thedirty.com - Tell her or not?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by bigman79, Sep 26, 2011.

1. bigman79

bigman79 Member

So for those of you that don't know what thedirty.com is it's basically a website where you can post anonymous statements about other people and post their pictures. It is seperated by cities and colleges. A lot of it is just your typical bathroom wall B.S., a lot of it is talking about how slutty a girl is, or how they use drugs, etc.

I was told i was on the site, and I am. However it isn't a really big deal to me. However I went thru the people for my hometown and found my ex/close friend. Basically we were bf/gf in high school and have stayed close friends ever since (4 years). She currently has a boyfriend of like 3/4 months.

The stuff said about her includes her sleeping around, that she sometimes has acne on her face and it's probably from all the cum guys spray on her (new to me), that she will suck/fuck anything that moves, and that she had an abortion. Obviously the big one is the abortion. It happened last year and only a couple people know about it, a mutual friend of ours told me about it and I know that my ex doesn't know I know about it. For a girl that is 21 having out on the internet that she had an abortion would probably crush anybody, and definitely this girl since she has a pretty good reputation.

My issue is, do I tell her about the posting and basically give her a heads up, and be that shoulder to cry on? Or do i just let time work and be there when someone else points it out to her?

2. Charles Finn

Gold Member

Albums:
    yes for sure tell her if you are still close I would want to hear something from a friend and not find out another way

3. Incocknito

Gold Member

This seems a bit open to abuse/lawsuits. Sounds like it's an American thing for now at least. Even if it was widespread, no one has anything bad to say about me :)

I would say don't tell her and if she finds out, comfort her. Ignorance is bliss, as they say. And conversely, the know you know, the more that troubles you. Or something...

4. hockeysweat

hockeysweat New Member

Albums:
    According to the site's faq:

I would tactfully and compassionately tell her that someone put her picture on this vile website, immediately offer your support, and give her the information above. And do not say a word about the actual content of the post unless she brings it up.

5. bigman79

bigman79 Member

any female input?

6. ohboyyy

ohboyyy New Member

Albums:
    you should tell her, i would. i dont like when people talk shit behind someones back, especially online.

7. dolfette

Gold Member

tell her.

and let her know it says more about the person who posted than it does about her. that your opinion of her isn't changed one iota by this twaddle.
    what is up there, unless it can be proven, is libel. it's illegal and she may be able to get a lawyer to fix it if the site does not respond to a polite request.

Draft saved Draft deleted