The Weakest Link

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here's the thing... I'm going to be on The Weakest Link.

I don't know when yet, but I passed the audition so just have to wait to find out when it will be filmed.

I need trivia.

I need you to give me as many nuggets of general knowledge and trivia as you can. Obscure stuff would be good, the kind of thing I'm likely to be asked by Ms Robinson!

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Get triva books and flash cards, play trivial pursuit on line, and remember to brush up the basic math skills.

Read The World Almanac too, plenty of stuff in there.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
The questions on that show aren't that difficult or obscure, it's not University Challenge for god's sake. But the trick they play on you is asking long and tricky questions with actually rather easy answers, you just have to listen carefully to the questions.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
my god, is that show still on?!?

In the UK it is. Didn't they just celebrate their tenth year on the air on one of the BBC channels?

There seems to be a lot of popular quiz style shows in the UK. The Chase, Only Connect and Countdown are a few others that I wish we had US versions of. Certainly not for those who want the simplistic stylings of Deal or No Deal, that's for sure.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
The questions on that show aren't that difficult or obscure, it's not University Challenge for god's sake. But the trick they play on you is asking long and tricky questions with actually rather easy answers, you just have to listen carefully to the questions.

That's what I was going to say.

Strangers firing random, obscure info at you online is only going to confuse the fuck out of you if you try to remember it. Better off sticking to working on concentration - as far as I tell they do their best to distract and confuse the contestants. If not then the general population of Britain is far less intelligent than I thought.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here's the thing... I'm going to be on The Weakest Link.

I don't know when yet, but I passed the audition so just have to wait to find out when it will be filmed.

I need trivia.

I need you to give me as many nuggets of general knowledge and trivia as you can. Obscure stuff would be good, the kind of thing I'm likely to be asked by Ms Robinson!
The problem is there, Ruby, it's all gonna be random trivia, so anything we
give you could be 50-50.I will however, wish you the best of luck.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Listen carefully to the questions, don't waste time trying to come up with an answer if you're not sure, try to keep track of how much money is in the pot and who banked last and above all, be confident.
The biggest problem people on quiz shows face is nerves. They usually know the answers, but freeze or get flustered in the spotlight. If you can relax in the studio, you'll get on much better.
In terms of swotting up in advance, as nudeyorker said, Trivial Pursuit is as good a source as any, or flip through an encyclopedia.
Good luck, and let us know when you're on!

londonhanger

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Just wanted to let you know you have ruined the way I watch the Weakest Link. I am now forever checking out the female contestants chests and accents to see if you are on.
Don't think you have much chance being qizzed over large penises:redface: