if I'm a girl, and I respond in a cunty 40 yr old way.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
By 30 I think most women have learnt not to waste their time and energy on anyone who values them purely for their looks, and reduces their value to that.

Every decade past 30 for a woman, she has incredible potential to care less and less what others think. Do it right and by 80 you’ll be wearing too much red lipstick, cursing like a trucker, and chasing male nurses at your appointments. Absolutely zero fucks given. Wine night may end at 9, but damn it, you still like to hang with the ladies and dally with that cute 60 yr old at the senior’s centre.

I will say that besides expressing and presenting myself in ways that reflect my identifying as gender queer... it is a damn relief in many cases for how men treat me, when they think I'm not a woman.

I am more self-assured, know myself better, etc than I ever was before being in my 30s. For whatever it's worth, with both positives and negatives, people think I'm younger than my actual age the majority of the time when they see me. You couldn't pay me enough to be 20 again. The barest hint of some wrinkles forming, the occasional white hair aren't in any way enough to make me unhappy about the poise and life experience I've gained.

And it gets better.

I recently turned 40. The people at work were genuinely shocked. Everybody says that I look much younger as if it's a positive or envious thing, but I think that the only time I enjoy it is when someone speaks to me as if I'm a girl, and I respond in a cunty 40 yr old way.

Most people don't seem to understand my irritation when they guess I'm 20ish, or God forbid that I'm 19. I'm quite comfy in my 30s. I'm a grown ass woman and want to be treated as such. "Oh you should be so glad you look so young!"

No.

Grumpy Cat face No.

There does come an age of “invisibility” for most women. Usually during the 40’s or 50’s when guys stop sending drinks over and catcalls stop on the street. At first it’s kind of strange, but then it’s such a wonderful feeling to be treated like a human being. I used to have to overcome being pretty at work to get people to take me seriously, now I’m automatically listened to. Must be what a man feels like all the time!
I think that invisibility might be due to choice for a lot of women. So much of what men consider attractive is fake in the first place anyway.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have no idea how old I look. Of course everyone says I look younger, but who knows. I know how I feel. Essentially that’s what’s most important.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think that invisibility might be due to choice for a lot of women. So much of what men consider attractive is fake in the first place anyway.
Maybe, but I don’t remember making that choice. I think it’s when you clearly are of the age that you could have adult children. You’re just not putting off that 20/30 something vibe. Then it’s the super young guys looking for a MILF.

Reactions: rtg and bwhip1011

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

Nah, I didn't do any of that "fake" bullshit in my 20's to impress any goddamn man. I did the same thing I do now in my 30's.

What men find attractive is a warm hole. (#notallmen, #justthefuckingassholes)

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I haven't given a single fuck about what a man thinks of me since... well, now that I think about it.. ever.

I wonder how it feels for a rando to know that the women he considers of lesser value wouldn't fuck him with a loaner vagina from dealership?

Haha! Fucking idjits

My spooky ass did some wild fucking eyeliner doodles and such from 18 to early 20s. It damn sure wasn't to please anyone but myself. I'm still a Goth at heart, but AZ living wrecked havoc on my wardrobe. More often than not, from my 20s to present, any makeup I wear is at home when I'm playing with colors.

Clothing has been for comfort for years. Flip flops, maxi skirts, t-shirts, etc. Ooh baby, so sexy with my loose clothing and crew neck collars *wiggles eyebrows all sexy like* :kissing_heart: