The Vintage Film Star Thread

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
alex8 said:
I've seen that picture several times, and imho it's a very youthful Roddy McDowall's head joined (badly) to the physique of somebody considerably more physically developed.

Thank you Alex8!

I will always believe your very expert opinion over my, and some guy who is obsessed with death's, opinions!:smile: Thanks for the spell check as well! I have never been able to spell it the right way for some reason. I'm just used to the other way, I guess.:biggrin1:

As with all fake photos, I hate not knowing what the real thing actually looks like! That guy (whoever he is) has a nice body, what a pity not to see HIS actual face! :(

I should of known that if you hadn't found a real naked picture of Roddy McDowall yet, then what I found probably wasn't real!:redface:

I'll go back to only providing background noise now!:biggrin1::wink:

Manraker

Sexy Member
Media
That story about Ramon Novarro being killed by Rudy Valentino's dildo is a total fabrication. He choked on his own blood. It was an urban legend that still seems to have legs even though it has been proven false numerous times most recently in the biography of Novarro that came out a few years ago.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Manraker said:
That story about Ramon Novarro being killed by Rudy Valentino's dildo is a total fabrication. He choked on his own blood. It was an urban legend that still seems to have legs even though it has been proven false numerous times most recently in the biography of Novarro that came out a few years ago.
That story is one of numerous fabrications invented by the worm-like Kenneth Anger for his notorious Hollywood Babylon series of books, which have all too often become accepted as gospel accounts of what happened. :rolleyes:

Other tales with no basis in fact that he first promulgated include director F.W. Murnau having died while receiving a blow-job, whereas it was a pretty straightforward car crash; and character actor George Zucco's entire family having committed suicide after he killed himself in an asylum... actually, he passed away in a regular clinic, and his widow (who had supposedly killed herself just after his death) was horrified to learn of Kenneth Anger's account years later.

I often suspected that Anger was in some way making up for the fact that, while he was busy trying to promote himself as the epitome of the avant garde filmmaker, completely free from the Hollywood system, he was in fact being fucked by a publicist for one of the major studios. You will note that I do not use the word "allegedly" there, as I so often do. :smile: :wink:

agnslz said:
I'll go back to only providing background noise now!
Don't you dare!! There are plenty of celebrity photos out there that I've never seen, and I am always eager to know what else might be floating around out there. :wink: So post away.. :biggrin1:

Reactions: Runningdude1

Manraker

Sexy Member
Media
ALEX, I meant to comment on that alleged Steve Reeves photo by Arax you showed a while back but dropped the ball. Anyway, I showed that pic to a friend of mine who is an expert in physique photography and who knew Steve Reeves personally. Here is his response:

"I actually have a vintage print of that particular Arax photo, and it is (I'm positive) mistakenly identified as the model "Guionnet," which is the attribution that appeared in a photo auction catalog in the '90s. But I am dead certain this isn't Reeves. Arax only shot Reeves in competition (on stage) and outdoors, alongside a decorative wall -- never in the studio. I'm generally very familiar with published Reeves photos, and to my knowledge there are none extant of him shot by Arax in a studio setting."

Reactions: Wooly Mammoth

cetaylor1946

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Here's a great image of Tab Hunter handing his sausage to Roddy McDowell, though :biggrin1:

http://www.queermusicheritage.com/JAN2001/Tabroddy.jpg

Any chance this link will ever function again? It's just over a year old and, alas, no longer valid. Or if anyone has a copy of said photo they'd be willing to post/send....

I've just started reading Tab's bio and while not a great work of literature, it sure is revealing about the goods we were sold in at least the second half of the 20th C. And, speaking about goods, the photos of Tab in the book (and some others) are *quite* revealing--one hung gorgeous guy!

texas41-38

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
:smile: When Tahlulla Bankhead left broadway to go to Hollywoon, she was asked by a preporter what she would do when she arrived; she replied "Dahling the first thing everyone does.....fuck that divine Gary Cooper".

On a side note, Bankheads father was once Speaker of the US House of Representatives, two heart beats away from the oval office.

Reactions: Wooly Mammoth

eattom

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
View attachment 7736

My 1st attachment and probably screwed up. If works; from this beach pic of Montgomery Clift, he had a real nice butt!

Monty Clift was a stunningly handsome man & a great actor, but in his biography it is revealed that he was know as "Princess Tiny Meat"

Reactions: lemonhead

xlator_8

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay