The Zodiac Sign Your Not

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Everyone here is being fooled. Which particular constellation the sun appears in at the time of your birth dictates your sign. So if you are an Aquarius, the sun was in that constellation from January 21 to February 19. However, your zodiacal sign corresponds to the constellations in our sky as they appeared well over 2,000 years ago.

This is because the Earth rotates on its axis every 25,000 years or so. This wobble known as precession has caused the constellations to shift about 36 degrees, or 1/10 across the sky, or 1 month in your astro[ill]logical terms.

Therefore, when you were born, the sun was likely in the constellation that comes before the one you currently believe you are. And for those beloved scorpios, my heart goes out to you, because the sun is in that constellation for about 7 days, then it appears in the constellation Ophiuchus for about 20 days. So for those scorps who have built their identity upon the zodiac, you are actually an Ophuicii, the serpent holder (maybe appropriate for this site?). Sorry.

Here is the revised, 2008 edition.

Capricorn - Jan 20 to Feb 16
Aquarius - Feb 16 to Mar 11
Pisces - Mar 11 to Apr 18
Aries - Apr 18 to May 13
Taurus - May 13 to Jun 21
Gemini - Jun 21 to Jul 20
Cancer - Jul 20 to Aug 10
Leo - Aug 10 to Sep 16
Virgo - Sep 16 to Oct 30
Libra - Oct 30 to Nov 23
Scorpius - Nov 23 to Nov 29
Ophiuchus - Nov 29 to Dec 17
Sagittarius - Dec 17 to Jan 20

*subject to change over the millenia.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Seriously, Skull ... do you believe this stuff?
(I am very skeptical, but not necessarily dismissive.)

Under the old chart, I was the first day of Aries, so on the Pisces-Aries cusp.
Now I'm just pushed back into Pisces.

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
they took it out along time ago...but it is a constellation.
super crayon...i am talking about Ophiuchus here. lol

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry, it is actually not in astrology and not part of the zodiac. However, astrology is in fact based upon astronomy, and therefore Ophiuchus would have to be considered a sign because the sun does spend significant time in that constellation. This is just further proof that astrology is fooling everyone, especially the scorpios.

Imagine if this information was widely known all hell could break loose, it would be like the church finding out the Earth is not the center of the solar system, or the religious zealots finding out we aren't the only lifeforms in the universe, churches would burn, or cities would crumble, or or maybe not.

Seriously, Skull ... do you believe this stuff?
(I am very skeptical, but not necessarily dismissive.)

I absolutely do not, it is kind of the point I was trying to get across.

*by the way I made up the 2008 revised edition shit, but the dates are accurate. Don't go looking for them in your newspaper or anything.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In all seriousness though I have been aware of this for about 12 years now so its just part of my knowledge bank at this point. I was quite the astronomy buff when I was younger...and star quarterback though. :redface:

mjcp

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Since my birthday is September 4th, that means that although I thought I was a Virgo, I'm really a.... person who doesn't believe in this crap. Astronomy = good, Astrology = waste of time.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmmm well the 2008 revision doesn't matter much since none of us were born in 2008! Still interesting to include the astronomy part in it - guess I should brush up on my constellations.

The 2008 revision is my revision. It has been like this for a couple hundred years at least. So unless you were born during the crusades this applies to you.

D

deleted213967

...then again are we REALLY in 2008 AD?

D

deleted213967

...some early miscalculation of the birth of JC...but we would be talking about 4 years only from what I recall.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it is a conspiracy. The sign of Scorpio has been seen as the devil's sign by many because of its proximity to Samhain. SO we have lost our sign and our planet. Allegedly , Pluto is all but defunct so we have to share Mars with the Aries! Oh well I will continue to be who and what I am whatever and whoever that is... Does that mean I now dont have Cancer moon or Leo rising? I might just have to have an identity crisis now.:biggrin1: On second thought I knew this. In the native American medicine wheel this particular time of year is represented by the serpent as a sign of renewal.