Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

unique_exposure

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I would have imagined the hot water in first (in both tea and instant coffee) would be a fuller, more potent extraction of caffeine? (I mean, thats the point of it... right?)

Milk after.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I always put the milk (low fat) in first with both coffee and tea. For coffee I like a nice mild blend and tea is usually English Breakfast. I never put sugar in either my coffee or tea. Oh and if it is an herbal tea, nothing goes in.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Even if making instant coffee the creamer (never milk :yuck:) goes in last. I put the sugar in first no matter what though.

I take my coffee just like my men, "light & sweet." :wink:

unique_exposure

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A smidge of (glycerine based) vanilla extract really smoothes out coffee that ends up tasting like crap.

My favorite coffee is with a little vanilla, whipped cream, and drizzled with agave.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
This is so interesting. I had no idea that some people think it's more snobby to put milk in last. I always thought it was the other way round... :confused:

It is. The finer your vagina, sorry china, the more careful you have to be with hot water; hence the milk first.

And we are not talking tea bags.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I only use tea bags if there is no other choice. Good quality tea doesn't come in bags. At home I use a tea infuser with loose tea if I'm making a pot. If it's a single cup I use a fine gold mesh strainer that sits in the cup with tea in it and you pour the water in, let it steep and just lift it out. At work we make "Çay" in the traditional Turkish way, which is totally different and complex and I don't know how to do it, but it's the best tea ever.

Coffee is made with a french press at my house. It's easy, and good and leaves a little mud in the cup.

Mastur

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I prefer ground coffee/tea leaves to instant/bags too. If I do have to drink instant, it has to be Jacobs Krönung! I like my coffee dark and strong with only a smidgen of cold milk.
Instant: coffee first then sugar to keep the coffee granules from burning and ensure proper dissolving of sugar, lastly milk.
Ground: the brew first in a warmed-up cup, then same as with instant.

Tea leaves/bags: milk first in a warmed-up cup, then the brew, sugar last (traditional way, it just tastes better)
Bags (at work): same procedure as above except I leave the bag in when it's just for me.

But, I believe that no matter your procedure, if it's made with love and not begrudgingly, it will always taste good!

StrictlyAvg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Coffee?
At home I grind the freshest coffee I can buy into the filter basket, lock and load to the espresso machine, push a button and out comes some espresso. Whether you then choose to add steamed milk, water for an americano with ordinary milk or drink straight espresso with a biscuit or chocolate depends on how I feel like making it...
At work I use a french press or a gadget called an aeropress (effectively a giant syringe that you force hot water through ground coffee - tasty and easy to clean).

All this adding stuff to take away the bitter taste means you've probably never tasted really good coffee! Yes I'm a coffee snob, sometimes roast my own otherwise try and get it online from a place that roasts it to order or go to one of the London roasters if I'm up for a visit to town.

Tea? not very often though having a cup of green tea made in a chinese tea shop was like watching artistry at work - lots of pouring into glass vessels heated to just the right temps to make the perfect cup of tea at the end of it. The flavour was amazing but too much like hard work for me!
Teabag, water, milk on top usually, or green tea with no milk.

Last edited:

Tea - milk, no sugar.
Coffee - instant, with milk (can't be arsed pissing round with a cafetiere).

I always put the milk in last. :)

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Never actually tried either of these beverages, so can't suggest a favorite way.

My partner filters finely ground coffee into a cup, then adds some milk. No sugar. Says the best coffee he's ever tried, anywhere, comes from a shop in San Francisco. (Don't know if it's OK to mention the name here.) Type: ether. Ground: turkish. You can google it.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Coffee enters the cup first when it's instant then the water.

For brewed coffee I put the half and half in after the coffee is poured when I add anything.. Most times I drink it black the way real men drink their coffee.

I vomit from the first sip or smell of tea so I never go near it. Surprisingly the mention of it even turns my stomach.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I like my coffee very light.

At home I pour the brewed coffee into a 20 ounce cup, add two equal, a teaspoon of powdered hazelnut creamer, a tablespoon of regular powder creamer and then a few ounces on milk.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been brewing up for years and this is how brews are made:

Tea:

Two sugars
Teabag
Boiled water
Milk
Stir

Coffee (I don't have it very often, except when teabag supplies have ran out):

Two sugars
Coffee
Milk
Boiled water
Stir

The milk goes in with the coffee to (I guess) absorb/dull the coffee flavour.

The reason the milk goes in last in the tea is because if you put the milk in first it looks like piss water.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like my coffee very light.

At home I pour the brewed coffee into a 20 ounce cup, add two equal, a teaspoon of powdered hazelnut creamer, a tablespoon of regular powder creamer and then a few ounces on milk.

Is someone grading you on making coffee or something? Seems a bit OTT to me.

boerkie

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I drink tea black with sugar, a good quality tea-bag poured over with boiling water and then a few dunks a few minutes later, works for me, but my mother always heated a tea-pot first with boiling water, to warm it, emptied it, then entered the tea and then filled with boiling water and allowed to steep. Always one teaspoon of tea for each person and one for the pot!! Her tea was best!!

wow gwm!! what a memory blast that was!! and then of course, the milk in first, as it "cooled the tea down" if poured in after wards.
PG TIPS is what i use here in the USA. a good, honest bag of tea!!!whenever possible, i use a teapot. when i am lazy, i will put a teabag in a mug, add water, microwave for 3mins, leave bag in, add milk and splenda, and voila!! a cup that brews while you suck it up!!

Last edited: