The Vampire Diaries or True Blood: Which TV show is better?

The Vampire Diaries or True Blood: Which TV show is better?

• The Vampire Diaries

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • True Blood

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • I like both shows

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I don't like either show

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • I've never watched them

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters

I realize I'm a little late to the party, but which TV show is better?

The Vampire Diaries or True Blood?

Please vote for your favorite!

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
True Blood. Alexander Skarsgard? Oh yeah.....

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Never could get into True Blood.

Underworld. Now there's a great vampire series...Awakening opens in 2 more weeks! Yaaay

Last edited:

blkbro510

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Vampire Diaries is the best because they never disappoint week after week. Just when you thought you understood what is going on and then BAM! there's a twist and plot line.

M

Mr Ed in Mass

I've spent my whole life killing those damn things,why would I want to watch them on TV

Thanks to everyone who participated in this poll.

I plan on renting True Blood: Season 1 this week!

I like the other one better, vampire Bill. He's hot. The one played by Alexander Skarsgard is a jerk.

Ummm.. I think you're behind in watching the show. Cause Bill isn't as much of a white knight as he seems. Plus he's too whiny to me. Eric (Erik?) is what I think of when I think of a vampire. Not some basically vegetarian pussy :p

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ummm.. I think you're behind in watching the show. Cause Bill isn't as much of a white knight as he seems. Plus he's too whiny to me. Eric (Erik?) is what I think of when I think of a vampire. Not some basically vegetarian pussy :p

LOL, well, that sums up female fans of the show. There are Bill girls and Eric girls. :tongue:

I don't think whiny is a term I would have used to describe Bill. I still like him better. I like dark haired guys with intense eyes. Eric's jackass schtick is good for comic relief and it's entertaining, but I'm a lot more attracted to guys like Bill.

I read some of the books during the first season. I didn't think much of them. The show is much better. I saw how she basically decided to change directions and make Eric a more sympathetic love interest, which rubbed me the wrong way because I already liked Bill so much. Alan Ball took out all the things I didn't like in the first one which I thought made the show a lot better. It made me feel like we were sharing a brain or like he had anticipated my own opinions about the book and then made the show suit my tastes.

Eric is also an example of a common romantic trope about the asshole guy who changes for just the right girl (or once he's found love), which sort of annoys me because I don't really believe that guy actually exists outside of fiction.

Last edited:

I still think Eric is an asshole... just, I find him more physically appealing. And I don't like how manipulative -either- of them are. Shit, if we're going off of guys I would date, Sam is probably the closest. He has a whole bunch of things he seems to be working through, but he's a nice guy. Eric I wouldn't mind having for a night or two, though :tongue:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I still think Eric is an asshole... just, I find him more physically appealing. And I don't like how manipulative -either- of them are. Shit, if we're going off of guys I would date, Sam is probably the closest. He has a whole bunch of things he seems to be working through, but he's a nice guy. Eric I wouldn't mind having for a night or two, though :tongue:

Agree!

Well, the entire cast is just gorgeous! I wouldn't kick any of the male characters out of bed. :tongue: