Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I flout the snobs (and professionals) who say that milk should be poured last, i always put milk, sugar and coffee into the cup and the boling water last, evryone at work loves my tea and coffee so i think the commoners way is best.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Coffee in before water???

This would necessitate the use of instant coffee. :confused: Does not compute.

:wink:

If these so called snobs are giving a fuck about adding milk to their instant coffee and tea bag tea at the socially acceptable moment then they are more than a little odd.

Real snobs drink fresh ground coffee - like me :biggrin:

Besides - it's all a load of shite. My folks prefer their milk in first in their tea - I regularly forget and pour the tea, then add milk and stir. They only ever taste the difference when I tell them :wink:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If I'm making instant then the milk has to go in the cup first but usually I have ground.

I hate tea and always make sure I make it badly so no-one ever asks me to make it. :wink:

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Fact your tea had a totally different flavour when the milk is added first. The reason for this is the hot tea caramelizes the milk. It the tea is added first then it has had time to cool enough not to caramelizes the milk wehn added.

Boiling water should not be poured directly on to instant coffee' as the heat changes the flavour of the coffee. Tastes much nicer when the milk is added to the coffee, before adding the hot water.

One final tip my Grand mother always put a pinch of salt in her coffee'. When I asked her why she did this, she told me it takes the bitternes away.

If you dont believe any of the above before you poo poo it give it a try. Then come back and tell me the results

Tea Vicar

gwmasiahk

Experimental Member
Media
I drink tea black with sugar, a good quality tea-bag poured over with boiling water and then a few dunks a few minutes later, works for me, but my mother always heated a tea-pot first with boiling water, to warm it, emptied it, then entered the tea and then filled with boiling water and allowed to steep. Always one teaspoon of tea for each person and one for the pot!! Her tea was best!!

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
I drink tea black with sugar, a good quality tea-bag poured over with boiling water and then a few dunks a few minutes later, works for me, but my mother always heated a tea-pot first with boiling water, to warm it, emptied it, then entered the tea and then filled with boiling water and allowed to steep. Always one teaspoon of tea for each person and one for the pot!! Her tea was best!!
Can we blame your mum for the various droughts of the world?:biggrin1:

i joke ofcourse

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
but my mother always heated a tea-pot first with boiling water, to warm it, emptied it, then entered the tea and then filled with boiling water and allowed to steep. Always one teaspoon of tea for each person and one for the pot!! Her tea was best!!

I do exactly the same (though I would say brew, not steep).

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Dislike Coffee
horrible aftertaste
HATE .. Milk sodden Tea Bags & then the water poured on
So .. T Bags first with Hot Water & then Milk
or preferably Real Tea Leaves brewed for several minutes
enz
-agree with you Mitch (as per the coffee) i would make it as you do for others
no exceptions..or else they make there own.

ubered

Experimental Member
Media
Milk last for me, in both coffee and tea.

This is so interesting. I had no idea that some people think it's more snobby to put milk in last. I always thought it was the other way round... :confused: