Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
haha yes! those guys get on my nerves. the ones that really piss me off are the ones that do that with the dumbbells and then drop or throw them wherever afterwards. I just keep thinking "fuckwad, if you are strong enough to pick them up, you are strong enough to put them back down."

I am a little guilty of this because if you're pushing yourself the last few reps are a struggle. But I don't project them, i drop them near my feet and put them away when I'm done. THAT's my peeve, the minefield of dumbbells all over the floor or--if they're put back--thrown wherever instead of in order.

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
guys, play nice :(

No. I wear leggings, a baggy shirt and a baseball cap, always in dull colors. It's about as conservative as I can get while still being practical.
Like this, but my shirt is even longer so it covers my ass:
work+out+t+shirt+diy+3.jpg

I also just quietly do my own thing and don't make eye contact with anyone. I'd wear earphones but I can't stand the in-ear ones. Maybe I need to buy some big headphones, but I don't see having wires dangling off me while lifting weights as a good idea :eek:

I'd stand up for anyone's right to wear whatever they like to the gym, but if you dress like this in public and go to the gym primarily to take selfies then you've lost the right to ever complain about the type of attention you are getting:

tumblr_nc2c80s1w81smu72vo1_500.jpg

:rolleyes:

Yeah, pretty much every girl I see at the gym dresses with those pants and a regular t shirt. Where you doing squats or some sort of lower body exercise when they were doing this stuff? If this is the case, I could see why they might look but taking pictures and making comments to you about it is not something they should be doing. Honestly, if you were doing squats and the pants stretch out at the bottom of the rep I'd probably stare for a few seconds and think "Damn, she has a great ass" but that would be it. I have this kind of unspoken rule for the gym, and that is not to bother women while they are working out, which sucks for me because it is really the only place I've seen women in my day to day life. However, a lot of guys do go to the gym to pick up girls but they tend to lean towards being a small minority of the people that go there. If this is just a one time thing I wouldn't put too much thought into it but if it becomes a regular occurrence I'd consider changing gyms or going at a different time, though this is not an option for many people.

I'd have to take a picture, which I wont do, but there are a few girls at my gym that wear these ridiculous outfits. One girl has huge fake boobs and wears a tight top that leaves half of the girls sticking out. This other girl with fake blonde hair wears these super short shorts, if they were like 2 inches higher you'd see her ass, and a tiny shirt that leaves her mid drift showing, if these were 3 inches higher you'd see her under boob. Basically, I see a lot of what you see in fitness magazines, except this is real life lol.

nailz

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Where you doing squats or some sort of lower body exercise when they were doing this stuff?

If this is just a one time thing I wouldn't put too much thought into it but if it becomes a regular occurrence I'd consider changing gyms or going at a different time, though this is not an option for many people.

Haha like half my workout is squats/deadlifts or some variation :p
Its not a one time thing, its almost an every time thing, which is why I avoid gyms. There are no decent women-only gyms nearby that have the equipment I use (barbells/heavy dumbells). The last women's gym I went to was like 90% cardio stuff and their heaviest dumbell was 15lbs :rolleyes:

Reactions: sangheili90

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Haha like half my workout is squats/deadlifts or some variation :p
Its not a one time thing, its almost an every time thing, which is why I avoid gyms. There are no decent women-only gyms nearby that have the equipment I use (barbells/heavy dumbells). The last women's gym I went to was like 90% cardio stuff and their heaviest dumbell was 15lbs :rolleyes:

I could see maybe you notice them checking you out or having some guy coming up to you and trying to start a conversation, both of these are perfectly normal and I'm sure you wouldn't think much of it. However, making comments about your butt directly to you or taking photos with their phone are definitely something that is not cool, I don't know where you live but these people sound pretty low class.A few months ago I was going for a hike, I had just parked my car and there were about 6 or 7 girls hanging out with each other chatting in the parking lot. When I walked past they were making comments to each other like "He is cute" "Nice ass etc." but being a guy these things don't really make me feel uncomfortable, so I really can't relate but can understand where you are coming from.

Maybe you could get a home gym going, assuming you have the space. All you'd really need is a squat stand, an Olympic barbell, some weight plates and an adjustable bench, maybe a pull up bar as well. The problem with relying on home gym is not only space but having to put down the money for it and the fact that you are limited in what type of equipment you'd have. However, if you want to go this route I'm sure you could find some great deals on craigslist, when I had a garage gym set up I got the majority of my stuff used form people on there and had some really good quality items.

nailz

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I do have a home gym going :)

My only regret is that I didn't get an Olympic barbell and got just the cheaper kind, but on the bright side used plates are easier/cheaper to find. I'm not going to need hundreds of pounds of plates :)

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

My only regret is that I didn't get an Olympic barbell and got just the cheaper kind, but on the bright side used plates are easier/cheaper to find. I'm not going to need hundreds of pounds of plates :)

Nice, stick with that and you should be ok. If you really want to tighten up and build the hamstrings and glutes give hill sprints a try. I recommend these to people as they not only require more motor recruitment compared to flat sprints but you are also less likely to hurt yourself, as it prevents your from over striding and forces your body into a correct form.

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I'm not trying to sound like a know it all, but with a home gym you'd be kind of limited with exercise selection and there are lots of workouts you can do that don't really require much, if any, equipment.

Nate2020

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I was at the gym the other day and was showering afterwards. There was this older guy, looked like he was in his 70's, that followed me into the showers, glasses on and faced me with his back towards the shower. It was a little strange, but I figured he is old and just let him look. A couple of days later I walk in and he is there again. He stays in there for a couple of minutes and leaves. Another guy that is in good shape, along with two other older guys come in and this guy is right behind. As he turns on his shower one of the other older guys says to him "You sure do take a lot of showers. Every time I come in here you are here." He just says "well, I like to be clean." and grins from ear to ear. I thought it was funny that this guy called him out on it right there in the middle of the pretty full showers.
I have to agree with Arkie on this one, I think the same guy goes to my gym. It's not appropriate when you make other people uncomfortable. Our shower area has a large whirlpool in the center with shower stalls around it. This older guy was starting to time his whirlpool activity when I was getting into the shower. He would watch me through the glass and just when I got out of the shower he would then get out of the whirlpool with a hard on which he tried to conceal. Then he would race to the changing area and watch me change. It was disturbing. I tried subtle hints like moving to a more private area when he was nearby but he would move too. Finally I had to skip the shower altogether when he was around and change in the family locker are which has private changing areas. He finally got it and left me alone after a few weeks. I should have been more direct, next time I will be.

FastNHard

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There's one or two where I go. That doesn't so much bother me as the ones that are training legs and make it a very obvious point to get on the other cable machine right beside me and do twice the weight as me on triceps or something. I feel like telling them, yeah you might bench 250 but I look better with my shirt off. But I don't.

Str8jacksa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have to agree with Arkie on this one, I think the same guy goes to my gym. It's not appropriate when you make other people uncomfortable. Our shower area has a large whirlpool in the center with shower stalls around it. This older guy was starting to time his whirlpool activity when I was getting into the shower. He would watch me through the glass and just when I got out of the shower he would then get out of the whirlpool with a hard on which he tried to conceal. Then he would race to the changing area and watch me change. It was disturbing. I tried subtle hints like moving to a more private area when he was nearby but he would move too. Finally I had to skip the shower altogether when he was around and change in the family locker are which has private changing areas. He finally got it and left me alone after a few weeks. I should have been more direct, next time I will be.

I've never understood why these guys creep around making everyone feel uncomfortable. Their goal is to see some guy naked but their actions force guys to cover up. I've always been involved in sports or work out and being around other men nude is a natural thing, the less of a thing you make it out to be the more likely other men will feel comfortable and be nude around you also.

D

deleted1027980

I'm getting sick of hearing this.
I get done with my workout and someone is using the locker right next to mine.
Then they say, "Murphys law, whadda ya gonna do?".
Fuck you! As if you were the first person to ever say that.
It's not clever you douche!
- One of my gym pet peeves.

sixtwo190

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I'm getting sick of hearing this.
I get done with my workout and someone is using the locker right next to mine.
Then they say, "Murphys law, whadda ya gonna do?".
Fuck you! As if you were the first person to ever say that.
It's not clever you douche!
- One of my gym pet peeves.

Wow. That's pretty harsh. Someone making pleasant, if unoriginal, conversation makes you angry?

Reactions: chadstallion

Never been to a gym, ever. Now that must seem a little creepy to some :)

D

deleted1027980

Wow. That's pretty harsh. Someone making pleasant, if unoriginal, conversation makes you angry?
Not angry, just annoyed. That's a pet peeve I have. I'm not expecting anyone to have the same feeling.

I've never understood why these guys creep around making everyone feel uncomfortable. Their goal is to see some guy naked but their actions force guys to cover up. I've always been involved in sports or work out and being around other men nude is a natural thing, the less of a thing you make it out to be the more likely other men will feel comfortable and be nude around you also.

If it were a situation like this, I would look them in the eye and give them a look that says you aren't joking. Usually when I do that, they get the point. Don't act stupid, but I think you know what type of "Don't even think about it, Get away from me stare, just use your eyes"

Reactions: Str8jacksa

kurt bishop

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

I get it

nailz

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Outside of this thread most of the posts on LPSG that mention the word "gym" are about creepy behavior.
Many people seem to think that gyms exist just to give them a shower/sauna/changeroom/steamroom/etc venue to live out their creepyass fantasies and fetishes :rolleyes:

Wave85

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Outside of this thread most of the posts on LPSG that mention the word "gym" are about creepy behavior.
Many people seem to think that gyms exist just to give them a shower/sauna/changeroom/steamroom/etc venue to live out their creepyass fantasies and fetishes :rolleyes:

I actually think it is the place where I go to work out :)

Reactions: BetterFuture