The Zodiac Sign Your Not

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Cause my astronomical observing skills are top notch. Believe it or not, behind my stylish, rugged, cunning jersey demeanor, I got knowledge.

another top notch jersey guy comming through with the right info. see..we are smart!

and even though I am a scorpio, I would have been content being a serpent! hell...I've been hauling my serpent around all this time.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Everyone here is being fooled. Which particular constellation the sun appears in at the time of your birth dictates your sign. So if you are an Aquarius, the sun was in that constellation from January 21 to February 19. However, your zodiacal sign corresponds to the constellations in our sky as they appeared well over 2,000 years ago.

This is because the Earth rotates on its axis every 25,000 years or so. This wobble known as precession has caused the constellations to shift about 36 degrees, or 1/10 across the sky, or 1 month in your astro[ill]logical terms.

Therefore, when you were born, the sun was likely in the constellation that comes before the one you currently believe you are. And for those beloved scorpios, my heart goes out to you, because the sun is in that constellation for about 7 days, then it appears in the constellation Ophiuchus for about 20 days. So for those scorps who have built their identity upon the zodiac, you are actually an Ophuicii, the serpent holder (maybe appropriate for this site?). Sorry.

Here is the revised, 2008 edition.

Capricorn - Jan 20 to Feb 16
Aquarius - Feb 16 to Mar 11
Pisces - Mar 11 to Apr 18
Aries - Apr 18 to May 13
Taurus - May 13 to Jun 21
Gemini - Jun 21 to Jul 20
Cancer - Jul 20 to Aug 10
Leo - Aug 10 to Sep 16
Virgo - Sep 16 to Oct 30
Libra - Oct 30 to Nov 23
Scorpius - Nov 23 to Nov 29
Ophiuchus (Serpent Holder) - Nov 29 to Dec 17
Sagittarius - Dec 17 to Jan 20

*subject to change over the millenia.

Aquarius (The Water Bearer) - Feb 16 to Mar 11 (NEW ASTROLOGICAL SIGN)
Pisces (The Fishes) - Mar 11 to Apr 18 (MY OLD ASTROLOGICAL SIGN)

At least, I am still a water sign. (I still identify with my old astrological sign, though.) :rolleyes::smile:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My sign just changed but I'm going to carry on writing loads of lists and nagging my friends about their untidy cupboards.
Ditto. Why would I be a perfectionist (Virgo) when I can enjoy the beauty and harmony of everything (Libra)?
...then again are we REALLY in 2008 AD?
AD? Who's he?

Gonzo3

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

At least, I am still a water sign. (I still identify with my old astrological sign, though.) :rolleyes::smile:
mmmmmmmmmmm so im a capricorn not an aquarian that makes more sense i hate water.....(as do all gonzos)....and given my predilection for things of a sexual nature sounds like a real goat............ ROCK ON

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
Interesting concepts. I just recently got into astrology. I understand the whole concept of the stars shifting and all that, but I tend to think that astrologists have been adjusting the dates all along. Cause if they haven't been, I wouldn't be able to guess people's signs, and after reading all the traits of the various signs I started noticing things in certain people, and 90% of the time I feel like I know a sign, I have been right.
Which wouldn't be possible if the people whose signs I am guessing are actually a month off...on the otherhand I have guessed that someone was a Taurus when she turned out to be a gemini...

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

So this is saying I am a Libra now? As are most of my other Scorpio friends and all of my Libra friends are now Virgos? WHat about all those Saggitarians who are now Scorpios? Well most of the Scorpios I know are very artistic so perhaps we are Libras after all.

SandraSmithCarver

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Everyone here is being fooled. Which particular constellation the sun appears in at the time of your birth dictates your sign. So if you are an Aquarius, the sun was in that constellation from January 21 to February 19. However, your zodiacal sign corresponds to the constellations in our sky as they appeared well over 2,000 years ago.

This is because the Earth rotates on its axis every 25,000 years or so. This wobble known as precession has caused the constellations to shift about 36 degrees, or 1/10 across the sky, or 1 month in your astro[ill]logical terms.

Therefore, when you were born, the sun was likely in the constellation that comes before the one you currently believe you are. And for those beloved scorpios, my heart goes out to you, because the sun is in that constellation for about 7 days, then it appears in the constellation Ophiuchus for about 20 days. So for those scorps who have built their identity upon the zodiac, you are actually an Ophuicii, the serpent holder (maybe appropriate for this site?). Sorry.

Here is the revised, 2008 edition.

Capricorn - Jan 20 to Feb 16
Aquarius - Feb 16 to Mar 11
Pisces - Mar 11 to Apr 18
Aries - Apr 18 to May 13
Taurus - May 13 to Jun 21
Gemini - Jun 21 to Jul 20
Cancer - Jul 20 to Aug 10
Leo - Aug 10 to Sep 16
Virgo - Sep 16 to Oct 30
Libra - Oct 30 to Nov 23
Scorpius - Nov 23 to Nov 29
Ophiuchus - Nov 29 to Dec 17
Sagittarius - Dec 17 to Jan 20

*subject to change over the millenia.

Im thorally confused, so where did you get your information?

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Interesting concepts. I just recently got into astrology. I understand the whole concept of the stars shifting and all that, but I tend to think that astrologists have been adjusting the dates all along. Cause if they haven't been, I wouldn't be able to guess people's signs, and after reading all the traits of the various signs I started noticing things in certain people, and 90% of the time I feel like I know a sign, I have been right.
Which wouldn't be possible if the people whose signs I am guessing are actually a month off...on the otherhand I have guessed that someone was a Taurus when she turned out to be a gemini...

No, the truth is your just not guessing their signs correctly; you think you are, just as they think they are what sign they are when they are not. So I guess using that logic, you (and them) are essentially wrong 90% of the time :wink:

Astrology is like those psychics people go see. They give very broad general blanket suggestions that make you believe them. If you were to white out the names of all the signs when reading a horoscope and I picked out a random one to read you claiming it was yours, you would extrapolate information from that pertaining to you and your life.

Go read some other star signs, there is no doubt you will find general broad terms that apply to your situation (just be honest with yourself and forget what sign you think you are). People interpret the same information in various ways to best suit themselves.

People are very suggestive, and very open to priming. A simple horoscope can direct one's personality traits. Almost placebo-like. Check out some research done by Bertram R. Forer, the "Forer effect", which shows people's propensity to believe that the vaguely worded profiles of astrology are actually custom-tailored and accurate.

People like to exhibit the supposed traits of their sign, but more often than not these traits are developed after they get into astrology. I don't see kids really exhibiting their alleged signs traits.

Astrologists have never adjusted for the shifting of the earth's axis. If they did, then you would be a different sign, plain and simple. This is the part of astrology that is purely scientific and purely does not hold up against the laws of science.

I also hesitate to bring this up, as astrology is benign in a sense, but there are parallels between astrology and racism. They both are based on the principle that one's behavior is due to how they were born, rather than how they were raised. Most astrology readings are old parlor tricks that point out general positive qualities about a person. But along the same lines, if you can believe someone to be introspective because they were born in december, then you can also be lead to believe the asinine idea that one is lazy because of the color of their skin. I'm not calling anyone racist here, just think about this next time you are reading and believing someone's traits because of a horoscope.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Im thorally confused, so where did you get your information?

I have been aware of this information since I was kid. I used to read a lot of books and magazines when I was young (when I wasn't throwing touchdowns and the like) and there was an article one day on this subject. I never forgot it, and it is a great conversation starter with people. A lot of Astronomy people do not like astrology, as it gives them a bad name. So in the Astronomy vs Astrology war, this is often cited as to why astrology is complete bullshit.

And to follow what I was saying in the above post, a lot of posts in this thread alone point to people's complete suggestibility. And of course there is nothing wrong with it, but don't go basing serious life altering decisions upon your horoscope, that would be like something GwB would do...

SandraSmithCarver

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have been aware of this information since I was kid. I used to read a lot of books and magazines when I was young (when I wasn't throwing touchdowns and the like) and there was an article one day on this subject. I never forgot it, and it is a great conversation starter with people. A lot of Astronomy people do not like astrology, as it gives them a bad name. So in the Astronomy vs Astrology war, this is often cited as to why astrology is complete bullshit.

And to follow what I was saying in the above post, a lot of posts in this thread alone point to people's complete suggestibility. And of course there is nothing wrong with it, but don't go basing serious life altering decisions upon your horoscope, that would be like something GwB would do...

Interesting, i've always been interested in Astrology, and try to follow the changes with theplanets, right now Mercury is in retrograde, until Feb 18, has to do with anything having to do with communication is often messed up, since mercury is the communication planet,, and it has been pretty bad for me,, my cell phone bill is messed up, my car has basically died,, with the mechanice won't give me a break on a rebuilt transmission, even though the warrenty is only 2 months expired,, etc, etc :confused:

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
wellll its the dead of winter so cars usually break down around now, and mechanics always are dicks about giving you breaks on anything, so I wouldn't blame mercury's retrograde orbit just yet...and my cell phone bill is always messed up.

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
I am not going to lie...I am a suggestible person, but 95% of the time I have felt like I have known someones sun sign, I have been right.
I have been wrong most of the times where I tell people this and they ask me their sign...but that is because those people didn't give me any distinct feeling.
Let me tell you ...I will lower my estimate of 95% dramatically if I remember to ask this girl her sign on Thursday. Basically I am in a class with her and I don't know her. We are supposed to work on an essay. From the fiery way she argued a point in class and the innocence that belied her argument, I am betting she is an aries. I will come back Thursday and post if I was right.
You can think this is a hoax, but I am doing it for myself. Cause I feel like I have guessed sun signs right every time I have had a hunch...and you have managed to sway my opinion on astrology, Skullmason.

If I am right, I would say that astrology is something that trancends races. We are all human...I figured that Eastern cultures have had thousands of years to notice that when certain stars were arranged in certain ways people would manifest differently.