TheExbook.com

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi,

I got a disturbing message in my myspace inbox today. From some unknown person who knows my name saying bad things are being said about me on the exbook. a site that someone came up with to "warn" others about their former dates. I have no idea why anyone would 1),go there, 2) Put anything about me there 3) The whole idea is really rather creepy. I think online anything can be tricky at best. But what can one do about insane individuals possibly spreading vitriol unknown to you? It may be spam since I didnt go into the site myself and check it out. It did freak me out, though.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hi,

I got a disturbing message in my myspace inbox today. From some unknown person who knows my name saying bad things are being said about me on the exbook. a site that someone came up with to "warn" others about their former dates. I have no idea why anyone would 1),go there, 2) Put anything about me there 3) The whole idea is really rather creepy. I think online anything can be tricky at best. But what can one do about insane individuals possibly spreading vitriol unknown to you? It may be spam since I didnt go into the site myself and check it out. It did freak me out, though.

I guess that will teach you to not to get mad at me for not showing up to Sunday's book chat, gurlfriend...:wink: HaHA!!!!

Kidding. People are always doing something. I am going to go on there and see what the dirt is...My ex may have something on me there. :smile:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Oh, hell--no. I am not paying for that. Naughty, I wouldn't even believe what people say about you. You most definately aren't in control of that. I don't have any control over what people say about me.

basketbulge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi,

Hey Naughty,

I'm sorry to hear you had this happen today. It is creepy and more than likely a scam. I did a quick look at the site and noticed you have to pay for a membership, which leads me to think you did get spam. There is likely a scheme to drive innocent people to the site who want to see what has been said about them.

I just did a google and found this:

10 Apr 2007: I need a sleazy class action lawyer

So I get some annoying spam about this scam website the ex book. The email of course says that some ex posted horrible horrible things about you, log on to the site to check them out. Of course, to log on you have to pay for a subscription. Here's my ideas:

1. Get their contact information, serve them with a request for all information pertaining to your name, etc etc, for purposes of pursuing a libel suit against whoever wrote these horrible things about you. Of course, this requires getting their contact information, and I think Domains By Proxy will want an actual dead tree request to give this up. Just the hassle of dealing with this, especially after I post their contact information here for everyone to easily find, might make them reconsider their constant spamming. Okay, probably appropriate for the hassle of clicking "delete", but not too satisfying.

2. File a class action lawsuit. For this, I need someone to make the complaint. This would have to be someone who received advertising email saying that an ex had written something about them, subscribed to the site, and found that there was nothing about them at all there. Once someone has initiated legal proceedings against them, you can probably demonstrate that most of their claims are false ("millions of exes"? yeah, right), which means you can expand the class to every one of their subscribers. IANAL, but I think just by showing negligence they open themselves up to treble damage, and if you can show intentional fraud, conspiracy to commit fraud, etc, there's pretty much no limit on damages.

So, if you are one of those two required items, meaning a sleazy class action lawyer, or someone who has actually paid money to theexbook.com, please write me, I'll connect you guys, and then I can enjoy watching some basement-dwelling spammer die in a fire.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess that will teach you to not to get mad at me for not showing up to Sunday's book chat, gurlfriend...:wink: HaHA!!!!

Kidding. People are always doing something. I am going to go on there and see what the dirt is...My ex may have something on me there. :smile:

LOL! I noticed you said that really small! LOL! By the way, check mine out while you are at it. I dont know who could have said anything about me, but who knows. Someone I didnt give any attention to in the 6th grade, maybe?

here is the message:

If the story an ex posted, Kimberly on theexbook dotcom is real, then in my opinion, its not right. I actually took my own time through a link to find you and tell you that I think its not right to treat someone that way when love was involved. Was it love? What was it?

Good luck in the dating world - hopefully this experience will result in better decision making. If what an ex wrote is not true or this is not you, then I appologize for this message.But my ethics may be different than your own. I just wanted to share my point of view, people deserve to be treated with respect, honesty, and loyalty.The site does have a rebuttal section but no rebuttals were made, so either it was not cared about or unknown.
ed about or unknown.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
LOL! I noticed you said that really small! LOL! By the way, check mine out while you are at it. I dont know who could have said anything about me, but who knows. Someone I didnt give any attention to in the 6th grade, maybe?

here is the message:

If the story an ex posted, Kimberly on theexbook dotcom is real, then in my opinion, its not right. I actually took my own time through a link to find you and tell you that I think its not right to treat someone that way when love was involved. Was it love? What was it?

Good luck in the dating world - hopefully this experience will result in better decision making. If what an ex wrote is not true or this is not you, then I appologize for this message.But my ethics may be different than your own. I just wanted to share my point of view, people deserve to be treated with respect, honesty, and loyalty.The site does have a rebuttal section but no rebuttals were made, so either it was not cared about or unknown.
ed about or unknown.

You gotta pay to find out. That's messed up. I wasn't paying to find out. My ex can say whatever he wants.

Another way schadenfreude pays in society. I wouldn't worry about it. If people believe what hear about you based on exbook.com then, they aren't getting your side of the story.

BigA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If it is spam. Well then they succeeded by getting you to post this. I just gave them my credit card... j/k:rolleyes:

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Spam, glorious spam!

Darlin' that was nowhere near specific enough to be about you personally. Sadly, there are several ways they can get your name, as it is linked to your email addy. It's a shitty ploy to get you to join their site, just like basketbulge said.

A couple years ago, some n00b joined this site to PM me that my pics were on a profile for some dating site I'd never seen. Someone had made a whole profile with a different name/location using my pics. It took me a couple letters and calls to convince the site to remove my pics or be sued, but they finally did take them down. Turns our they were probably over half full of bullshit profiles, trying to get their site off the ground, and look like they already had a lot of paying members. I hope they all rot in hell.

Anyway, don't be creeped out, they don't know anything about you, they just want your money.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Spam, glorious spam!

Darlin' that was nowhere near specific enough to be about you personally. Sadly, there are several ways they can get your name, as it is linked to your email addy. It's a shitty ploy to get you to join their site, just like basketbulge said.

A couple years ago, some n00b joined this site to PM me that my pics were on a profile for some dating site I'd never seen. Someone had made a whole profile with a different name/location using my pics. It took me a couple letters and calls to convince the site to remove my pics or be sued, but they finally did take them down. Turns our they were probably over half full of bullshit profiles, trying to get their site off the ground, and look like they already had a lot of paying members. I hope they all rot in hell.

Anyway, don't be creeped out, they don't know anything about you, they just want your money.

Wow,

You have really been through it! THanks for the perspective. I guess my mom keeps me hyped with all of the specials on the internet which she religiously watches on television.:biggrin1:

i just got the same message from them

including my full name in the title

here it is....

If the story an ex posted, Jessica, on theexbook dot com is real, then in my opinion, its not right. I actually took my own time through a link to find you and tell you that I think its not right to treat someone that way when love was involved. Was it love? What was it?

Good luck in the dating world - hopefully this experience will result in better decision making. If what an ex wrote is not true or this is not you, then I appologise for this message. But my ethics may be different than your own. I just wanted to share my point of view, people deserve to be treated with respect, honesty, and loyalty. The site does have a rebuttal section but no rebuttals were made, so either it was not cared about or unknown.