The Vintage Film Star Thread

bartonside

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Roddy MacDowall was an English actor who appeared on screen when he was a boy. One of his earliest films was John Ford's How Green Was My Valley. He was famous for his endowment, said to be 10", but I don't know of any photographs which show any evidence. But the stories about his cock were legion so I guess it must be true. Sadly, he is no longer with us so we can't ask him. I often wonder if there are any celebrities on this site, hiding under a pseudonym.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
bartonside said:
Roddy MacDowall was an English actor who appeared on screen when he was a boy. One of his earliest films was John Ford's How Green Was My Valley. He was famous for his endowment, said to be 10", but I don't know of any photographs which show any evidence. But the stories about his cock were legion so I guess it must be true.

Here's a great image of Tab Hunter handing his sausage to Roddy McDowell, though :biggrin1:

http://www.queermusicheritage.com/JAN2001/Tabroddy.jpg

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Alex!!!!!

You are the man...a veritable treasure
trove of pix...and Clint was 6'6"-230 lbs.
*sigh*

Yeah, ole Forrest was not bad looking
in his younger days.

ETA: That Tab/Roddy pic and comment
are PRICELESS!!!!

Satsfakshun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
alex8 said:
Here's a great image of Tab Hunter handing his sausage to Roddy McDowell, though :biggrin1:

Thanks for that. I saw Tab Hunter's autobiography at the bookstore and might read it if he dishes on who he slept with.

I had a movie book when I was a kid that had the Clint Walker axe photo. You can imagine what I did with that.

Reactions: Mickey Finn

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
alex8 said:

Having missed my chance the first time this thread came around....I will pun now...:biggrin1:

"That's funny---I thought Tab was a bottom--shouldn't Roddy be giving TAB the sausage?":biggrin1:

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Satsfakshun said:
My mom had the teenage hots for Van Johnson and Roddy McDowell.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/57/Van_johnson.jpg/180px-Van_johnson.jpg
http://www.pamelasuemartin.net/movies/poseidon/images/roddy_mcdowell.jpg

Now that I think of it, don't those two appear on "well-hung" lists? Maybe ma wa onto something. I can see the Roddy part, but not the Van Johnson attraction.

And isn't it interesting that both are/were complete and utter flammers.. I mean screamers... uh.. light in the loafers?

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
alex8 said:
Nice to see this thread revived, not least as it gives me a chance to post an even better image of Tab Hunter that I've had sitting on my computer for a while now :rolleyes:

IF I may be so bold..... I have to say that this man rivals my affection for Tom.... The pic is INCREDIBLE!!

Alex, as always, I bow to your greatness.:rolleyes:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Dirty Videophile said:
Alex, I don't believe that one is Tab Hunter.
But I could be wrong - you usually aren't.
I trust the provenance of the image, which is the estate of a French film journalist who had numerous other extremely candid modeling photos from the earliest days of certain stars' careers... if it's not Tab, then the deception dates back to the early 1960s, when this guy acquired it for his collection.

Personally, I quite like the image of Steve Reeves from the same collection :rolleyes::

http://www.gayhosting.ru/alex8/stevereeves.jpg

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I can't believe that I may have something of value to bring to this place!:biggrin1:

For those of you who mentioned Roddy McDowell, I found this!

Bear with me, as this is only my second time posting a renamed link!

Hopefully it will work the first time 'round!:smile:

Edit: it worked!

BTW, the man who runs that site said that he absolutely believes that it IS Roddy McDowell!! I believe it also! It looks like him and doesn't seem (to me) to be a fake. Hopefully it ISN'T!!!

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
agnslz said:
For those of you who mentioned Roddy McDowell, I found this!

BTW, the man who runs that site said that he absolutely believes that it IS Roddy McDowell!! I believe it also! It looks like him and doesn't seem (to me) to be a fake. Hopefully it ISN'T!!!
I've seen that picture several times, and imho it's a very youthful Roddy McDowall's head joined (badly) to the physique of somebody considerably more physically developed.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
alex8 said:
Nice to see this thread revived, not least as it gives me a chance to post an even better image of Tab Hunter that I've had sitting on my computer for a while now :rolleyes:

Definitely Tab Hunter.

alex8 said:
Personally, I quite like the image of Steve Reeves from the same collection :rolleyes::
http://www.gayhosting.ru/alex8/stevereeves.jpg

I would never have recognized Steve Reeves in this image. The physique doesn't look developed enough (although the arms up posture would flatten the musculature a bit, to be sure).
I like Reeves ... think he was one of the last major bodybuilders who still looked human.
After that, they seemed to each emerge from comic books.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
senor rubirosa said:
I would never have recognized Steve Reeves in this image. The physique doesn't look developed enough (although the arms up posture would flatten the musculature a bit, to be sure).
I like Reeves ... think he was one of the last major bodybuilders who still looked human.
After that, they seemed to each emerge from comic books.

Early Steve Reeves was much more svelte that the latter version who tossed all those cabers in the Italian peplum movies :wink: --->

Attachments

Reactions: winnie45