Theatre schools

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Child_of_the_sun, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Child_of_the_sun

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hiya, I was wondering if anybody here knew about any theatre and drama schools on NY or London? Im thinking about applying to a school in either city, I need to get out of here and when I went to London I fell in love with it and alot of people have told my that NY would be the perfect place for me :)

2. SpiceboyMJ

SpiceboyMJ New Member

Albums:
    Try here. I think you may find some useful info here. I personally went to The American Musical And Dramatic Academy. Let me know if I can help you in any other way.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/index.c...ardname=student

PS: I know LAMDA (London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts and Cambridge have excellent programs in London)

3. dufus

dufus New Member

SpiceboyMJ's former avatar was the most unique and provocative that I have ever seen on LPSG. I can't say enough good things about his new one. I really like it. You are one good looking dude SpiceboyMJ. Judging from your posts, your home web page, and your avatars, I would venture to guess that you are having one hell of a good time navigating this thing we call life. You are a lucky dude indeed.

4. SpiceboyMJ

SpiceboyMJ New Member

Albums:
    SpiceboyMJ's former avatar was the most unique and provocative that I have ever seen on LPSG. I can't say enough good things about his new one. I really like it. You are one good looking dude SpiceboyMJ. Judging from your posts, your home web page, and your avatars, I would venture to guess that you are having one hell of a good time navigating this thing we call life. You are a lucky dude indeed.
    [post=329604]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    Wow! Well, you are very kind indeed. I am at a loss for words. Thank you very much. :blush:

5. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

Well I have to say I think Child of the Sun's Avatar is one of the sexiest on here by far. :9

Not that it contributes much, but there we go.

6. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    National Institute of Dramatic Arts (NIDA) in Sydney.

See the official website, part of the UNiversity of New South Wales. Or check out Friends of NIDA USA

"Founding Patron is Mel Columcille Gerard Gibson, a winner of Oscars, the Golden Globe and BAFTA, among many others, is the recipient of great artistic and popular recognition worldwide. "

Mel Gibson and Geoffrey Rush were Vladimir and Estragon in their class production of Waiting for Godot. Who wouldn't want to be in the audience for that? They were also roomies.
    Cate Blanchett
    Toni Collette
    Baz Luhrmann
    Hugo Weaving
    Richard Roxburgh (I'm his number one fan after Moulin Rouge. So is Ewan McGregor, I understand.)
    Ben Gannon
    Phillip Noyce (Director Patriot Games)
    Naomi Watts
    Judy Davis
    Rachel Griffiths (I think)
    Susan Lyons (head of International Actors' Equity)

Involved/instructors
    Dame Elisabeth Murdoch (Rupert's mother)
    Fred Schepisi
    Peter Weir
    Colin Friels

Looking past the names, graduates have an excellent track record for bread-and-butter employment in showbiz around the world after graduation.

Great weather, glorious beaches, the largest gay and lesbian celebration in the world the first week of every March, exquisite food, great wine at a reasonable price and cheap beer. The cost of living in Sydney is daunting, but for anyone considering London or NY it's no worse.

But apply soon, since the academic year begins in March, not September. And the auditions are tough.

Think about it, sun-child. It could change your life.

hb8

7. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Geoffrey Rush is so outspokenly pro-gay, and Mel Gibson is an admittedly extreme homophobe: what a cozy environment their domicile must've been!

Draft saved Draft deleted