The Vampire Diaries or True Blood: Which TV show is better?

The Vampire Diaries or True Blood: Which TV show is better?

• The Vampire Diaries

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • True Blood

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • I like both shows

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I don't like either show

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • I've never watched them

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This! Buffy was the best ever.

I watched the first couple of seasons of True Blood. Gave it up after the whole dogfighting thing. I just really bothered my that they had to rub the viewers' noses in it. Was disappointed with it, anyways. As ricki876 so eloquently put it, too many overwrought, sensational plots, too many one dimensional characters, too much "when in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout" stuff, too much stuff you have to suspend disbelief about, crappy writing, etc. So...Goodbye.

Never watched Vampire Diaries. Never saw the point. Like a television version of Twatlight.

My interest also waned by the third season but I think it's sexy enough to keep watching anyway.

I did really love the alternative universe idea of "out" vampires from the first season and the rather blatant parallels with modern day homophobia that they deal with, (although the Sookie books weren't the first books that involve vampires being "out" like that). I especially loved that it was set in Louisiana. That was a fun detail.

I watched some Vampire Diaries because Ian Sommerholder is hot. :tongue:

redz_rule

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:biggrin1:

I'm a fan of Joss Whedon's work in general. I loved Angel, Firefly, and the Dollhouse, too!

Oh me too... except Dollhouse - couldn't really get into it. Buffy was far and away my fave though. I seem to have a thing for little badass blonde chicks, because I loved Veronica Mars too! Huh.