The weight loss thread...

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OK, We've made the decision and damn it we're goning to do it.

My boyfriend and I have decided to lose the extra weight we've been packing for a while.

I'd like to dedicate this thread to everyone who is on a weight loss/gain program to get into shape. So feel free to chime in with your results if it's something that you want to participate in.

Right now, I weight 180 pounds. By July I want to get down to 155. That's my ideal weight (for me) that I feel the most comfortable at.

I don't see that as being too hard but it takes dedication and a willingness to go above and beyond what I've been doing so far.

So wish me luck and I'll report in on my results.

Today was the first day.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Losing weight is a great thing but the process totally sucks. After college, I decided to lose the weight I needed to play various sports I participated in. I did it slowly and wisely....effen frustrating at times but the end results are awesome. The first pair of jeans or whatever you try on after you loose all the weight, damn, what a feeling to slip into a few sizes smaller. If you choose to go by one of those weight loss programs, I highly reccommend Weight Watchers and DO NOT reccommend Jenny Craig or Nutri-System. The great thing about WW is that you learn how to eat "real food" and not the packaged crap that those other two provide.
Working out helps....
So best of luck! Go to it! The results will be worth it!

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
How bout we do this...

Stats:
Height 6' 1"
Frame/Bone structure: Large
Current Weight: 230
Target Weight: 200
You've already seen my before pic in the gallery.

Plan: Cut out Pop, morning muffins/bagels, Exercise a Minimum of 30 minutes a day on my treadmill. Incorporate more fruit for natural sugars in my diet, and learn to prepare different foods than the horrid comfort foods (IE. Steak/Potatoes/veggie type dinners)

buddy629

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have lost 20lbs in 4 months on the 'Body for Life' plan. It is excellent. Being a RN, and having an extensive understanding of the body's metabolic processes, I have to say that this is the most sensible plan to improve your health and appearance that I have ever seen.

I started in September 2006. By January 1st, the scale had dropped 20 lbs. I have also gained a lot of the muscle mass [mass that I have lost since I was 18]. That means I've gained weight as muscle, I don't know exactly how much....so I have lost over 20lbs.

You eat 6 meals/day (200g of protein/day), about 2-3 hours apart. Your rarely ever hungry. So that is awsome. You workout 6 days/week [3 days of weight training and 3 days of cardio]. On the 7th day of the week, you don't work out and you can eat whatever the hell you want to. It's great. and you STILL LOOSE WEIGHT.

It's a book you can buy most anywhere, has been in print for awhile. Bill Phillips is the author. I will continue the plan until I can see my six pack again, then probably keep up only as a modified version. I'm 6' tall. I was 210lbs, now I'm 190lbs. It's not like I was really that fat. It's more vanity pounds and I just want to get lean and ripped again.

Some of the best advice I can give you, if you want to loose fat and feel better;

1.) Disperse the amount of calories you need in one day over 6 meals (each meal is 300-400 calories for men (200-300 calories for women).

2.) In each meal, your serving size of lean protein should equal your serving size of complex carbohydrates (pasta, potato, brown rice). And pay attention to the serving size and the calories in one serving of the food your eating.

3.) Don't eat simple sugars...no trans-fats, High Fructose Corn Syrup, white rice, white sugar, or white flour. Use animal fats sparingly. Fats are to be eaten in small amounts, and are ESSENTIAL in our diets in order to have a healthy body. However, try to eat small amounts of good fats. They should come from fish, nuts, and avacados (or other veggies).

4.) Do your cardio workout in the morning on an empty stomach. Studies have shown that you burn up to 300% more calories from your fat stores. This is because your glycogen stores are depleted in the morning, and your body will burn more fat much easier. It makes a huge difference.

5.) To loose fat, you must increase your lean muscle mass. This means lifting weights. Very few people will 'bulk up' when they lift weights (mostly is 2/3 of men who do this). Trust me on this. You have to lift weights. (ladies, this means you, too many women don't lift, it is essential for a healthy physique and to prevent osteoporosis. You won't get bulky, your bodies are not designed to get bulky (because of the estrogen). Insted, you will get toned, slim, and lean).

6.) Junk food is not good for your body, but it's good for your soul. good food, and tasteing good food, is very pleasureable. Psychologically, we need food to taste good, to bring us pleasure. Just remember, small amounts of junk food won't make as much of a difference to your body. It's what you eat MOST of the time that makes a difference. If you eat healthy food most of the time, you will look and feel healthier.

7.) Don't drink your calories. Avoid fruit juice (veggie juice is fine), soda (diet soda is fine), and any alcoholic beverages. Some alcohol has been advertized as 'zero carbs'. Yeah, their right, alone...most distilled beverages have zero carbs. Then you drink them. And your body takes the alcohol (ethanol) and converts ALL of it into....carbs. Anything alcoholic will be converted, by your body in order to digest and eliminate it, into carbs. So, if your trying to loose weight, no boozing.

8.) Drink at least 2 liters of water per day. Sometimes our bodies confuse hunger with thirst. So, when we are actually dehydrated and thirsty, we crave food. Wierd, isn't it. So, don't let yourself become dry, and drink plenty of water.

BlackCock85

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have lost 20lbs in 4 months on the 'Body for Life' plan. It is excellent. Being a RN, and having an extensive understanding of the body's metabolic processes, I have to say that this is the most sensible plan to improve your health and appearance that I have ever seen.

I started in September 2006. By January 1st, the scale had dropped 20 lbs. I have also gained a lot of the muscle mass [mass that I have lost since I was 18]. That means I've gained weight as muscle, I don't know exactly how much....so I have lost over 20lbs.

You eat 6 meals/day (200g of protein/day), about 2-3 hours apart. Your rarely ever hungry. So that is awsome. You workout 6 days/week [3 days of weight training and 3 days of cardio]. On the 7th day of the week, you don't work out and you can eat whatever the hell you want to. It's great. and you STILL LOOSE WEIGHT.

It's a book you can buy most anywhere, has been in print for awhile. Bill Phillips is the author. I will continue the plan until I can see my six pack again, then probably keep up only as a modified version. I'm 6' tall. I was 210lbs, now I'm 190lbs. It's not like I was really that fat. It's more vanity pounds and I just want to get lean and ripped again.

Some of the best advice I can give you, if you want to loose fat and feel better;

1.) Disperse the amount of calories you need in one day over 6 meals (each meal is 300-400 calories for men (200-300 calories for women).

2.) In each meal, your serving size of lean protein should equal your serving size of complex carbohydrates (pasta, potato, brown rice). And pay attention to the serving size and the calories in one serving of the food your eating.

3.) Don't eat simple sugars...no trans-fats, High Fructose Corn Syrup, white rice, white sugar, or white flour. Use animal fats sparingly. Fats are to be eaten in small amounts, and are ESSENTIAL in our diets in order to have a healthy body. However, try to eat small amounts of good fats. They should come from fish, nuts, and avacados (or other veggies).

4.) Do your cardio workout in the morning on an empty stomach. Studies have shown that you burn up to 300% more calories from your fat stores. This is because your glycogen stores are depleted in the morning, and your body will burn more fat much easier. It makes a huge difference.

5.) To loose fat, you must increase your lean muscle mass. This means lifting weights. Very few people will 'bulk up' when they lift weights (mostly is 2/3 of men who do this). Trust me on this. You have to lift weights. (ladies, this means you, too many women don't lift, it is essential for a healthy physique and to prevent osteoporosis. You won't get bulky, your bodies are not designed to get bulky (because of the estrogen). Insted, you will get toned, slim, and lean).

6.) Junk food is not good for your body, but it's good for your soul. good food, and tasteing good food, is very pleasureable. Psychologically, we need food to taste good, to bring us pleasure. Just remember, small amounts of junk food won't make as much of a difference to your body. It's what you eat MOST of the time that makes a difference. If you eat healthy food most of the time, you will look and feel healthier.

7.) Don't drink your calories. Avoid fruit juice (veggie juice is fine), soda (diet soda is fine), and any alcoholic beverages. Some alcohol has been advertized as 'zero carbs'. Yeah, their right, alone...most distilled beverages have zero carbs. Then you drink them. And your body takes the alcohol (ethanol) and converts ALL of it into....carbs. Anything alcoholic will be converted, by your body in order to digest and eliminate it, into carbs. So, if your trying to loose weight, no boozing.

8.) Drink at least 2 liters of water per day. Sometimes our bodies confuse hunger with thirst. So, when we are actually dehydrated and thirsty, we crave food. Wierd, isn't it. So, don't let yourself become dry, and drink plenty of water.

That sounds like a great diet, I should really do it. I think I could except for the no boozing part :rolleyes:

From looking at your gallery......I'd say it's a great diet(such a hot ass dude)

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How bout we do this...

Yeah, I'll climb aboard this crazy train...nothing like solidarity to get your ass motivated. The fact that spring break is looming on the calendar doesn't hurt either...:rolleyes:

Stats:
Height: 5' 10"
Frame: Mesomorph (44/32)
Current Weight: 175 @ ~24% bodyfat
Target Weight: 160 @ ~10% bodyfat

Plan: Kick the insomnia and sleep at least 6 hours per night. Return to daily regimen of late-morning cardio session on empty stomach plus evening weightlifting. ~1800 calories/day, distributed across 3-4 meals. 96+ oz. water every day. Flaunt my Grigioperla swimsuit in mid-March. :wink:

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have to watch my weight because of my love of good food, wine and whisky and because my work makes it difficult to keep to a regular exercise routine. Can I throw in a suggestion that may sound a bit dumb at first, but works for me.

Eat with chopsticks :confused: - you put less in your mouth at a time and eat slower, thus allowing you both to feel fuller with less food and to digest better.