The World's Smallest Car and It's Just Too Cool

Top Gear is the best car show on TV ever. Pity the bastards here in the US won't carry it.

This car is just way too cool :drive:. It was produced in, of all places, Man in the 1960s. It's the Peel P50 and you won't believe what you can do with it. The first part of the vid is the meadow-maker Lexus but stick with it because it just gets a whole lot of fun

odd_fish_9

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In the US that wouldn't count as a car at all, with no reverse gear. It would probably be licensed as a motorcycle. The reverse-camber suspension was alarming, and the notorious instability of 3-wheel cars was almost demonstrated on one of the turns, when it briefly turned into a 2-wheel car. The idea of bringing a carbon monoxide generator like that indoors was also alarming.

And what's with those haircuts?

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like all of those late 50s to early 60s minicars. Some of the more unusual ones in the U.S. include: Fiat 600, Citroen 2CV, Renault 4CV and Dauphine, BMW Isetta and 600, and Saab 93. My favorite, for no logical reason whatsoever, is the DKW 3=6.
Dave

Willy_the_Wonka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In the US that wouldn't count as a car at all, with no reverse gear. It would probably be licensed as a motorcycle. The reverse-camber suspension was alarming, and the notorious instability of 3-wheel cars was almost demonstrated on one of the turns, when it briefly turned into a 2-wheel car. The idea of bringing a carbon monoxide generator like that indoors was also alarming.

And what's with those haircuts?

And besides, try to imagine those in an action scene in a Michael Bay movie. :rolleyes:

B_Swimming Lad

Experimental Member
Media
Top Gear sucks. Shitty show, biased against anything non-European. The guys don't know how to drive for shit and their commentary is often asinine.

Utter bollocks. Top Gear rocks! Its a brilliant program and they are absolutely not biased against anything non-european. They have nothing but praise for Mazda and Lexus and Jeremy Clarkson drives a GT40?? How much more non-european can you get?

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love Top Gear and thought last nights show was brilliant... have they got the vid of Richard Hammond racing the plane?!?!

Richard Hammond is cute... :)

I'm with you SwimmingLad - it's utter bollocks that this show sucks....! It's great!

sjprep06

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
If you truly love TopGear download it instead of watching it on BBC America. They still cut some of the good content out of it plus they're about a season or 2 behind.

And yes, the Peel is a cool car.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Top Gear sucks. Shitty show, biased against anything non-European. The guys don't know how to drive for shit and their commentary is often asinine.

I agree, unfortunately most in the UK love it.

At one time they did actually review cars, advise people on what to buy and other such things. Now they just do stupid stunts and shit like putting a car and a plane in a drag race, setting fire to a caravan or regurgitating the same old jokes about each presenter.

A real shame. :frown1: