The worst date ever!

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I seriously thought about writing a book about my bad dates. I am the queen of bad dates, actually. When I started dating about a year after my divorce I just knew I would be a nun.

I have no idea why I persevered because I just kept having one bad one after another. Lots of egomaniacs! I can't tell you how many never mentioned the way I looked but commented on themselves and how fit they were or something like that.

This one particular started off great! Perfect gentleman. Complimented me - a little too much, but I liked it. Held my door open. Very nice restaurant. Then the first shot was fired: "Now, you can order anything you want, ok?"

Well, I had planned to do just that. Then he started talking about his salary and money. Then he asked me how much I made!!! It just got deeper. "In a committed relationship do you think both parties should equally contribute..." I couldn't answer so he took that as I didn't understand the question! So he kept on and on. OMG I wanted to leave so badly!

Jake in Leather is another episode. And then there's Mum's setup with her podiatrist. The dance freak who almost broke my back.

Let's see there's the gay guy who wanted to make his boyfriend jealous. Oh yeah, that was a winner! Catfight in a gay bar, first one I've ever been in!

OK, I'm getting really depressed now. Any wonder it took me ten years to remarry!

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Jake in Leather is another episode. And then there's Mum's setup with her podiatrist. The dance freak who almost broke my back.

Let's see there's the gay guy who wanted to make his boyfriend jealous. Oh yeah, that was a winner! Catfight in a gay bar, first one I've ever been in!

OK, I'm getting really depressed now. Any wonder it took me ten years to remarry!

EllieP, I'm so sorry that you had so many bad dates! But your hard time makes for some good stories! I was so disappointed that I didn't have any really entertaining stories to tell

Please tell more! I want to know more! Please!

pcghabsy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I seriously thought about writing a book about my bad dates. I am the queen of bad dates, actually. When I started dating about a year after my divorce I just knew I would be a nun.

I have no idea why I persevered because I just kept having one bad one after another. Lots of egomaniacs! I can't tell you how many never mentioned the way I looked but commented on themselves and how fit they were or something like that.

This one particular started off great! Perfect gentleman. Complimented me - a little too much, but I liked it. Held my door open. Very nice restaurant. Then the first shot was fired: "Now, you can order anything you want, ok?"

Well, I had planned to do just that. Then he started talking about his salary and money. Then he asked me how much I made!!! It just got deeper. "In a committed relationship do you think both parties should equally contribute..." I couldn't answer so he took that as I didn't understand the question! So he kept on and on. OMG I wanted to leave so badly!

Well, wow. I am sure you see the funny side of it now. The guy talking about money reminds me of a film - not sure which one. I think the guy boasted about his income in that one - so it could get worse!

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was going to post a response here, but I write too much. So I posted it on my blog. Unfortunately, I don't know how to tell you to get to my blog, but it's around here somewhere.

I promise - I got to write a book!

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
awww! that poor baby :frown1:

and the douche probably thought that he could manipulate you by your maternal instincts.

I must admit i felt a lump my throat when she said that to me.I wanted to take her home and be her mum,my 5 daughters would have loved a lil sis like her.

It's true though that he did say he thought that i'd fall soft and see him again and live happily ever after if his sweet little girl tugged on my heart strings.

I do hope she did get a new mummy.....

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Really? I struggle with the concept of date. It's not really a term that's used where I live. Is it a date if you meet a fuck buddy for 'drinks', knowing that drinks is just a euphemism for sex? Coz I've done that plenty of times :smile: I think I've just rarely had to go through those early stages of a relationship. Most of the people I've had sex with have been mates first. Some have been one-nighters picked up at the club (no date there either).

Is it a date if you're in a LTR and you go out to a restaurant? Coz I've done that.

With my last LTR we met and had sex in one weekend (it was a sort of camping trip). After that I just went and hung out at his place heaps. Sometimes while I was there we'd decide to go out for dinner or to the movies, but nothing I'd count as a date.

My first two LTR's happened in a pretty similar way, only with the sex occurring a bit later.

I've never actually met someone, exchanged numbers, and got in contact later for a date.

So...when you meet a guy you like, you just go back to his place that night?

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I must admit i felt a lump my throat when she said that to me.I wanted to take her home and be her mum,my 5 daughters would have loved a lil sis like her.

It's true though that he did say he thought that i'd fall soft and see him again and live happily ever after if his sweet little girl tugged on my heart strings.

I do hope she did get a new mummy.....
but it's cruel to the point of abusive to make her think she was getting a mother, and then have her suffer misplaced feelings of rejection.

the guy was playing his daughter's heart like a gambling stake.

what a fucking bastard.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I actually started reading this thread thinking I didn't have a bad date. But I did...and the coke thing reminded me of it.

Years ago when I wasn't disillusioned and was in love there was this one woman I completely adored. I would literally do anything for her. And I did...which was actually part of the problem.

For some reason we were talking and somehow coke came up in the conversation. I mentioned that I could get some (I have good friends :confused:).

So anyway that was just before Christmas. I went to her family's house on Christmas day [the date]. Handed her the Class A. She was doing it in the toilet...off the toilet seat which I thought was low. She wanted me to do some but I don't do that shit.

The worst moment ever was later that night. I go to the toilet...and her mother and her brother are there doing coke as well!!!!

That shocked me and I felt very ashamed that I had supplied the coke. We broke up a few days later not because of that but it was probably a good idea. I could never have faced her mother or brother again.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So...when you meet a guy you like, you just go back to his place that night?

With the one nighters (only a few of them mind you - back in my clubbing days) I've gone to his car with him, or we've found a convenient dark place near the club.

I'm also in a group that has a lot of camping events. I've had some one nighters there - usually go back to his tent. I've also spent a fair bit of time in tents of 'friends with benefits'.

As I said, most of my sex has been with guys I would call mates. So usually at his house in that case. And lots of car sex.

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
but it's cruel to the point of abusive to make her think she was getting a mother, and then have her suffer misplaced feelings of rejection.

the guy was playing his daughter's heart like a gambling stake.

what a fucking bastard.

I agree,i told him what a c*nt he was doing that.The poor little lass was roaring her eyes out when i said she couldnt come home with me.She said "I promise not to wee the bed if you let me"...that finished me off,it really did.I felt like the baddy and had tears streaming down my face walking away.

What got me was if he has taken it more slowly and things panned out i would have happily been her mummy but to be thrown in the deep end like that was too much for me.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree,i told him what a c*nt he was doing that.The poor little lass was roaring her eyes out when i said she couldnt come home with me.She said "I promise not to wee the bed if you let me"...that finished me off,it really did.I felt like the baddy and had tears streaming down my face walking away.

What got me was if he has taken it more slowly and things panned out i would have happily been her mummy but to be thrown in the deep end like that was too much for me.

Oh! That's awful!

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i think i would've completely fallen apart at that one.
such a pity you can't kee the kid and ditch the parent!

i just hope he learned his lesson and never put her through that again.

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
i think i would've completely fallen apart at that one.
such a pity you can't kee the kid and ditch the parent!

i just hope he learned his lesson and never put her through that again.

I liked him but i liked the little darling girl more,such a sweet little thing.

I hope all her dreams have come true for her,she definately deserves it.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I've been mulling this around for a while, and the worst "dates" I've ever had were the ones before I came out to my parents -- and the world -- at sixteen. Having to go out with the "local girls with great personalities who could make their own clothes" to "social events" in deep mormondom Ewetaw was tedious at best. Once I came out and was kicked out of the families-are-for-ever nest, I can't remember ever having to worry about dating. I've have some seriously bad fucks, both sad and laughable, but dates? No. No bad dates, because I didn't have to date.

paulh

Just Browsing
Media
I had a lot of very average first dates - probably about 40 variations of 'you're a nice guy...and I think I have a friend who might be interested in you'....

bigwatcher

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've never had a truly terrible date.

Two "highlights" of bad dating would probably be when my girlfriend at the time took me to the movies to see something that I wanted to see for once! Then we get there and I get to pay! :rolleyes:

Another girlfriend I took to a concert, it was all going good until halfway through the set she gets a call that her uncle died.