Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Every gym's got em: the weirdos who barely (or flat-out don't use) the equipment and spend the whole time creepin on the floor or loitering in the locker rooms. What are some of your cringe-worthy or just plain uncomfortable experiences that you've gotta get off your chest?

At my 24 Hour, there's two floors: the lifting equipment's on the bottom floor and the cardio's up on a second story that overlooks the first. There's this guy who'll barely elliptical and every time i look up there, I always catch him staring at me while I lift. He'll sometimes follow me into the lockerroom, which is hella obnoxious too. I'll hightail it outta there if he's around, and I try to workout at weirder hours if I'm using that location.

ALSO: burning question: are there women's lockerroom creeps? like, weird chicks that creep in the lockerroom? you always hear about the guys' lockerroom stories but i've never heard something like that from a girl. i just didn't wanna have two super threads posted in two different places on LPSG at the same time, so i'll just roll that q into this one

patroklos68

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Lol. I got the same lil guy at my 24 Whores Fatness! He asked me to spot him on the incline bench last week and he only had 20 lbs loaded! Wasn't about to straddle him in my gym shorts so he wouldn't strain his wrists!

This is common in the locker room at my Y as well. It's like a nude beach, the ones you want to see naked don't use it, and the ones you don't want to see naked use it all of the time!

I applaud guys that are trying to get back into shape by using the gym, but there are quite a few guys at my Y who just go in to hang out naked in the locker room. I see them come into the locker room fully clothed in their street clothes, strip down and hand then hang out nude for the whole time I workout without hitting the gym floor once. This certainly explains why they are only getting fatter! I do find these guys creepy because they are not there to exercise at all which is the whole point of the place. Maybe they are voyeurs, exhibitionists, or both, but I don't think the gym is the time or place for it. There are bath houses for that sort of thing. I'll admit that I checkout a naked guy if he's hot in the locker room and shower, but I don't go there exclusively for that purpose. What can you do? Weirdos exist at every gym I have ever been to.

I never criticize a guy who is overweight and trying to do something about it because when I joined my Y, I was 40 pounds heavier and looked like shit. I couldn't even get one of the towels the Y provides around my waist because I was a 37" waist. Now that I'm a 32" waist I can easily get it around my waist and have it stay there without popping off when I move. It was a tough road, and it took years to get all of that weight off. I also went from a L to S underwear, and an XL to M shirt.

However, that being said, I detest these disgustingly overweight guys that don't exercise and hang out nude in the locker room for hours on end. I don't want to be exposed to their revolting body for a prolonged period of time. It seems that some of them go out of their way to be naked in front of me as much as possible. I don't know why they think anyone would want to see them naked. There have been quite a few guys at my Y with bellies hanging down to their knees that literally needed to lose at least 100 pounds. When I was 40 pounds overweight (anorexic compared to these guys), I was ashamed of my body even though I was trying hard to lose it through a strict diet and regular intense exercise. It's like these guys don't care at all. There was one guy I nicknamed "Shamu" because he was 200 pounds overweight, and would lounge naked in the hot tub rolling around for at least an hour ensuring that anyone else who wanted to use it wouldn't do so with him in there. He was so huge that when he was in the shower and took the head next to yours, his body would invade part of your personal space. I used to take the shower head the furthest away from him in the open shower room, and I would still get splashed by water bouncing off his grotesquely obese body making me feel that I had to wash all over again. I couldn't just wait for him to finish up because he would literally be in there for hours. Who has that kind of time to wait? I NEVER saw this guy on the gym floor. He would moan to anyone that would listen about how awful he felt, and how his doctor ordered him to lose weight. Obviously he was doing nothing to make this happen. I haven't seen him in years now. I think he may have died because he was that grossly overweight.

Another grossly overweight guy used to stare at me with his jaw dropped whenever I entered the locker room which completely unnerved me. One time he actually moved across the locker room to put on his shoes on the bench right behind the locker I had just selected! I guess he wanted a close up of me changing. I was so pissed off that I picked up my bag and moved to other end of the locker room to get changed swearing under my breath to let him know that I didn't appreciate such blatant perving. This was another guy that needed to lose at least 200 pounds, but would swim for only 5 minutes before using the locker room for hours on end. I still see him once in awhile, but avoid him as much as possible. Honestly, when guys look this gross and are standing right in front of me naked, I don't even look lower than their neck. Why would they think that anyone would want to check them out looking like that? I would like to point out that these guys always target guys like me that are in good physical shape. They never target guys that look like them because they are just as disgusted by obese guys as us fit guys are. It begs the question, why do they think we want to see them naked when they are just as grossed out by guys that look like them as we are? To fit guys that have busted their butts to get in shape (like I did), we are even more repulsed by seeing obese bodies than they are!

SoCalBaybee

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I just want to say I sympathize with you guys about locker room creeps. I have heard stories from guys about the men's locker room and guys letting their junk hang out. (Fortunately ladies are a little more respectful of each other in the locker room, maybe because they are more self-conscious, idk.) Just last week I had to report some creepy guy for unwanted lurking on the main gym floor. Every piece of equipment I was on, the guy was right there burning holes in me with his eyes, and it got pretty aggravating. I'd move and the guy was right there again. I even tried to stare the guy directly in the eye with a dirty look and make it very clear he was pissing me off, but that didn't work. I consulted the gym staff and asked if they were ok if I spoke to him myself, because if he doesn't stop I am going to chew this guy out in front of everyone. (They said yes, I could approach him about it.) He saw me pointing him out to staff, so maybe he will knock it off. My next step is to confront him or send "Big Mike" to have a talk with him. I don't mind someone casually admiring, but I don't go to be preyed upon by some loser.

It's not the first time though. I've had guys completely drop their towel in the pool or magically appear naked across from me ("oh I forgot my shorts sorry") deliberately trying to get attention, and then have the nerve to ask me out. No, it wasn't hot, and told them directly that it was not okay. It was repulsive, and I reported it. These guys are usually repeat offenders and have already been warned.

(Too bad it couldn't have been one of my favorite LPSG guys, might have made for a hot fantasy. ha ha)

Btw, not too many female lurkers/creeps. It's always some dude casually being in the same place at the same time, drinking a big gulp or loitering around the equipment he doesn't obviously know how to use.

Last edited:

AlwaysSunnyinDFW

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I just want to say I sympathize with you guys about locker room creeps. I have heard stories from guys about the men's locker room and guys letting their junk hang out. (Fortunately ladies are a little more respectful of each other in the locker room, maybe because they are more self-conscious, idk.) Just last week I had to report some creepy guy for unwanted lurking on the main gym floor. Every piece of equipment I was on, the guy was right there burning holes in me with his eyes, and it got pretty aggravating. I'd move and the guy was right there again. I even tried to stare the guy directly in the eye with a dirty look and make it very clear he was pissing me off, but that didn't work. I consulted the gym staff and asked if they were ok if I spoke to him myself, because if he doesn't stop I am going to chew this guy out in front of everyone. (They said yes, I could approach him about it.) He saw me pointing him out to staff, so maybe he will knock it off. My next step is to confront him or send "Big Mike" to have a talk with him. I don't mind someone casually admiring, but I don't go to be preyed upon by some loser.

It's not the first time though. I've had guys completely drop their towel in the pool or magically appear naked across from me ("oh I forgot my shorts sorry") deliberately trying to get attention, and then have the nerve to ask me out. No, it wasn't hot, and told them directly that it was not okay. It was repulsive, and I reported it. These guys are usually repeat offenders and have already been warned.

(Too bad it couldn't have been one of my favorite LPSG guys, might have made for a hot fantasy. ha ha)

Btw, not too many female lurkers/creeps. It's always some dude casually being in the same place at the same time, drinking a big gulp or loitering around the equipment he doesn't obviously know how to use.

oh my fuckin god, there's so much cringeworthy stuff in this. I am both hella sorry and super pissed about the dude basically stalking you on the floor. how obnoxious and kinda worrisome. i can't believe even direct fiery eye contact didn't dissuade him!

and I can't believe guys will drop their towel n shit and then ask you out like wtf that's disgusting (but you're always welcome to come workout with me at my 24 hour ;) haha)

AlwaysSunnyinDFW

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Another grossly overweight guy used to stare at me with his jaw dropped whenever I entered the locker room which completely unnerved me. One time he actually moved across the locker room to put on his shoes on the bench right behind the locker I had just selected! I guess he wanted a close up of me changing. I was so pissed off that I picked up my bag and moved to other end of the locker room to get changed swearing under my breath to let him know that I didn't appreciate such blatant perving. This was another guy that needed to lose at least 200 pounds, but would swim for only 5 minutes before using the locker room for hours on end. I still see him once in awhile, but avoid him as much as possible. Honestly, when guys look this gross and are standing right in front of me naked, I don't even look lower than their neck. Why would they think that anyone would want to check them out looking like that? I would like to point out that these guys always target guys like me that are in good physical shape. They never target guys that look like them because they are just as disgusted by obese guys as us fit guys are. It begs the question, why do they think we want to see them naked when they are just as grossed out by guys that look like them as we are? To fit guys that have busted their butts to get in shape (like I did), we are even more repulsed by seeing obese bodies than they are!

this still gets me, and i've hella been there man. reacted the same way

SoCalBaybee

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
oh my fuckin god, there's so much cringeworthy stuff in this. I am both hella sorry and super pissed about the dude basically stalking you on the floor. how obnoxious and kinda worrisome. i can't believe even direct fiery eye contact didn't dissuade him!

and I can't believe guys will drop their towel n shit and then ask you out like wtf that's disgusting (but you're always welcome to come workout with me at my 24 hour ;) haha)

Yea, I'm gona go Ronda Rousey on his ass if he doesn't knock it off. hahhaha I would work out with you if we were closer. I need some new gym friends.

AlwaysSunnyinDFW

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Yea, I'm gona go Ronda Rousey on his ass if he doesn't knock it off. hahhaha I would work out with you if we were closer. I need some new gym friends.

I'd pay good money to see that, and honestly please do! that's really not acceptable at all at a gym. and i need new gym friends too, most of my good pals have traveled away for the start of the new semester haha now it's just me n my playlists :D

SoCalBaybee

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I'd pay good money to see that, and honestly please do! that's really not acceptable at all at a gym. and i need new gym friends too, most of my good pals have traveled away for the start of the new semester haha now it's just me n my playlists :D

I'll let ya know when we throw down. hahah I think I might have scared him off for now.

this still gets me, and i've hella been there man. reacted the same way

It's pretty unbelievable, I know. He actually left all of his stuff at his locker on the other side of the locker room to walk over in his socks to put on his shoes on the seat directly in front of my locker when the locker room was practically empty! If I had continued to get changed there, he would have been only about 2 feet behind me with an eye level direct view of my dick and ass! Aside from being outrageously creepy, it was extremely inconsiderate because that would be where I would sit to put on my socks and running shoes as it was right in front of my locker.

My old workout buddy (who has an amazingly ripped body and an ass to die for) commented to me once about the same guy, "He's not here to workout" after the guy jabbered my buddy's ear off while he was getting changed after finishing up in the shower before me. I don't know what he said exactly to my buddy, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was something inappropriate and/or flirty. I had told my workout buddy the story about what happened before, but never pointed out that he was the guy that did it. Obviously other guys notice his true intentions as well.

cloverleaf

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My Y has an attendant who pulls the curtain open over the half wall between the open shower room and lockers for "ventilation" He hangs out in the locker room a lot and talks to you more likely when naked. Prior guys in his position walked through locker rooms next to never. I don't really care, but he is a creep.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Agreeing with SoCalBaybee.
It's usually males perving either locker room.
That's the privelege at work, though.
Women can make verbal contact and not stare at boobs. While females perving isn't unheard of, it is quite rare.

So, gym rats are starting to understand what it's like for women to walk down a city street?
I'm sorry you have to experience that. It's unnerving, and makes one feel vulnerable and angry.

Personally, I wouldn't say that it makes me feel vulnerable. Generally, I don't really give a damn if some other dude checks out my junk. But there is a big difference between that and staring, following and stroking in front of you.

Sometimes it can be pretty comical, though.

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I gave up the YMCA for basically the reasons described in this thread. I started going to the Y in school and the creep factor was always there in one guise or another. Right now the gym I'm at now does not seem to have a resident creep(s) that I have noticed. There are some big, somewhat un-kept guys around but they seem to just be new to gym life and struggling to develop an exercise routine. I don't have a problem with that.

I don't mind getting eyeballed from time to time, but the stalking like situations described here are too much.

SoCalBaybee

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Personally, I wouldn't say that it makes me feel vulnerable. Generally, I don't really give a damn if some other dude checks out my junk. But there is a big difference between that and staring, following and stroking in front of you.

Sometimes it can be pretty comical, though.

No, I know the difference between a hard methodical staredown and someone just admiring. You might feel ok with someone checking you out, like I am, but if someone gives you an intense uncomfortable feeling on a regular basis that is NOT okay. It's a lot different mentally for a man & woman to go through this.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
About twenty years ago I was in my mid-forties but quite a gym rat and in pretty good shape. Anyway, this guy began following me around over a couple of weeks. he would follow me into the showers, etc... What I objected to the most was that he would peek around the shower curtains at me. One night I just had enough and hung my towel on a hook, walked naked over to his shower that he was peeking out of and told him: "If I have have something you want to see just tell me and I will show it to you." There were several other guys around and he was probably mortified but really, his behavior was outrageous and he deserved it. He stopped stalking and, in fact, I don't think I saw him again.

AlwaysSunnyinDFW

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Agreeing with SoCalBaybee.
It's usually males perving either locker room.
That's the privelege at work, though.
Women can make verbal contact and not stare at boobs. While females perving isn't unheard of, it is quite rare.

So, gym rats are starting to understand what it's like for women to walk down a city street?
I'm sorry you have to experience that. It's unnerving, and makes one feel vulnerable and angry.

Whenever I'm creeped on, I always think of this. How upsetting :(

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Although I'm not a fan of gyms in general, I've occasionally wanted access to certain equipment and visited a gym. Literally every time, someone has stared at me for an uncomfortably long time - either during exercise or in the showers. It's made me avoid gyms even more than I already did. In the shower/locker room, people have leaned around corners to stare at me. I understand people briefly looking at me, but prolonged staring is creepy.

I've also experienced people 'accidentally' touching me, which is even worse. One person tried to defend a blatantly deliberate touch, by claiming he had soap in his eyes. It isn't flattering - it's creepy. The staff didn't seem to take my complaint about him seriously, either - which annoyed me. Some people aren't there to exercise; they just want to be perverts.