The X-Files: I Want to Believe

B_godushers

Experimental Member
Media
I just recently got a copy of the new X-Files movie...the one with the digital copy...there's like 3 discs in there..

I have a question...I have seen up through season 4 in the series...if i were to watch the movie now... would there be anything that i wouldn't understand or anything...please let me know...

thanks in advance...

Brandin

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
no, I'd say the movie has nothing to do with the series. The series is more about ET's and the movie is more unexplained phenomena.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
The X-Files (my wife, the sci-fi junkie, got me hooked on it) t.v. series was a blend of a continuing e.t. storyline with occasional stories about other (unrelated) unexplained phenomena.

The first movie was a kind of continuation of the e.t. storyline whereas the second was indeed a stand alone story. I personally preferred the first.

B_godushers

Experimental Member
Media
in I want to believe...there is a scene at the beginning where Scully and Mulder are in the FBI building or something like it and they see a picture of george w bush...why does the x-files theme whistling thing happen then....???

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I just recently got a copy of the new X-Files movie...the one with the digital copy...there's like 3 discs in there..

I have a question...I have seen up through season 4 in the series...if i were to watch the movie now... would there be anything that i wouldn't understand or anything...please let me know...

thanks in advance...

Brandin

Nah, you should be good to go. About the only thing you may not understand is why Mulder and Scully are no longer FBI agents. It isn't a big deal as long as you are willing to let those facts go and accept that they aren't FBI agents anymore and that Mulder is a fugitive.

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I was really disappointed in the latest X-Files movie. It probably killed the franchise IMO! Loved the series and was just going to start watching it again to kill some time. It's good until about season 7 when Mulder dissapeared and the "Cigarette Smoking Man" is one of the TV villians all-time - again IMO...