The war in Iraq

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
Regardless of who started it...it needs to end. And when it does end, this country better be prepared to address the manifold issues that these men and women will bring home with them.

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
The British were openly lied to with unproven information about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction that were a direct threat to the UK, that's why we were there, but why was America there?

That's a genuine question before someone start bitching about anit americanisms.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The British were openly lied to with unproven information about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction that were a direct threat to the UK, that's why we were there, but why was America there?

That's a genuine question before someone start bitching about anit americanisms.

That's interesting. I hadn't heard that spin before on the UK's involvement in Iraq. I thought they had their own independent intelligence. Are you insinuating that it was the US that lied to them? Does that make it their fault? convenient.

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
No, sorry, it's exactly as it reads.

In the UK, we were told that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction that are a real threat to UK security.

When this was questioned the governemnt blamed MI5/6 for bad intelligence, but by then, we were at war with Iraq and honering our 'special relationship' as Blair called it, with the states.

Don't try and make this about anti americanism, frankly it pisses me off with the amount of people on here bitching that no one likes the states.

I asked a question, thats it, you've just read why the UK was there, why was America.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Lied to? That's quite a leap from bad information. Whom are you accusing of lying?

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Lied to? That's quite a leap from bad information. Whom are you accusing of lying?

If the UK government sends it's nation to war on information they can't, won't substanciate before action is taken, or after for that matter, then they lied to us.

Did Iraq have weapons capable of reaching the UK and causing mass destruction. No.

We went to war on a false pretences and many British men died.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No, sorry, it's exactly as it reads.

In the UK, we were told that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction that are a real threat to UK security.

When this was questioned the governemnt blamed MI5/6 for bad intelligence, but by then, we were at war with Iraq and honering our 'special relationship' as Blair called it, with the states.

Don't try and make this about anti americanism, frankly it pisses me off with the amount of people on here bitching that no one likes the states.

I asked a question, thats it, you've just read why the UK was there, why was America.

We could use the same exact excuse (faulty intelligence). So if that flimsy BS absolves you it does the same for the USA.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's interesting. I hadn't heard that spin before on the UK's involvement in Iraq. I thought they had their own independent intelligence. Are you insinuating that it was the US that lied to them? Does that make it their fault? convenient.

Pup isn't meaning (I don't believe?) that US intelligence told the UK (or British intelligence) that Iraq posed such a threat, though of course the national agencies involved shared lies and misinformation, sorry intel.

I read his post as meaning the people of the UK were told that by their Government. I thought that was common knowledge. There's plenty of evidence. The US' reasons for being there are equally well known and it's all been debated to death.

BBC NEWS | UK | Politics | Blair issues fresh Iraq warning
BBC NEWS | Politics | Blair fails to win war of persuasion

I especially liked all the backtracking when none of this crap was swallowed by anyone with even half a brain, although of course by then it was too late.

The Guardian is rather liberal but the fact that the British people were intentionally deceived is pretty much unarguable. The interview with Beckett is a peach, that women is such a liar.

Full text: Tony Blair's speech | Politics | guardian.co.uk

How Beckett's answers raise more questions on Iraq | Politics | The Guardian

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Cheers Dong, but I think my post was clear enough that I was talking only about the UK peoples.

All i asked was will someone please say, hopfully an American member, what reasons were you as a nation given to go to war on?

Why were they in Iraq? I've already said why we were there.

Insinuating anti americanism is the approved trend though on LPSG.