The Wonderlic test

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:( that's unfortunate. Maybe someone can tell me how to figure out this question from a practice exam? It's the only one out of 150 I can't seem to figure out. I'd really appreciate it cuz it's driving me nuts. Either my brain is shot for the day or I'm just an idiot because I cannot figure this one out for the life of me.

125. Jim works for $15.50 per hour for a health care facility. He is supposed to get a 75 cent per hour raise at one year of service. What will his percent increase in hourly pay be?

A. 2.7%
B. 3.3%
C. 133%
D. 4.8%
E. 105%

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
holy shit nevermind.... .75/15.5 lol

I just wasted an hour of my life on this HAHAHA god I'm an idiot

thetramp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
:( that's unfortunate. Maybe someone can tell me how to figure out this question from a practice exam? It's the only one out of 150 I can't seem to figure out. I'd really appreciate it cuz it's driving me nuts. Either my brain is shot for the day or I'm just an idiot because I cannot figure this one out for the life of me.

125. Jim works for $15.50 per hour for a health care facility. He is supposed to get a 75 cent per hour raise at one year of service. What will his percent increase in hourly pay be?

A. 2.7%
B. 3.3%
C. 133%
D. 4.8%
E. 105%

you don't even need to get the result, this question is meant to find out whether you can estimate an expectancy value, and find the answer that is the closest. A common way to do it would bee to look at it and solve it quickly would be to see 10% of 15.50 is 1.55 that is roughly more than twice the raise, so it got to be a little under 5 percent, and you got the answer.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks man that's how I was looking at it too but I wanted to figure out the exact equation as there's always the possibility I could be given 2 choices that are only a couple tenths away from each other. Thanks though

thetramp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks man that's how I was looking at it too but I wanted to figure out the exact equation as there's always the possibility I could be given 2 choices that are only a couple tenths away from each other. Thanks though

well that hardly will be the case, because this is clearly meant to be for quick estimation, i don't know the wonderlic test, but i have been through a few of tests with questions like that, and if you actually go for the equation you'd score bad because they will give you a lot of questions in a short time.
Because as i said this ain't about math but more about a general understanding of numbers and expectancy. And even the you are probably faster estimating.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Why would you practice for an intelligence test? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose?

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
It's an intelligence test. 12 minutes 50 questions
Maybe someone can tell me how to figure out this question from a practice exam? Either my brain is shot for the day or I'm just an idiot because I cannot figure this one out for the life of me.
holy shit nevermind.... .75/15.5 lol

I just wasted an hour of my life on this HAHAHA god I'm an idiot
:speechless:

Anyone want a Wonderful-lick test? :biggrin1:
Most definitely. :veryhappy:

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why would you practice for an intelligence test? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose?

Well I have to pass it in order to move on to the next phase of testing for a job I'm trying to get. Average score is 21 out of 50...I need to get at least 31 out of 50 in 12 minutes. It's been awhile since I've done anything like this so I'm just brushing up, trying to be prepared as this job could determine the course of my life for the next 10 years

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gosh, I doubt I could get through that much in 12 minutes. And I checked out the link - that is WAY too number based for my liking. My intellectual skills tend to lie more in words.

Ya, apparently on the actual test there's a little more vocabulary/grammar/spatial recognition. Sad part is back in high school, this would have been a piece of cake for me...but now, 7 years later, not so much as I've forgotten a lot of the basics. I couldn't even remember how to divide a decimal into a whole number without a calculator. (Technology has its downsides) Everyone has their strengths I guess