Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
If I was just trying to break the ice with you I wouldn't be gawking at your junk or making comments about it. In a gym situation I'd strike up the conversation out on the floor when we were both dressed. There's no way I would approach you and stand in close proximity while we were changing unless we already had an established level of comfort. I was friends with my newest (completely non-sexual) buddy for over a year before he saw me naked and that included a number of overnight trips where we shared a room. Thus it's hard for me to imagine you were off the mark for feeling exploited.

Jake1973

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
The problem then is, if he's into guys, I'd be looked at as a homophobic and I'm not. ... The leadership there is a joke, honestly. They don't care. In fact, the night guy ditches his gig always about two hours after he starts.

Yea but it is not like he was flirting in an appropriate way, or getting back positive vibes from you. I don't think that makes you homophobic. If he approached you when you were both dressed and said "Hey, man, just wanted to say I like your look and am interested in getting to know you," and you freaked out and slugged him, that would be homophobic. Defending yourself from sexual assault? Not so much.

And my last gym was the same way. It was like Lord of the Flies... run by children and no rules.

I don't see that as being sensitive at all. He was completely out of line, and to be honest, I consider stuff like that basically predatory.

I've never had anything like that happen, but I've noticed multiple guys have started taking lockers around me (when they used to choose lockers in other parts of the room), and I too can always feel eyes on me. I also know three young guys in particular who will be in full workout gear (but you never actually see them on the gym floor and their bodies show it), yet they'll rush to jump in the shower or sauna when they see me heading to either one.

In general, I don't mind glances as I'll be the first to admit that I take a healthy said share of peeks myself. But laser eyes seeing through my soul and blatantly following me are not cool. I don't know how anyone would think that's appropriate.

Anyway, I probably would have done the same as you, at least in my mind. Guys like that give us all a bad name and rap.

I think it's only natural for men to "size each other up" or whatever it's called. Curiosity gets the best of all of us and, honestly, you've got eyes, you're bound to look. It's only when people start going out of their way to act inappropriately that it becomes an issue. Let's say you and I went to the same gym. If you're the person in your profile person, I'd definitely want to ask you about your workout routine as you're more toned and sculpted than I am. Talking to other people isn't the problem. If I said, "Hey, sorry to bother you, sir, I was hoping maybe you could give me some advice on working out." If that starts a conversation, great. If you don't want to talk, that's acceptable. But if someone said to you, "Wow, man, you've got nuts like a bull.." how are you supposed to take that? I mean, I'm sure some men might be into that and consider it a compliment, but at least for me, I'd be a little awkward and unsure of what to say.

Yea but it is not like he was flirting in an appropriate way, or getting back positive vibes from you. I don't think that makes you homophobic. If he approached you when you were both dressed and said "Hey, man, just wanted to say I like your look and am interested in getting to know you," and you freaked out and slugged him, that would be homophobic. Defending yourself from sexual assault? Not so much.

And my last gym was the same way. It was like Lord of the Flies... run by children and no rules.

I'd love to have someone or a group of people to work out with, honestly, but this sort of shit ruins it and I'd much rather be left alone. You do have a point, I didn't think of it that way. What's funny is, there's 2 gyms in my home town, both of which are terribly expensive compared to PF which is 40-45 minutes away. That's the gym I go to. Anyway, one closes pretty early and has weird open hours, and the other is 24/7 but there's never anyone there at night; not even workers. Oh, and they only have a bathroom for you to shower and change in. Just one. One shower, one toilet, on room. Dead serious. Imagine going to work out during the day and having to wait to change or shower or use the bathroom.

Reactions: Gj816

Jake1973

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I'd love to have someone or a group of people to work out with, honestly, but this sort of shit ruins it and I'd much rather be left alone. You do have a point, I didn't think of it that way. What's funny is, there's 2 gyms in my home town, both of which are terribly expensive compared to PF which is 40-45 minutes away. That's the gym I go to. Anyway, one closes pretty early and has weird open hours, and the other is 24/7 but there's never anyone there at night; not even workers. Oh, and they only have a bathroom for you to shower and change in. Just one. One shower, one toilet, on room. Dead serious. Imagine going to work out during the day and having to wait to change or shower or use the bathroom.

Is it Snap? We have a gym like that here somewhere, or did. It may not still be there.

If I was just trying to break the ice with you I wouldn't be gawking at your junk or making comments about it. In a gym situation I'd strike up the conversation out on the floor when we were both dressed. There's no way I would approach you and stand in close proximity while we were changing unless we already had an established level of comfort. I was friends with my newest (completely non-sexual) buddy for over a year before he saw me naked and that included a number of overnight trips where we shared a room. Thus it's hard for me to imagine you were off the mark for feeling exploited.

Yes, yes, I agree. Approaching someone in the actual gym is the best solution, whether you're nervous or not. I actually don't mind people approaching me in the locker room, so long as it's not creepy. I have had conversations with guys who were undressed at the same time as I; mostly about what protein mix we were using and if there was any real benefit to certain diets and, just shit like that. Nudity, locker room conversation or simple curiosity doesn't bother me, I'm cool with it. The gawking, borderline stalking and bizarre comments were just off. I just wasn't sure what to think, because I haven't any friends. I'm sort of a loner, so before jumping to conclusions, my mentality was, "Wait, is this natural? Is this what male bonding is?" That thought didn't last more than ten seconds, of course. Again, I was annoyed and concerned.

I appreciate your words, sir. Thank you.

Saint Raphael

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Lol yes, that's me in the picture.

I often get asked workout questions and will ask other guys myself, but I've noticed at my gym (which is a university gym) that people tend to feel each other out a bit before asking...and that goes for me too. I've seen most of the guys who ask me for tips in the gym at least 3x per week, and they've been regulars since the fall semester. I wouldn't be offended either way, but it's "reassuring" that they are gym regulars, more so because I know they are actually serious and that I'm not wasting my time explaining things to them, and also because they are taking note of my form and the outcome of my body and see it as something desirable. (Let's be honest, who doesn't appreciate comments about their body?!)

As someone else mentioned, I don't chat up other guys in the nude unless we have established some type of cordial relationship, which is something I have started doing much more this semester. I've even noticed guys who used to do the towel dance stop the act and let it all hang out around me since we've been talking.

Since I actually am sexually attracted to guys, 9 times out of 10, I let them approach me first. I have chatted guys up who are solo in the sauna just by asking basic questions like how long they normally stay in there, or after showering by commenting how it was a much busier/slower day than usual in terms of trying to get a shower (the swim team are shower hogs, so it's a founded argument).

Many guys have tried chatting me up in the shower which I personally don't like for no reason in particular than trying to be courteous to others. I don't like hearing people's personal conversations in closed/intimate spaces, so I practice what I preach. I think that's actually turned some guys off from talking to me altogether because I will just answer their questions but not engage them or try to keep the conversation going. It's something I'll try to work on moving forward (with new people lol).

Lol yes, that's me in the picture.

I often get asked workout questions and will ask other guys myself, but I've noticed at my gym (which is a university gym) that people tend to feel each other out a bit before asking...and that goes for me too. I've seen most of the guys who ask me for tips in the gym at least 3x per week, and they've been regulars since the fall semester. I wouldn't be offended either way, but it's "reassuring" that they are gym regulars, more so because I know they are actually serious and that I'm not wasting my time explaining things to them, and also because they are taking note of my form and the outcome of my body and see it as something desirable. (Let's be honest, who doesn't appreciate comments about their body?!)

As someone else mentioned, I don't chat up other guys in the nude unless we have established some type of cordial relationship, which is something I have started doing much more this semester. I've even noticed guys who used to do the towel dance stop the act and let it all hang out around me since we've been talking.

Since I actually am sexually attracted to guys, 9 times out of 10, I let them approach me first. I have chatted guys up who are solo in the sauna just by asking basic questions like how long they normally stay in there, or after showering by commenting how it was a much busier/slower day than usual in terms of trying to get a shower (the swim team are shower hogs, so it's a founded argument).

Many guys have tried chatting me up in the shower which I personally don't like for no reason in particular than trying to be courteous to others. I don't like hearing people's personal conversations in closed/intimate spaces, so I practice what I preach. I think that's actually turned some guys off from talking to me altogether because I will just answer their questions but not engage them or try to keep the conversation going. It's something I'll try to work on moving forward (with new people lol).

Exactly, I totally agree, sir. I don't actively go out of my way to start a conversation and, if I do, it's typically with someone I've seen around more than once at the gym and it's never when we're naked. If I decide to ask a few questions, I do it whenever they're not busy, so that way I don't distract them or make them lose count or whatever. I've just had people start up conversations with me whilst undressing and, like I said, I don't want to be rude, so I go with it. I can't very well say, "Don't talk to me," because I don't think it's necessary. I think, assuming I run into the guy again, if he starts coming near me, I'll say that to him though haha.

AHandfull

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Being 52 I grew up on the very end of the "showering and naked together in the locker room is cool" era. Hell we used to go to the Racquet Club in high school and naked high school kids would jump into a whirlpool with grown men and nobody thought anything about it. There seemed to be very little obvious homosexual behavior in those days but I was pretty naive. Then when I was in my 20s, I was walking into a sauna and a guy walking out took a subtle stroke of my cock as he walked by. I recoiled in horror and said "hey asshole" and he didn't stop walking. Upon reflection of that event later on in the day I realized that I sort of liked the attention. I have a thick cock and big balls so I seem to attract the lurkers. In actuality I love the attention. I am an exhibitionist. But there is a way to observe and lust for someone and be subtle and nonoffenssive. If I see a guy who is attractive in the locker I can steal 50 glances and he will not ever know that he has an admirer. How is it that people stare and be so obvious and horrifyingly freaky? Its actually a crime, its harassment. I told a guy that once and he just smiled and strolled away. I do like the feeling of people looking at my naked body though. Undeniable.

I'm actually glad you said this because so often complaints about gym creepers are focused on the fact that the other guy being old/out of shape, leading me to wonder if the advances would be more welcome if the other person was in the OP's league. But being physically attractive doesn't give creepers a pass to ignore social cues and impose themselves on other people without any sign that their attention is wanted.

He was there again tonight, but this time he seemed more fixated on the two younger and hotter guys than me (they are in their 20s and still in peak physical shape). He was following them around the wet area like a puppy dog. I know that one of the guys he was following into the steam room and shower is gay because he and I have talked before. The gay guy and I said hello when we saw each other, but I could see he was really into the other young guy and was chatting him up quite a bit. It was funny because the other young hottie (who I have never seen in the locker room before so he must be a newbie) was quite modest and kept his towel wrapped around his waist in the steam room, and used the 1 stall in the open shower with the curtain closed. The only time he went completely naked was in the hot tub sitting beside and chatting with the gay guy. I bet he would have flipped out if he had known the guy he was chatting naked with in the hot tub is completely gay. The gay guy never acts inappropriately or gets hard, but I could see he was definitely into the other young hot guy and was being a little flirty with him. I found it funny because the other hot young guy seemed afraid by his behavior that another guy was going to see his dick and like it. Anyways, I digress. The lurker was staring at me a lot again in the open shower, but I really didn't care because he didn't say anything inappropriate to me, or try to touch me. He can stare all he wants if he like what he sees. At 51, I love getting looks from guys 20 years my junior. It means I'm doing something right. Everyone tells me I look 35, so I think the lurker would be stunned if he knew my real age. I finished up my shower before he did, and it looked like he was hanging around in the shower for the young hotties who were back in the steam room. While I was getting changed into my clothes, I saw him lean over and watch me get changed from his shower. The 2 hotties left the wet area to get changed a few minutes later, and the lurker was still in the shower I guess waiting for the next piece of eye candy to come along. I never see the lurker working out on the gym floor, so I think he is only there for what we jokingly call at my gym "an executive workout". I have to admit that I'm guilty of the odd executive workout, but I still do actually workout 3 times per week. This guy is just so blatantly staring at other guys that it's a little shocking. I do check out other hot guys when naked, but I'm very subtle about it. I guess some guys just don't know how to be subtle.

Reactions: Gj816 and chadb7
D

deleted471226

If there are any lurkers at my gym, I don't notice them. I am apart of the small minority of people who already come dressed for my workout. Therefore, I'm not in the locker room to change clothes. My time in the locker room is very brief. I generally will only hold a convo with the few guys I know well while he's stripping and even then, there will be a good amount of personal space between us. As I mentioned before, in my years of working out, there have a been a few dudes who I did want to see naked but only in passing in the locker room. I'm not standing around or waiting in the locker room just to see them.

My pet peeve would have to be the dabblers: the ones who flit around from machine and do one set, then sit on it for awhile, then go to the next and do one set. C'mon buddy, shit or get off the pot! What's the point of doing one set of 8 or 9 reps and then moving on??

Odds are good they'll be using the machine you want to use. The good thing is, they won't be long.

The other thing that's kinda annoying, although it's probably been mentioned already are the screamers. You know the ones: guys who want to let the whole world know how hardcore and badass they are because they can curl the 100 pound dumbbells or do 10 reps of bench presses with 350 pounds, so with each rep they scream and groan like they're passing a watermelon through their urethra. Then they drop the weight on the ground with an earth shaking rumble just to call additional attention to themselves. We get it, buddy. You're powerful. Now shut up so I can hear the music in my earphones while I lift.

Hey, I grunt and groan a little too sometimes, but not at the top of my lungs.

Jake1973

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
he other thing that's kinda annoying, although it's probably been mentioned already are the screamers. You know the ones: guys who want to let the whole world know how hardcore and badass they are because they can curl the 100 pound dumbbells or do 10 reps of bench presses with 350 pounds, so with each rep they scream and groan like they're passing a watermelon through their urethra.

Have you noticed these guys also have a tendency to be lifting in jeans? I mean, I guess it could explain the screaming!

Reactions: Gj816 and Toddcc987

nokia88

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Today during my dead-lift set, a guy decided to use the chest press machine which is in front of the dead-lift rack, very close to each otter. The distance between my ass and his face was like 4ft. Pretty weird. I stopped because i lost focus and waited when he was finished.

Reactions: Gj816 and Joshfries

Joshfries

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
New gripe.
There is a man at my gym who is a larger man. I am not body shaming- I am a thicker guy-- its just important for this visual. He is a guy who sits in the locker room and complains to everyone about being fat, but Ive never seen him in the actual gym. He just walks from his locker, to the sauna, the shower-- about 20 times.
Now-- my gym provides towels, and this guy is too large for the towel to go around him. So he puts one end of the towel in his mouth and then tucks part of it under his belly... so he walks around with his ass out and just looking a hot mess.

Reactions: nokia88 and Gj816

Rural Juror

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
My gym creeper is borderline stalking. So in my hood a faceless Grindr profile messages me wanting me meet. I politely ask him to identify themselves if he really wanted to communicate. He didn’t reply. So figured that was that, just one of those type of faceless dudes. A week or so later at my gym this profile messages me again saying he saw me in the sauna and locker room. I don’t flaunt but I shower naked. He still never identifies himself just sends a pic of his dick. I told him that’s kinda creepy and who are you. Doesn’t reply again. I just kinda ignored this guy. Few weeks later I check y messages after I left the gym. He sent me more messages saying he was standing really close to me and looking at my body. I’m not a towel dancer so he saw it all I’m guessing. I got angry at him again. So basically I have an unknown creeper who randomly follows me around the locker room. Even if I block this guy on Grindr I still have no idea who he is. ‍♂️

Braalian82

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My pet peeve would have to be the dabblers: the ones who flit around from machine and do one set, then sit on it for awhile, then go to the next and do one set. C'mon buddy, shit or get off the pot! What's the point of doing one set of 8 or 9 reps and then moving on??

Odds are good they'll be using the machine you want to use. The good thing is, they won't be long.

The other thing that's kinda annoying, although it's probably been mentioned already are the screamers. You know the ones: guys who want to let the whole world know how hardcore and badass they are because they can curl the 100 pound dumbbells or do 10 reps of bench presses with 350 pounds, so with each rep they scream and groan like they're passing a watermelon through their urethra. Then they drop the weight on the ground with an earth shaking rumble just to call additional attention to themselves. We get it, buddy. You're powerful. Now shut up so I can hear the music in my earphones while I lift.

Hey, I grunt and groan a little too sometimes, but not at the top of my lungs.
But you got to admit, benching 350 for ten reps is pretty badass. Maybe they’re loud because it really is a lot of weight

My gym creeper is borderline stalking. So in my hood a faceless Grindr profile messages me wanting me meet. I politely ask him to identify themselves if he really wanted to communicate. He didn’t reply. So figured that was that, just one of those type of faceless dudes. A week or so later at my gym this profile messages me again saying he saw me in the sauna and locker room. I don’t flaunt but I shower naked. He still never identifies himself just sends a pic of his dick. I told him that’s kinda creepy and who are you. Doesn’t reply again. I just kinda ignored this guy. Few weeks later I check y messages after I left the gym. He sent me more messages saying he was standing really close to me and looking at my body. I’m not a towel dancer so he saw it all I’m guessing. I got angry at him again. So basically I have an unknown creeper who randomly follows me around the locker room. Even if I block this guy on Grindr I still have no idea who he is. ‍♂️
That is creepy. Like, face-eatingly, Hannibal Lechter-esque creepy. Messaging you telling you he's watching you?

Jeez. Hopefully it'll wear off and he'll obsess on someone else eventually.

But you got to admit, benching 350 for ten reps is pretty badass. Maybe they’re loud because it really is a lot of weight
Admittedly that's true. But you can't deny there's guys deliberately trying to draw attention to themselves by carrying on like a bull with its pizzle caught in a barn gate.