The Week From Hell

B_Carolina

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well gang, bills have cleared....I'm going to visit my mother on Sunday.....parking ticket is resolved. While I'm back home, I'm also going to look for full-time work there, if only to test the waters. Thanks for all your prayers and words of kindness.

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@Jul 8 2004, 12:40 AM
According to this English teacher, that's fine. "...for which you've been waiting" would tend to sound stilted and unnatural.

Sir Winston Churchill, a master of the English language, once wrote a speech containing the sentence, "And that is something that I will not put up with." The proofreader noted that Sir Winston ended the sentence with two prepositions, and changed it to, "And that is something up with which I will not put." Sir Winston ignored the corrected speech and read it with the original wording as he wrote it. If Sir Winston Churchill can get away with it, I think we can occasionally slide.
Totally up Carolina's day has been fucked, and by life around he feels jerked. Rather than discussing grammar, up we should try to cheer him.

Big dicks...now there's a subject off on which to get! The best discussions at LPSG always up in the gutter end.

hb8

BRMSTN69: Well as I mentioned before my room mate is moving out and now he is here for the PC, so I will be signing off now , it's been great and I've met some fabolus people here and hope to return soon. Good bye.

BRMSTN69: Well, the dipshit actually knows his stuff and has me up and running in just a few hours. So thanx Andrew!!!(and here I thought I would go through weeks with out the net) thanx again Drew.

Artema: Hello. I was here a long time ago under another name (KongDong or something). I have returned and lurked the past couple days. I'd just like to say to anyone struggling and can't afford food:

A lot of people feel, well, a lot of silly things about food stamps. I am currently unemployed, and myself, my wife, and my daughter get nearly $400 in groceries for free each month. Depending on your income and how many people you support they scale it back. It'd be worth it even if they decided to give you only $50 a month wouldn't it? Don't be ashamed to go get it, if you pay taxes you deserve it.