The Voice on NBC

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Scott2005, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Scott2005

Scott2005 Member

Is anyone watching it? It's odd because I find that I'm starting to prefer it over American Idol. I've seen every single episode of Idol since it started (I know...that's sad but everyone has their fetish lol). But this show is so much more entertaining this year!

Anyone else agree?

2. cody6482

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Agreed!

3. D_Carl_Colossal

D_Carl_Colossal New Member

4. Pandora77

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't know about the US show, but we just had the first season of The Voice in Germany (with german singers and a german jury) and it was fantastic. WAY better than Idol!
    I loved the fact that all that mattered at first was their voice and not their looks!

5. Scott2005

Scott2005 Member

I love seeing the Guest Mentors! They've been really good this season and I think that actually sound like they know what they're talking about, unlike American Idol.

The coaching session Christina just had with Jewel was amazing. It went much further than just good notes.

6. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I can't watch Idol any more. It's turned into a boring love-fest and a simple popularity contest. The Voice is much more real and interesting and it's actually about musical talent.

7. LargeSide

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    THIS.

I stopped watching Idol about 2 seasons back. And then when Simon left, he took the shows credibility with him. I'm kind of an addict when its comes to these reality competitions, so naturally I latched onto this one. I started last season with episode 1 and was immediately hooked. I like the judges personalities (well, Christina just pisses me off, but thats not the point) and I really think this show gives more people a chance, since it is based on solely their voice.

I don't know why, but I find some of the back stories more inspirational than the ones on past years of Idol. And this year I watched 1 episode of Idol, last week I believe, and it was terrible. I don't know how any of those people made it into the top 24, and then were able to get rave reviews by the judges? I think its time they gave up.

8. kmere44549

kmere44549 New Member

Albums:
    yes and i love that the same coaches are there this season as last. hoping blake wins this yea. but i agree love the show and the idea behinde it.

9. luvmycock

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    YES, I am a fan of the show. WAY better that Idol and XFactor. This show has to do with real talent and it sends out a more positive message than the others. It's a new fresh concept and very entertaining to watch. Plus I love seeing Christina Aguilera, she is an amazing talent.

10. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    This. Although I personally find the back stories manipulative. I'd prefer to just focus on the music.

11. Scott2005

Scott2005 Member

Tonight's episode of AI just totally sealed it's fate in my opinion. Awful theme that crippled a lot of the singers.

12. Scott2005

Scott2005 Member

Is anyone watching tonight? Christina sounds amazing will practicing 'No Air'. As much as I can't stand her on the show, the girl definitely knows what she's doing!

13. LargeSide

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    No Air was good, but I loved Pip/Nathan. Pip is probably my favorite contestant, has been since his audition.

Draft saved Draft deleted