The wierdest thing...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by yaoifun, Jan 19, 2005.

1. yaoifun

yaoifun New Member

Im not sure if this has been posted yet, but it seems like a semi-interesting topic. Whats the wierdest thing that has ever happened to you or you have ever seen? (doesnt necesarily have to be sexual or anything) but i was just curious. Well as for me, I had to get teeth pulled in 4th grade once because my adult teeth were coming in faster than they should have. Well they gassed me with Nitrous Oxide and I then had an Out of Body Experience...It was VERY wierd...I could see myself in the chair with them putting all the crap in my mouth...it was cool at first and I kept rising up to the cieling it seemed. I could float around and go through walls whatever. When the dentist said something and i did it and watched myself do it...I though I had died X'D I was pretty damn scared after that! I tried flying into myself but it didn't work, but finally a little while after they finished, i seemed to have flown to the sky and then i shot back down into myself. My mother said i was pale as a ghost! It was scary then, but now that i look back upon it, it was REALLY WIERD and i almost wish i could do it again, if I knew i wasn't dead or anything that is! Then theres the time my sister and I thought we heard screaming in the attic and nothing was there, but thats a whole different story. (and until both of those happened i never really considered O.B.E.s a real thing!)

2. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    This isn't the weirdest thing that's happened, but it's one of the most like, "I can't fucking believe that happened!" things. It was the 4th of July, and I was on Hollywood Beach like I usually am fot the 4th. I was walkin down to get some ice cream with some friends. They closed off the beach on every street, and on every gap between buildings (where a new street would start) would be two cops on bicycles. So, we're walkin down, and there are these two dudes tossin a football. Nothin outta the ordinary at all.

Well, one of them tried to throw it behind his back, and missed horribly. The ball ended up hitting the wheel of one the cops' bikes. The pig got all angry and junk (because a football to a bike wheel is oh so damaging). He yelled out "Get the fuck over here! How dare you fucking do that to me!" So like, the two dudes walk over, and out of nowhere, the cop pullsa fuckin switch blade out of nowhere. He rips the ball open and is all "Here's yer fuckin ball, now get the fuck off the beach!"

It's cops like that that truly make me hate all cops. They let the power go to thier heads. It's so messed up. I mean like, not only were the kicked off the beach, which was totally undeserved enough, but the cop destroyed their property!

3. yaoifun

yaoifun New Member

That's horrible! The cops had no right to do that! I get pissed over that kinda crap too. Especially around in my town, cops can get away with anything if the price iis right. Not to insult anyone, but the whole law system is corrupt as hell. If they had can been doing something unlawful, that would be something different and thats just a maybe. it was a holiday, they should just chill and let people live a little! Well that certainly is enough to be on here!

4. jonb

Gold Member

First rule of police corruption: If a cop blows the whistle, he's dead.
    Second rule of police corruption: Drug arrests are quick cash. Sell some, keep some left to plant, turn what's left over to the feds, and make out both ways.
    Third rule of police corruption: You can prevent crimes, but you won't get as much money for preventing one as you will for solving one.
    Fourth rule of police corruption: It's always a minority, even if the perpetrator's specifically described as blond.
    And the refrain: Cops regularly prove the above four rules unerringly legit.

I have similar rules about the courts. For example, did you know eleven and a half jurors on the average jury think their purpose is to convict the criminal? Or that the scale of your crime is inversely proportional to your sentencing?

5. jdoe86

Gold Member

Albums:
    When I was 14, I when hiking with my brother and a friend. We were up in the mountains and hiking along a very narrow trail. One side was a cliff with a 50 foot drop and the trail itself was maybe a foot wide. We were crossing a small gully that had water in it when I slipped. I fell head first down the cliff hitting my head a number of times. About 40 feet down I landed in a tree which broke my fall and craddled me. I am not sure if I was knocked out or what, but I felt very warm (it was late fall and the temp was in the 50s) and I saw a blinding light. I felt very light, but a split second later I was screaming in pain. I don't know how I got back up the cliff, but I know my brother and my friend were still at the top trying to climb down. I had no cuts or bruises. I was very sore the next few days and the doctor said I had a concussion. What happened that day? I still ponder that everyday I wake up.

6. cypher13

cypher13 New Member

OBE's are fairly common on Nitrous, which is one reason why I love it so much...maybe too much! It also lowers my level of inhibitions to the point where I will open up for the dentist and not be inclined to fight back. A dentist who is liberal with the gas and lets you enjoy the experience is a person to be treasured.

The weirdest things I have ever seen/encountered.....

1) one of my early teachers in gnani yoga ignited paper with the force of thought. The technique involved accumulating an excess of qi/mana/prana in his body and releasing it through, in this case, the palms of his hands. He did other things too that still amaze me but always remember that there is more to gnani than just rainbows and finding yourself spiritually.

2) some years ago, in Huntington, New York, I knew a faith healer who fixed a problem of mine, far more quickly and easily than would have been the case with a conventional doctor. Michael ran enough qi through me to make me jump; the problem was resolved later that day. Sadly, Michael could not handle his considerable gifts and committed suicide and one of the great sadnesses in my life is that I was not there to help him as he had been there to help me.

3) another early teacher of mine was truly a master of the universe. She never wanted for money, Manhattan curbside parking spaces, green lights...she NEVER changed the oil in her car (I checked it once and it looked like Hershey's Hot Fudge) and yet she never had a breakdown, either and years later she was still driving that same car....she despised cell phones and could literally break them by force of her will....oh and she was thirty years older than me, 5'6" and 125 pounds to my 6'0" and 225 yet she easily beat me arm wrestling - her idea, not mine, I might add. She could also do things like tell me how much money I had in my pocket - but she never asked me for any. Everybody in Harlem seemed to know her and no one messed with this woman. One day, I asked her if she could do something, I don't remember exactly what, and she said "Honeychil,' I can do anything!" The way she said it indicated she knew whereof she spoke.

7. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Cypher, you know some freaky people :eek: Sorry to hear about the faith healer though *hugs*

8. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

I had a fake-arguement with a Bishop over HIS cigar smoke... God I know weird Bishops...

Apart from that, loads of stuff, but perhaps another time. :ninja:

9. Imported

Gold Member

BonaDrag_Elizabeth: Hmm Weirdest Thing...

Well I like to go to Rocky Horror showings in Eastend London every once in a while, to let loose I suppose. So I go looking all weird. As per usual and some guy starts talking to me. I guess I must be quite a dolt because I perceived it as flirting. So I flirt back, as childish as it sounds, and this goes on for over an hours while we were dancing, yelling, screaming and acting silly which is normal for the event.

Well as I come to the conclusion this guy is real cute and such I decide to bring up the subject of exchanging mobile numbers so we can keep in contact. Woe and behold some guy comes from behind and kisses him and such in a very "we are in love" kinda way. So I guess it was pretty weird for me because I thought we had a thing going on for that brief hour.

Oh well, just my luck. Tee hee.

10. someone2004uk

someone2004uk Active Member

Albums:
    I guess this isn't weird but it's just kinda stupid and it makes me laugh so i thought i'd share.

I was once walking around my hometown and jumped out of my friend, who i was walking with, and took a photo.

Suddenly a police car came over and they pulled down the window and called me over and asked me if I was English.

If you ever hear my accent, you just know how stupid they felt when I said no, and explained I was just taking a photograph.

11. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:

Wait, what?

12. someone2004uk

someone2004uk Active Member

Albums:
    Basically I got stopped by the police for taking a photograph. I know it's not that "weird" but not much weird stuff actually happens to me. just rather stupid, odd stuff.

13. Pene_Negro_Grande

Gold Member

Well something weird I have observe was March of last year when me and some friends went to S. Beach for a little fun...Well one guy that was w/us comes from a prominent Cuban family in S. Beach and said we could stay at his place after our free hotel ride ran out (one friend had a hook up at the Hilton on Sobe)...So I guess this guy's family was into Santa Dominga (I think that is what is was) - which is a cuban/spanish form of voodoo...I mean this guy folks came in w/blood on them I guess from animal sacrifies...I actually am cool and open to a lot of things but just a little to weird for me...I ended up staying w/a girl I knew from Ft. Lauderdale...Had a better time sleeping at her place...

14. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

It was the "Jumped out of my friend" bit that got me... o_O

Did you mean "Jumped out at my friend", as in, suprised him? Otherwise you are saying that you actually jumped from inside your friend... which is quite strange o_O

15. yaoifun

yaoifun New Member

The police are just plain weird half the time. Havenothing better to do than ask pople if theyre english while they take pictures...thats weird indeed!

16. Imported

Gold Member

spoolworm: When I first smoked weed, I had hallucinations. But not visual, I heard stuff. In fact, I was walking across the playground and I heard 1000s of small children laughing. It was seriousley freaky. I thought I was in a horror movie or something.

17. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:

Do you mean Santeria?

18. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Speaking of cops, I just had to pay off my first ticket today. It was a totally lame ticket. The kind that makes me wish I had been speeding. I got it for "driving too close" to a cop. He was in my development, turned off his lights, and like, stopped short after some speed bumps. So of COURSE I'm gonna get close to you at some point, jackass. Anyways, it was a $118 ticket, plus $40 for driving school so I don;t get any points on my license. *sigh*

19. yaoifun

yaoifun New Member

::sends him $158:: there. That should be enough to pay back for the stupid cop. That shouldnt even be a violation. You should look into it. I swear, sometimes, cops are functionally retarded.

20. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:

Meh. I'm filing a complaint after my driving course. He was very nasty with me, asuming I was younger than I am, plus the fact I AM young, and it was quota time. And yes, I went right back in his face (what can I say, I'm part Irish) cause I don't take anything from anyone. And he was all "I can arrest you on 3 counts son" So I was all "First off, yah right! Secondly, don't call me son, yer not my dad".

Draft saved Draft deleted